PDA

View Full Version : First Round Start Time

TheGreatHegemon
30th December 2006, 03:48
Currently, I've noted that the first round after the map changes tends to leave out 3 or 4 people from being involved by just SECONDS.

If possible, I would suggest perhaps increasing the wait before the first round by 5 or so seconds? That way, more people could join that round in time.

Zabiela
30th December 2006, 04:18
Server side mods exist to create a pause. It waits untill everyone leaves spectator (or stays in spec more than 10 seconds or so).... I think.

TheGreatHegemon
30th December 2006, 05:01
However, it would be better if the game did it natively, i would think. It's not a must have, or even high priority, just an idea for making a game a bit nicer :P

Zabiela
30th December 2006, 09:33
However, it would be better if the game did it natively, i would think. It's not a must have, or even high priority, just an idea for making a game a bit nicer :P

Quite true, just wait till Ging posts his opinion, itll kill, or give life to the thread ;)

Paegus
30th December 2006, 11:14
it already IS a native function of the server...

server.cfg:

// Initial round delay when there are enough players (seconds)
hdn_jointime 15

it's up to server admins to change that to whatever they prefer. a default value of 30 would be better in my opinion so that even those slightly less than top of the line systems can get in in time.

-SM-SUCKER
30th December 2006, 17:01
Edit :Wrote some bullshit ... :)

starstriker1
30th December 2006, 17:24
Yeah, I THOUGHT there was a cvar for that...

...a higher default value couldn't be a bad thing! :)

TheGreatHegemon
30th December 2006, 19:54
Then I change my suggestion:
Make the default value for that cvar higher! :D

<Beatlemania>
31st December 2006, 06:46
personally i love it when i can beat those 6 other players out and kill the only IRIS playing while they watch