PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

ScArY_
27th December 2006, 08:12
Hello, first of all before i start i wanted to say that the game just rox !
My suggestion probably are already on the table and being considered.

1st of all i wanted to ask if in the further future more hidden enemies will be able to play instead of 1.

2nd of all i would suggest to kinda fix the Radio Team Message because its a bit complicated than the rest of the games which include radio messages. Some of the other stuff i came up are if it would be possible to supply more abilities to the hidden and even more on the extinguish team. For E.g an invisible ability for several seconds would be great for the hidden and just to be fair provide some thermo-googles to the Team. Thats all of the stuff i can think about. If i come up with an awesome idea i would definetely post. As i said before probably much stuff of my speech are already said, i had nothing to lose by reposting :D. Hope to get an answer and confute views

Boxy
27th December 2006, 08:47
Hey, glad you like the mod and welcome to the community, they can bite so be careful what you post. If you want more Hidden versus the IRIS play the now defunct OVR gamemode. Its staying in as far as I know but we aren't actively supporting it anymore, its just not that fun for very long.

The radio system is complicated? Hmm, I always felt holding down one button and mouse pressing just one of the options was as simple as it gets. It even works the 'old CSS' way with a few key binds and alias I believe (I'm not sure, I like the BF2 way). More abilities for the Hidden, not sure he requires anymore to be fair but we shall see what discussion comes of it. Any changes made to either side needs balancing out on the other.

Did he just say thermo-goggles?! Hold the fan boys back lads...

Kira Yamato
27th December 2006, 08:53
If your asking about other projects, only 617 is the playable project because he is the only project ever mentioned. As well as the game is named for him. If your taking about having more then 1 hidden on a team, Overrun already does that. The radio messages are fairly easy to acess and can even be bound to your number keys if you like. The Hidden has enough abilities with which to fairly kill off all the IRIS team, wail they can still kill him. Lastly, there will never ever be thermal, or Infrared goggles, ever, because that would be unfair to the hidden. As well the hidden bends light around his body, and heat vision relies on infrared an ultraviolet light, so he could bend that too, and you'd never see him anyways.

Isolation
27th December 2006, 08:59
More abilities for the Hidden, not sure he requires anymore to be fair but we shall see what discussion comes of it.

Shove (or, "punt" if that's the real name) was recently added. Outside of that, I can't think of any abilities that could be added that would not just be superfluous.

Gusdor
27th December 2006, 10:54
The radio system is complicated? Hmm, I always felt holding down one button and mouse pressing just one of the options was as simple as it gets. It even works the 'old CSS' way with a few key binds and alias I believe (I'm not sure, I like the BF2 way). More abilities for the Hidden, not sure he requires anymore to be fair but we shall see what discussion comes of it. Any changes made to either side needs balancing out on the other.

Did he just say thermo-goggles?! Hold the fan boys back lads...
Battlefield 2 worked because of the context sensitivty. The coma-rose layout was good because it kept attention on the middle of the screen when you are perhaps trying to paint a tank for your teamates that is quite far away - or worse, a plane.

Cheesey
27th December 2006, 11:27
@ScArY_
Let me be the first one to tell you: before you post anything more, please read the stickies in each and every category! ;)

And please don't take such a name like "Suggestions", "What about a..." or something like that if its possible ;)

And for the voice-keys. In my signature is a link to bind them to keys and if you look for Paegus, he also made bindings, you can find it in his signature ;)

You'll also find other interesting things in the signatures... ;)

When you play some rounds ovr-maps you'll see that 1 Hidden is enough ;) :D

starstriker1
27th December 2006, 20:18
Battlefield 2 worked because of the context sensitivty. The coma-rose layout was good because it kept attention on the middle of the screen when you are perhaps trying to paint a tank for your teamates that is quite far away - or worse, a plane.

The simplest improvement to the voice binds would be to shuffle around the layout a bit. Make it easier to click the buttons, and put the most commonly useful command (hidden spotted) right in the center for fast use.

It'd also be nice to have the BF2 method of selecting each option, where the last recorded movement of the mouse determines the option selected, instead of a pointer.

VoiceOfDecember
28th December 2006, 02:51
just to be fair provide some thermo-googles to the Team.

Honestly I think that Thermo-goggles would ruin it all. But I wouldn't mind having a random set of thermo-goggles just lying around (spawned in random places in the level) that has like 6 seconds of battery left in it and when you put em on you slap ur gun on ur back and hold the goggles up on ur face with one hand and punch/judo chop with the other. I think that would be the funniest thing to play on a lan :P But i know its not gonna be put in because it's just dumb but I could have allot fun with it ^^

starstriker1
28th December 2006, 07:01
Goddamnit, people, the stickies are there so that people will avoid going into topics like thermal goggles. The topics have been beaten, maimed, tossed off a bridge, and buried.

Several hundred times.

Gusdor
28th December 2006, 10:43
Thermal goggles are AWESOME - How else do you keep your eyes warm!?

The simplest improvement to the voice binds would be to shuffle around the layout a bit. Make it easier to click the buttons, and put the most commonly useful command (hidden spotted) right in the center for fast use.

It'd also be nice to have the BF2 method of selecting each option, where the last recorded movement of the mouse determines the option selected, instead of a pointer.
Yeh, I was really used to gesture on my browser whne i picked it up and it hardly took any getting used to

Cheesey
28th December 2006, 11:40

*still-rofling*! :D Just imagine the IRIS with fleeshy, soft and colored "thermal-goggles".... :D

I still like the way you can use the taunts. If you don't like to point-click with your mouse, bind it to keys! That's the shortes way! (Just follow the link in Paegus or my signature ;) 2 different ways....)

Euphoria
28th December 2006, 17:29

Best thing I've heard all day:D .

I'd only want thermal goggles in if they were-

1. Hidden like Jimeh and only accessible by the Hidden.
2.Couldn't be used by Iris.
3.Could only be used by Hidden for phys kills, and to be a bit more of a unique object by being ridiculously heavy e.g- heavier than a barrel, but also the same size as Jimmeh. That way as a phys object they would hard to kill with because of their size, but if if it connects will gib a player if swung or thrown and pounced.