PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Isolation
27th December 2006, 22:12
Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

The first F4 movie was a bit... not all that great (but better than Daredevil and Punisher, at least). But the new one looks cool. Silver Surfer looks pretty badass.

Demented
27th December 2006, 22:20
Maybe too badass.
But, 'ey, so long as there's lots of destruction involved I can't complain.
Punisher was good in its own mediocritous way, but F4 wasn't.

Zabiela
27th December 2006, 22:26
Not worth 10$.

(thats how i choose movies btw- worth or not worth 10$, cuz thats the average ticket price. It could still be a movie worth watching, but not for 10$ imo.)

\Still, looks intense. Eager for a bootleg.

Isolation
27th December 2006, 22:32
Punisher was good in its own mediocritous way, but F4 wasn't.

Well, I felt Punisher was the absolute worst Marvel movie ever (much like the other Punisher flick before it). F4, Hulk, Daredevil at least stuck to their origin close enough to forgive slight alterations. But Punisher was a whiny pansy and had none of the grit, or edge or insanity that the character is known for.

Gusdor
27th December 2006, 23:58
Not worth 10$.

(thats how i choose movies btw- worth or not worth 10$, cuz thats the average ticket price. It could still be a movie worth watching, but not for 10$ imo.)

\Still, looks intense. Eager for a bootleg.
Me and my girlfriend have a Cinima vs. BitTorrent scale. Based on time, money and quality of movie

Cool trailer. Weirid though, I always remember the Silver Surfer being a good guy =/ I guess they will be doing all the Galactus shit hehe

Pan the Goat God
28th December 2006, 00:35
Jessica Alba.

Demented
28th December 2006, 00:49
Cool trailer. Weirid though, I always remember the Silver Surfer being a good guy =/ I guess they will be doing all the Galactus shit hehe

Reading the plot summary, Silver Surfer is here to ensure Earth is prepared for... prolly Galactus shit. Yup.

Ging
28th December 2006, 01:28
Silver Surfer does indeed start as a bad guy - he's a herald for Galactus, though the Fantastic Four do 'turn' him. He's a bit cheaty mind you, he's essentially invincible and has access to strength similar to that of Hulk in full on pissed off mode...

Gusdor
28th December 2006, 01:44
He rocks :D I love the graphics on him and the board. Its imba. I also like the way the Torch is done now. You can make out jonny underneath it now which you couldnt in the other.

neebo
28th December 2006, 05:20
I was always a big fan of silver surfer when i was younger, I thought it was a extremely cool character.

Kira Yamato
28th December 2006, 07:50
Is there a non apple source for the trailer. Apple's formats absolutely suck, because as far as computing goes apple is about stone age.

Demented
28th December 2006, 08:18
Meh, Quicktime works better than WMP... if you aren't using IE.
It seem a moot point, anyhow. The studio is too cheap to get their own servers to host .wmv vids on, so it's quicktime only.

There are hints of a rumoured bootleg trailer, and I doubt that would be a .mov.

Gusdor
28th December 2006, 10:29
Quicktmie is great. Just download the package and install the player only - bob's your uncle

Ben42
30th December 2006, 19:35
Is it just me, or did Surfer just kill Johnny?

Isolation
30th December 2006, 19:47
Nah, just deprived him of oxygen, making his powers invalid, and rendering him unconscious. In the movie, I bet Sue saves him, or they pull out the Fantasticar.

Ben42
31st December 2006, 02:32
Well shoot, if depriving him of oxygen works then shouldn't zero pressure make him explode?

Demented
31st December 2006, 02:47
Not necessarily.
As it turns out, you'd just suffer a seriously bad case of the bends.

Ging
31st December 2006, 02:50
and of course, everyone seems to be ignoring this simple and obvious fact - superheroes don't obey the same physical laws as the rest of us...

Zabiela
31st December 2006, 03:26
Hax, clearly.

Ben42
31st December 2006, 03:31
and of course, everyone seems to be ignoring this simple and obvious fact - superheroes don't obey the same physical laws as the rest of us...

I know that, but it seemed that if choking his fire by taking away oxygen worked, rapid depressurization should too.

Isolation
1st May 2007, 07:13
New hella badass trailer. Be warned: It is Quicktime. Go YouTube for a alternate version...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/trailer-large.html

So, what makes it hella badass? Silver Surfer giving Doom a nice smack with the Power Cosmic. Also, Surfer speaks. I was doubting Laurence "Cowboy Curtis" Fishburne, but he actually sounds okay as the Silver One. I was not a fan of the first FF movie, but this one has some promise.