Who is getting it?

-<<SyycK>>-
3rd January 2007, 09:27
I saw vegas and assumed this was spam.
And no I'm not getting it, didn't even know the franchise was still kickin'

Isolation
3rd January 2007, 09:33
I'd get it if I had a 360.

But for now, I'm sticking with my current-gen setup and huntin' down some western themed games. Ye. Ha.

On topic: Is Vegas as broke'd on PC as Splinter Cell 4 was? If not, I might think about buying it then...

Demented
3rd January 2007, 09:48
It's definitely not as broke, according to Anandtech. It eats framerate like popcorn, though. Crazy hardware reviewers, they see a performance hog of a game and they complain that it doesn't support anti-aliasing or a resolution greater than 1600x1200.

I'm just wondering if the multiplayer maps are more detailed in the PC version.

Gusdor
3rd January 2007, 12:16
The xbox multiplayer was so bland...

Ging
3rd January 2007, 13:22
The xbox multiplayer was so bland...

Better than GoW however...

Boxy
3rd January 2007, 16:35
Better than GoW however...
Man you knew I couldn't sit that statement out and how would you know, you've hardly played either on your bust 360's :p

Back on track and away from pathetic side snipes, Vegas looks like a sack of shit next to Gears and has an annoying ambigious cover system. Gears does badly need some more gametypes (where the feck is that update??!) but both are fun when you get in a game with mates and play together. In all other scenarios I find MP on both a little tiresome after a while.

In short get a bunch of mates on Live and play either for a good laugh.

Ging
3rd January 2007, 16:52
Man you knew I couldn't sit that statement out and how would you know, you've hardly played either on your bust 360's :p

I've played more than enough of both to know which I prefer... :D

The system around Gears cover setup is wank - "I want to get into cover" oh look, I've thrown myself forward with gay abandon into someone who's now chainsawing me. I've no doubt that CliffyB thought having one button do everything was a great idea - just a shame he was wrong.

While I can't use everything to get into cover in Vegas, at least I know I'll get into cover when I need to!

Gusdor
3rd January 2007, 18:54
The system around Gears cover setup is wank - "I want to get into cover" oh look, I've thrown myself forward with gay abandon into someone who's now chainsawing me. I've no doubt that CliffyB thought having one button do everything was a great idea - just a shame he was wrong.

While I can't use everything to get into cover in Vegas, at least I know I'll get into cover when I need to!
QFT

THE one button thing was a big mistake. The way Vegas does cover is much more precise imo

I sitll dont know why every saysd Cliffy is such an awesome designer

Demented
3rd January 2007, 20:17
Are there buttons on the controller that have no use whatsoever?

QReaper
3rd January 2007, 20:26
In RS: V, grenades are fucking terrors for anyone that wears anything heavier than light armor.

I don't use any armor at all, and I do surprisingly well too.:D

Ging
3rd January 2007, 20:41
Armours not actually all that effective in Vegas - there's only 3 'bands' of protection rather than the supposed 10. So you might as well stay at the bottom end of each armour tier to guarantee speed without worrying about damage. (The tiers are 0 - 3, 4 - 7 and 8 - 10)

Zabiela
3rd January 2007, 21:00
I really liked RBS 3 on xbox, was one of my favorite console games for a while. I had a lot of fun on xbox live, really TDM was all that was needed.

As far as the previews i've seen, vegas looks like #3 with better graphics. So i'd much like to try it.

Sil
4th January 2007, 14:48
I remember I enjoyed Raven Shield. But, when I came to play Lockdown, I was horrified. Ugly graphics, even for a later game, and the entire game was without any flow. Felt like an arcade version of the old tactical simulators that were dubbed "Rainbow Six".

Hrr. Rainbow sex. Fuckin' on rimfrost ftw.