PDA

View Full Version : hands on objects

pazik
1st January 2007, 19:05
killing with physics is fun. but is it not awkward that the hidden does not need to use his hands?

Ging
1st January 2007, 19:24
No, it's not awkward.

crans
2nd January 2007, 02:01
Pwned.

Zabiela
2nd January 2007, 02:09
Pwned.

*cough*

Its norm in hl2. It would look wierder with hands.

crans
2nd January 2007, 02:29
*cough*

Its norm in hl2. It would look wierder with hands.

*splutter*

pazik
2nd January 2007, 03:44
what ever. its developers choice.

hutch
2nd January 2007, 04:34
Five posts and I already dislike you.

Anyway.

Fluffy
2nd January 2007, 04:38
Five posts and I already dislike you.

Anyway.

2 posts and generally 90% of the forum gets in an argument with you though...

Ging
2nd January 2007, 04:45
what ever. its developers choice.

The issue is nice placement of the hands - sure, you could use a generic hand animation to show the hands are up, but they'd look odd 'holding' different objects. Doing it dynamically leads to Trespasser syndrome

Fluffy
2nd January 2007, 05:12
The issue is nice placement of the hands - sure, you could use a generic hand animation to show the hands are up, but they'd look odd 'holding' different objects. Doing it dynamically leads to Trespasser syndrome
I say make four different animations and each has a tag. One for small objects (cans, rocks, and such) one for large round objects (barrels, other round-shaped objects like propane tanks) one for large square shaped objects (like boxes, pallets, vent covers ect.) and one for the xbox... with it's own special animations ;)

Demented
2nd January 2007, 05:27
Some day I want to see a game where you can see the bridge of your nose. :D

Fluffy
2nd January 2007, 06:04
Some day I want to see a game where you can see the bridge of your nose. :D

I'm working on something like this already :D

well it's sort of this effect, it's there, but hard to see... It's working off the effect of two points of view separated by a few units for the view model, and a little less of a difference for the world. The result is a double overlay with a blur effect on the difference (dependent on how far it is from the center of the crosshairs to the player. if you've seen CoD3 you'd know the effect I'm talking about. It's almost like this from when you draw the gun up to view down the sights but more realistic)

hutch
2nd January 2007, 06:10
2 posts and generally 90% of the forum gets in an argument with you though...
bah everyone loves teh hot sexy hutch! :p

Demented
2nd January 2007, 06:12
I'm working on something like this already :D

Okay, it's official. You need less free time! =D

Paegus
2nd January 2007, 12:24
so do we get to play a prey creature that has the eyes on the side of its face?

Fluffy
2nd January 2007, 18:36
Okay, it's official. You need less free time! =D

dude... I spend my life on my computer. All of my friends feed me ideas during the day and I spend from like 5pm to midnight coding and testing them. I have no life!!! (save me jebus!)

the only downfall is when hammer acts up... Usually I dont spend enough time in hammer because I dred the horrible compile times (such a large map! Final compile is estemated at 3.949185 months)