PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Hunt

Nuka5
29th December 2006, 16:50
I really like hidden; nothing wrong here... but i was wondering if it could be made a bit bigger for more people per server, and more crazy games.

here's the idea:

Two teams, of equal size, and a Hidden

One team is IRIS, the other are Mercs (it would need new models :() They are both trying to kill the hidden, and take the body to a certain spot, which would essentially be where the other team start. take it for research..

I imagine it would be servers of size of 11 - 17 players, and would be really intense, as you not only try to spot the hidden, but actually hunt him down first, and then survive the other team at the same time.

I think it would be a great evolution for this Mod. :)

Sil
29th December 2006, 16:58
A problem could be a partial hidden, but that is kind of already a problem.

Paegus
29th December 2006, 17:27
what? you mean it's not fair to slaughter those you don't like then take your time playing with people you do? or something along those lines...

as for the 2x visible teams... idk. would turn into CSS with an invisible dude to finish off the survivors. it's not a bad idea as far as the story goes though. someone else got wind and wants 617 for themselves. though would they specifically want him ALIVE?

Euphoria
29th December 2006, 17:52
My first thread "Playing hidden competitively" sort of went into this concept:

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=6286&highlight=hidden+teams

starstriker1
29th December 2006, 19:12
In the initial public build, you could have more than 8 marines. This could get crazy... it also meant that the marines were either impossible for the hidden to kill, or that they acted like a herd of lemmings with guns and a sense of paranoia.

It wouldn't be feasible now, though... the ragdolls (and all the resulting network information) are enough by themselves to cripple a server.

Demented
29th December 2006, 21:34
If Overrun were made so you could have any number of marines, with client-ragdolls, that could be amusing.

For the original idea, the maps as they are just happen to be too small for two teams of IRIS.

Nuka5
30th December 2006, 18:00
ragdolls already could be client, surely, and you would only need to know where the torso was as the limbs hardly matter? except for pinning, obviously.

Demented
31st December 2006, 01:35
The limbs are very significant for determining where the torso goes.
Also, much of the cost of ragdolls is the physics and cpu cost, not just the bandwidth.

Pan the Goat God
31st December 2006, 05:44
If Overrun were made so you could have any number of marines, with client-ragdolls, that could be amusing.

Overrun broke so many servers back when it had ragdolls..

God it was fun though.