PDA

View Full Version : first wii made thread?

Cyborg
22nd December 2006, 19:10
yep its true... this post was made entirely from my wii.

why do you care? its just to let people know that the trial browser works great.

discuss...;)

Zabiela
22nd December 2006, 19:21
So tell me. Are there mouse gestures, or should i saw wiimostures. Cause thats the thing I like most about PC opera. Also, is the on screen keyboard easy to use?

mouse gestures: ex hold right click, move mouse to the left, release and you will go "back", do the same to the right you go "forward". The same, down, will open a new tab. Right click + up and down makes you reload the page. etc....

Cyborg
22nd December 2006, 20:32
never tried any of that..... so i dunno. i gotta go to work but i will try it later.

Demented
22nd December 2006, 20:35
So begins the dark ages.

starstriker1
22nd December 2006, 20:43
I considered making posts with that, then gave up when it appeared that cookies weren't being saved.

Cheesey
22nd December 2006, 20:50
So tell me. Are there mouse gestures, or should i saw wiimostures. Cause thats the thing I like most about PC opera. Also, is the on screen keyboard easy to use?

mouse gestures: ex hold right click, move mouse to the left, release and you will go "back", do the same to the right you go "forward". The same, down, will open a new tab. Right click + up and down makes you reload the page. etc....

Mousegestures & Opera FTW! They are so damn useful! :D I also often try to use them when I use the Windows Explorer or another browser!

But gestures on the Wii would be nice too! :) Can imagine, that there would be even more possibilities cause you can move the controler 3D...

Isolation
22nd December 2006, 20:54
Minority Report anyone?

I wonder how many more generations before that will be the norm...

Kira Yamato
23rd December 2006, 04:10

It's much easier to have a back button on your mouse....

Zabiela
23rd December 2006, 04:11

No its not.

Then you have extra plastic pieces in your mouse, resulting in a heavier mouse. And yes I have a .000 gram scale and I weigh every mouse I buy, and yes i strip the insides of my mouse to do weight reduction. Proper mouse maintenance is key to good forum browsing, dont you guys know this. cmon its common sense.

Kira Yamato
23rd December 2006, 04:14
No its not.
Hmm...
Mouse gesture: Right Click, hold, then drag letf. 3 tasks.
Built in Mouse Back Button: Click. Done in one task.
Conclusion: Back buttons are easier.

Zabiela
23rd December 2006, 04:21
Hmm...
Mouse gesture: Right Click, hold, then drag letf. 3 tasks.
Built in Mouse Back Button: Click. Done in one task.
Conclusion: Back buttons are easier.

BUT ZOMG THE EXTRA WEIGHT!!!!

Kira Yamato
23rd December 2006, 04:25
BUT ZOMG THE EXTRA WEIGHT!!!!

If you notice that little weight, you need to get out more.

Zabiela
23rd December 2006, 04:31
If you notice that little weight, you need to get out more.

Lol, im joking.

I do have back and forward buttons, but the gestures end up faster. The recognition of the movement is super flexible. I can do a tiny movement and itll pick it up. Plus im not limited to 2 functions, i can do a dozen.

Demented
23rd December 2006, 04:37
Handy thing about Opera that makes back buttons obsolete: If you hold the RMB and press the LMB, it functions as a back button. You can do the opposite to go forward. That way, you can rebind your back and forward buttons to something more useful!

Zabiela
23rd December 2006, 05:02
Handy thing about Opera that makes back buttons obsolete: If you hold the RMB and press the LMB, it functions as a back button. You can do the opposite to go forward. That way, you can rebind your back and forward buttons to something more useful!

Aztually i realize i use that more than the movement one.

Cheesey
23rd December 2006, 09:33
There should be more browsers and explorer which use mouse gestures. I think you can download an add-in for FF2....

But there are far more gestures than just back and forward... load, reload, open new tab, close tab, load in new tab,...

And the keyboard shortcuts are also really nice to use. SHIFT+Arrows and youll jump between links,...

Felf
23rd December 2006, 14:43
pah, worrying about extra weight on your mouse... Laptop fingurepads for the win (rockin').

As far as the Wii goes, can't you get a plugin keyboard for internet browsing? I would HATE to have to use an onscreen keyboard... Oh well; I'd never really use a console for online browsing anyways; I love my laptop.

ZOMIGODS, just realised: I could be playing Zelda, playing hidden AND posting on the hidden forums ALL AT ONCE. All from me chair! Man, i NEED to get a wii. And a TV with my computer. And hidden needs to be ported to the wii. Zomigods, Hidden via gestures ^^ *faints*

Gusdor
23rd December 2006, 17:12
Gotta find some way to disagree havn't you.

ZOMG Big robots have back buttons!

The point is that a gesture maybe:
Click
Drag Back
Release

And a button may be:
Click
Release

However, the whole point is that you can operate your browser using a single button. On my mouse I have back and forward button but I use the gestures more as its more accesible for me.