PDA

View Full Version : Having no name

Zabiela
21st December 2006, 23:32
Recently someone showed me how they could make their name blank. No spaces or characters, didnt explain how they did it though.
The bad part was it rendered them invulnerable to admin commands, which could be easily exploitable to greif other players.

The reason im making this post is because i see it happening. If you check hidden stats, the #4 tker has no name, its blank, thus theres no link to that profile. Its really wierd.
Anyone know anything more?

Knigh7s
21st December 2006, 23:41
I've noticed that happening on [Knigh7s] when i check the stats. I've heard of this for CS 1.6 back in the day. But currently I havnt found anything to fix this serverside.

Scuzzy
22nd December 2006, 04:35
I believe the mani menus still see them, and I know you can kick by steam-id.... sucks to have to get a status, but it'll work. Send me the log and I'll pull the escape character out of it...

Scuzzy

magic
22nd December 2006, 06:03
easy to do he has a name it's just you don't realize it, his name looks like " " or " " or any n-amount of spaces [but they're not spaces, just white spaces]

chilly
22nd December 2006, 13:22
If you look at the source for that stats page, you'll see his STEAM_ID there. I have actually tried to implement a check to print the steamid if the name isnt visible characters, I tried a couple of things that didnt work and I'm about to do it properly.

For the ingame bit, you could try submitting a patch for BAT (or whatever you use) to fix the bug and do similar to wha tim doing with stats.