PDA

View Full Version : Need help with hdn_underground

EmeralDragon
31st December 2006, 19:34
I was wondering if anyone could help me fix hdn_underground_b1 and b2.

It CTD after clicking on the OK of the MOTD. I believe it has something to do with the camera in the map (I don't think there is one), but I'm clueless on how to use hammer.

Could someone perhaps toss a single camera in the map so I can attempt to load it on our server?

I can shoot the files over MSN, as I can't find anywhere that hosts them anymore. It's roughly 2mb for both in a .rar file.

Fluffy
31st December 2006, 20:16
if it works for other servers than it's a plugin issue, not a map issue. Something must be reacting with the server and the server doesnt like it...

EmeralDragon
31st December 2006, 20:29
It's my understanding that it won't work with B4 period (it will for B3, and B5) because of the camera issue. I'm trying to host it on a listen server, without any sort of plugins.

Also, I forgot to add that the elevators need working as well. Since B4 (maybe since B3), you can no longer use the elevators. There is no physical mesh to them, you simply fall right through. I explicitly remember that happening right after a new version, but I haven't a clue why that would "break" the map. :(

Isolation
1st January 2007, 00:24
If Fluffy is unable, I can probably help. PM me if my services are required, and I'll give you my email info.

Fluffy
1st January 2007, 19:34
If Fluffy is unable, I can probably help. PM me if my services are required, and I'll give you my email info.

Unfortunately I am unable... I'm stuck in new mexico until thursday because of all of the snow we got. I'm working on a shuttle PC that I built for my aunt but she's got software on it that prevents me from running my pocket hard drive without her password (has steam, hammer, and hidden installed on it so i can work on it on almost any computer...). It wouldnt be so bad if she typed in her password but she flew across the country to stay with my aunt and uncle out there (like... 10 minutes from where we live too)

Boxy
1st January 2007, 21:49
If the other dudes are struggling to help you I can attempt to take a look at it the problem (if it is map based). Just PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can...

EmeralDragon
2nd January 2007, 00:12
Thanks Boxy, but Iso is going to try to help out first. I have faith in him. :D

Thanks for the interest though.

Isolation
2nd January 2007, 02:03
Well, the elevators are a problem for me. Check the inbox, Boxy.

Since I'm posting: these elevators are func_tracktrain based, and built like the one here: http://forum.interlopers.net/viewtopic.php?t=2393

Except, the func_tracktrain is a single brush, with both the model car and the "physical" car (made of nodrawed func_brush), parented to the tracktrain and basically dragged up and down. No matter what I did, the player constantly falls through both the model and the "car".

If anyone has ideas, post.

Fluffy
2nd January 2007, 03:25
Well, the elevators are a problem for me. Check the inbox, Boxy.

Since I'm posting: these elevators are func_tracktrain based, and built like the one here: http://forum.interlopers.net/viewtopic.php?t=2393

Except, the func_tracktrain is a single brush, with both the model car and the "physical" car (made of nodrawed func_brush), parented to the tracktrain and basically dragged up and down. No matter what I did, the player constantly falls through both the model and the "car".

If anyone has ideas, post.

Func_brush is a bad idea for something that the player will stand on. Generally the player will "stand" on the brush until the players feet bump through them (lag based) and then the player will not compensate for the movement and will continue to fall until hitting another brush or entity.

The wise thing to do would be to make a moving func_door out of that nodraw brush instead. Removing the func_traintrack will mean that opening the door will leave you with only two stops, but I dont know how else to solve the problem... (since a func_door brush can only open and close, thus leaving two places it can stop and a moving phase in between)

hutch
2nd January 2007, 03:36
Fluffy do you want to remove the password?

Fluffy
2nd January 2007, 04:53
Fluffy do you want to remove the password?

aye, password crackers dont work. I've tried. You cant download .exe, .zip, applications, or pretty much any other file other than .html, .jpg, .txt, or .wma/.wmv videos. You cant even run anything from a cd/flash drive/floppy/USB pocket drive without the password either so that's out of the question. Running anything via floppy is also impossible seeing as I built this PC for her without a FDD. I'm almost tempted to put a BIOS password here just to get back at her... but that's just cruel...

BTW: It's an application that changed the registry so I cant end the process of the application or use regedit commands to delete the registry file so I can do anything via my pocket drive.

EmeralDragon
5th January 2007, 03:38
Any luck with hdn_underground? :p

Kira Yamato
5th January 2007, 03:45
aye, password crackers dont work. I've tried. You cant download .exe, .zip, applications, or pretty much any other file other than .html, .jpg, .txt, or .wma/.wmv videos. You cant even run anything from a cd/flash drive/floppy/USB pocket drive without the password either so that's out of the question. Running anything via floppy is also impossible seeing as I built this PC for her without a FDD. I'm almost tempted to put a BIOS password here just to get back at her... but that's just cruel...

BTW: It's an application that changed the registry so I cant end the process of the application or use regedit commands to delete the registry file so I can do anything via my pocket drive.

You could maybe break in to the program and delete or change the pass?

Isolation
5th January 2007, 03:49
Any luck with hdn_underground? :p

Cameras = yes. Elevators = not yet. That I know of anyway.

edit°
5th January 2007, 12:28

Could you not just ring her up and ask for the password? If you're building it for her you can just say that you need to use a PC and you're stuck where you are.

Failing that, pick a password cracker and one of your hidden buddies here can change the extension to jpeg and host you it.