PDA

View Full Version : transparent phys object

tidjey
27th December 2006, 21:39
Hi, I have a suggestion.
Like sourceforts
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k8PSHhZxjU&mode=related&search=)
When the hidden take object, that will be good, if the phys_prop become transparent, for a better visibility.
What do you think ??

Zabiela
27th December 2006, 21:45
When you pick up a book, does it go transparent in real life?

The fact it blocks your view gives physkilling an interesting edge.

Having it go transparent would be unrealistic, and would make physkills easier than they should be.

Demented
27th December 2006, 21:51
When you inject tons of experimental drugs in a guy, does he go invisible?

I don't see how it'd make a big difference. All the best physkills aren't even made looking through the object, and it could make moving around and pinning bodies a little easier.

Zabiela
27th December 2006, 21:52
When you inject tons of experimental drugs in a guy, does he go invisible?

If the drugs are good enough!

hutch
27th December 2006, 21:59
If the drugs are good enough!
Of course you would be the one to say that....
:p

Isolation
27th December 2006, 22:14
Making objects invisible removes a tactic anyway. How many of us just LOVE to pick things up and stand behind a corner, laughing, while someone spends their entire magazine shooting the object?

Demented
27th December 2006, 22:21
Not invisible. Just translucent to the Hidden, for his convenience.
It would still look solid to the IRIS.

Edit:
Damn translucent vs. transparent distinction.

Zabiela
27th December 2006, 22:28
Hi, I have a suggestion.
Like sourceforts
When the hidden take object, that will be good, if the phys_prop become transparent, for a better visibility.
What do you think ??

+1

maybe now ging wont want to work on this...

Isolation
27th December 2006, 22:35
Not invisible. Just translucent to the Hidden, for his convenience.
It would still look solid to the IRIS.

Edit:
Damn translucent vs. transparent distinction.

Ah, okay. Misread the whole thing. Either way, I'm personally not a fan of models going transparent on pickup. I'd have to assume there's a reason the devs never did it in the first place...

Demented
27th December 2006, 23:21
"Extra work" =P

Zabiela
27th December 2006, 23:58
"Extra work" =P

Ooooooosnap

utmost respect to the devs.

Ging
28th December 2006, 01:32
It's not something we ever deemed necessary.

Cheesey
28th December 2006, 09:02
Hi, I have a suggestion.
Like sourceforts
What do you think ??

In Source:Forts is useful to place the props the way you want it, you have to build kinda castle...yes, a fort ;)

But in H:S you don't build them, you dont have to position it that exactly, and you have the aura - even though you can't use it while moving...

And to come back to the book-example... 617 is a genetic experiment who can see ppls aura when concentrating. Why should he be able to fade the props out that easily?

The advantage would be nice, but I think it's just unnecessary...

Demented
28th December 2006, 09:09
Hmm... new idea!
Perhaps all physics objects and dynamic brush models should go transparent when the Hidden uses his vision. Not for any particular reason but the effect. Yup, "extra work" for no reason. I love my ideas.

Felf
28th December 2006, 15:04
Gabriella

lol, just reading through the first page, wondered if anyone else noticed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out hutch's quote ;)

(no, I don't have anything *useful* to contribute to this thread)

hutch
28th December 2006, 15:10
loll, just reading through the first page, wondered if anyone else noticed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out hutch's quote ;)

(no, I don't have anything *useful* to contribute to this thread)
What the hell are you talking about?

tidjey
28th December 2006, 15:30

The fact it blocks your view gives physkilling an interesting edge.

Having it go transparent would be unrealistic, and would make physkills easier than they should be.

The Hidden has blind eyes, but he can see. I think is stupid that his blinded view is blocked by a barrels which he can't see (but smell it)

and would make physkills easier than they should be.
sorry but speech of pro-gamer. Let's give a chance to the beginner to have fun with physkill too.

edit°
28th December 2006, 16:52
If its made any easier it really won't be worth doing anymore. The reason its so fun is because its a challenge for people who've been playing for more than a month.

Nuka5
28th December 2006, 21:25
it's meant to be a fun bonus kill, plus, it wouldn't seem very real to be able to see through objects, removing emersion.

Zabiela
28th December 2006, 22:06
sorry but speech of pro-gamer. Let's give a chance to the beginner to have fun with physkill too.

Might as well make the hidden visible, so the beginners can kill him.

It would also make using a barrel as a shield pretty easy. I like the challenge of it now, you have to use aura at the right times and predict where the iris is moving and move the barrel accordingly. Go try, its fun.

tidjey
28th December 2006, 22:43
I try and I die and that's not funny.
So I continue to use only slash. Too bad for the Iris.

Cheesey
28th December 2006, 23:32
You will learn it if you want to! Don't give yourself up to soon ;)

I also wouldn't like to change it, it's best as it is...

The Hidden has blind eyes, but he can see. I think is stupid that his blinded view is blocked by a barrels which he can't see (but smell it)

If the hidden can't "see" like we do and just smell, how can he smell the light? I mean, just play on hdn_suburb and you'll also see that you don't see anything as hidden when you are in a pitchblack room! ;)

Zabiela
29th December 2006, 00:02
I try and I die and that's not funny.
So I continue to use only slash. Too bad for the Iris.

OOOOO YOU DIED!!! Big deal! Its a part of the game.

I dunno, I dont play to stay alive and pwn everyone every round by using whatever means necessary, I play to scare people, and have fun. Apparently many people dont understand that.

Sil
29th December 2006, 00:07
I dunno, I dont play to stay alive and pwn everyone every round by using whatever means necessary, I play to scare people, and have fun. Apparently many people dont understand that.
Point.
Playing purely for your own pleasure is like jerking off on your sleeping girlfriend.

Cheesey
29th December 2006, 07:33
OOOOO YOU DIED!!! Big deal! Its a part of the game.

Actually to play the way you pwn everyone isn't very fun at all, neither for 617 nor for the IRIS... in my opinion! Yeah, your stats might look awesome, but actually I don't really care about my kill/death ratio. I'm just looking forward to raise the number of physic-kills ;)

Playing purely for your own pleasure is like jerking off on your sleeping girlfriend.

LOL! That's no pleasure either! I mean, there must be something wrong if you have a girlfriend, IN YOUR BED, and you have to wank on her while she's sleeping only to come while she's in the same room :p

Daedalus
29th December 2006, 07:35
Turning an object transparent for the hidden when he picks it up would only help you see where you're going. Almost all of the physkills that I have done were with the IRIS not in my FOV. ;)

tidjey
29th December 2006, 08:13
Arf, you don't understand me. Zabiela. I speak too bad english

A lot of games have this feature, but Ging, like the community, isn't interested, so forget it.

Mayhem
29th December 2006, 11:29
I haven't found your english bad. If throwing objects would be made easier it would ruin the fun and challenge of beeing the hidden.
To beat a team of eight IRIS is too easy using only slash.

Using physkills makes it more fun for the IRIS + it will come easier eventually.

Sil, hahaha. :p Second!