PDA

View Full Version : To perm ban or not to perm ban

Knigh7s
19th December 2006, 01:07
[Knigh7s] Server

Had a guy on the server last night (magic (http://gamer.lobbynetworks.net/index.php?topic=13.msg29;topicseen)) temp banned because of that excessively fast bunny hopping, Mav3rick was on the server at the time also, but I was mostly afk before I noticed this happening.

Now following the other thread about bunny hopping, I’ve come to the conclusion that it is border lining an exploit of the game, because it was not intended to be used in the way it was used last night.

No demo, because for some reason, my comp was locking up on me all night.

Now as an admin, would you perm ban or temp ban for this kind of incident?

This is his signature link on my forum (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7739423282147489373&q=just+be+magic) for those that are interested?!

Kira Yamato
19th December 2006, 01:21
That is some serious abuse of the source engine physics.

Dead Inside
19th December 2006, 01:26
I don't think we've banned anyone over this yet. The only times i've witnessed it being pulled of well enough to be a problem a warning and a reminder that the admins are to be respected has worked. However since you've temp banned him once and thus made your rules perfectly clear, theres no excuse if you catch him again. I'm pretty sure his name has cropped up before, so it would seem its what he does alot of the time though.

When its done well (regardless of how its done) then its something that we would definately be looking to stop on our hidden servers. If a permanant ban seems like the only option then we wouldn't give it a second thought.

Zabiela
19th December 2006, 01:39
Dont ask me, ill tell you to ban everyone who presses the spacebar more than once :P

Im just kidding. But I was mad when I discovered magic, was even madder when cash started doing it.

It can be taken to the point where a lap around stalkyard can be done in about 3 or 4 seconds.

Angel, I dont approve of it, and wont really... ever. But you set the rules, ill enforce them.
Magic is an asshole of a person too. I joined a server where he was playing some ging 1v1. When I spawned, he proceeded to pigstick me as soon as possible, then wrote in the chat "now we play the waiting game", and totally messed around for the whole 5 minute round. Next round, same thing, so i left. total asshat.

Zabiela
19th December 2006, 02:02
I'd also like to bring to attention the fact that it can be used by the hidden to cover large distances quickly with minimal stamina usage. The game was made so that to cover that distance with pouncing, requires a healthy stamina bar.
Basically, you pounce, then bunnyhop once you hit the gound, every hop, if done right, will take you the distance of a pounce, without draining stamina.

This makes, so that, in cases where the hidden has used up his stamina, and normally should get stuck like a nub, the player can use his last pounce to get out of the area, making a hidden that seems to never be where he should.

edit: just noticed his posts in your forum. Ok... he gets banned for tking back tkers, then acts surprised he got banned in the first place- he didnt even ASK you to unban him, he just expected it.

Knigh7s
19th December 2006, 02:11
ya, from my understanding after looking at the log files. at round start the iris was already down to 20 hp and magic was already in the spawn site. when I got a chance to join, that is exactly what had happened, round started and magic was already picking at the iris.

Mainly I temp banned him, because it was a disruption from game play, which is in the server rules.

Isolation
19th December 2006, 02:21
I believe I was in the server last night when he joined. He first joined as "lololol" and changed to Magic. I had been playing as "Abandon", but not for very long. Not only is Magic a well known exploiter, but when playing with him last night, I saw more than a fair share of questionable activities, most notably the fact he shot me out of the air in mid-pounce (and I'm probably not the only one). I quit soon after for obvious reasons.

magic
19th December 2006, 04:55
id say keep him, mainly because he helped you with your server and he, unlike cash, bhops legitly, whereas cash uses a bhop script

-lololol

Knigh7s
19th December 2006, 04:59
flying chimp - STEAM_0:0:665952
first infraction 60min temp ban for bunnyhopping exploit.

HobosRust - STEAM_0:0:88809 aka MAGIC
second infraction temp ban for bunnyhopping exploit.
[EDIT] 3rd one will be a perm ban

Both in my eyes where banned for BH in front of me, and for disrupting the game play.

[EDIT] moments after Magic was banned i get this admin application (http://gamer.lobbynetworks.net/index.php?topic=17.msg35;topicseen#new)!

No demo's I clearly recorded them, but for some reason they dont save, even if i "stop" demo?!?!

Knigh7s
19th December 2006, 05:00
Magic, i do appreciate the help with the server, but it doesn't constitute disrupting the server. whether it is legit or with 3rd party programs, bunny hopping around the entire map in </= 5 seconds doesnt seem like fair gameplay to me, nor alot of other admin/players.

Zabiela
19th December 2006, 05:01
id say keep him, mainly because he helped you with your server and he, unlike cash, bhops legitly, whereas cash uses a bhop script

-lololol

lololol

magic
19th December 2006, 05:05
Magic, i do appreciate the help with the server, but it doesn't constitute disrupting the server. whether it is legit or with 3rd party programs, bunny hopping around the entire map in </= 5 seconds doesnt seem like fair gameplay to me, no alot of other admin/players.
y'know t'were it not for me there'd be no one in the server to play with.

not to mention i read, re-read, and re-re-read your rules and clearly no rules concerning bhops, but the gameplay one, the fact that i seemed to appear in your spawn was based on the fact that sometimes players in your server lag out until 4:40, which, 20 seconds, is a HUGE Amount of time for a hidden to get into spawn

Zabiela
19th December 2006, 05:10
Angel, can I pay this month's server fee and get free tk rights? pretty please?

Knigh7s
19th December 2006, 05:12
server rules are beeing updated at this time, this past few days, ive seen alot of Bunny Hoppers on my server, hense this thread!?

magic
19th December 2006, 05:13
server rules are beeing updated at this time, this past few days, ive seen alot of Bunny Hoppers on my server, hense this thread!?
k so does this mean i get a second chance, as the first time you banned me you never made notice of bhopping

Knigh7s
19th December 2006, 05:13
Why Certainly Zabiela! haha :eek:

Angel, can I pay this month's server fee and get free tk rights? pretty please?

Knigh7s
19th December 2006, 05:16
I'll consider it since i dont have the rules page updated at the time. but i think i'll leave that for the players to help decide

k so does this mean i get a second chance, as the first time you banned me you never made notice of bhopping

Zabiela
19th December 2006, 05:16
Im always down for second chances.

magic
19th December 2006, 05:22
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4519/hdndocks0005wf4.th.jpg (http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdndocks0005wf4.jpg)

Zabiela
19th December 2006, 05:24
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4519/hdndocks0005wf4.th.jpg (http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdndocks0005wf4.jpg)

Do you think its more mysterious if you dont write anything, or are you just that lazy?

What is it?

magic
19th December 2006, 05:27
Do you think its more mysterious if you dont write anything, or are you just that lazy?

What is it?
its what my game looks like.

Kira Yamato
19th December 2006, 05:32
Haha, pwned by the game. Serves you right for exploiting.

Knigh7s maybe you should adopt the [YIS] rule, where if you exploit you get a 30 day ban. No excuses, no warnings, and definitely no exceptions.

magic
19th December 2006, 05:52
knigh7's is the only server worthwhile to play in, without this server there is no hidden: source, don't remove this from me D:

Zabiela
19th December 2006, 06:17
knigh7's is the only server worthwhile to play in

How did that happen?

Cheesey
19th December 2006, 08:40

Hm exactly the same appeared once I joined a server. I just restarted my pc and steam, then it worked. :confused:

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showpost.php?p=98656&postcount=29

I don't know another solution... :(

Scuzzy
20th December 2006, 03:21
knigh7's is the only server worthwhile to play in, without this server there is no hidden: source, don't remove this from me D:

There's a reason for that:

server logs']October 13, 2006 7:17 pm Server #3, lololol - STEAM_0:0:88809 Banned permanently. Reason: Speed hacks on the Hidden server, demos made.

I know bhopping and I remember you... Just wish I still had the demo... You flew through the map without hopping at all. I've never seen an IRIS move that fast, bhopping or otherwise.

Scuzzy

Zabiela
20th December 2006, 03:26
Scuzzy']Just wish I still had the demo...

I have a couple of some 4 second stalkyard laps.

mastershake
21st December 2006, 09:34
magics on my cal m css team :] and bhopping is ALLOWED in css and even on lan when its for MONEY....people mostly get mad because they cant do it lol

Knigh7s
21st December 2006, 09:56
The point here is not for CS:S.

CS:S and Hidden are two totally different games. I care less if someone is hopping around on CS:S, you can see them, and you have a larger choice of weapons. Hidden doesn't. Once again, if they wanted BH to be part of this game, they wouldn't have a stamina limit for the hidden.

And I'm not trying to be a harda$$ admin, its just that I have the server setup for new Hidden players to be able to have fun, hense the limited pigstick and the likes. Some one hopping around at 50mph around the map and on top of that transparent... I honestly think it would not be fair game play. Other admins might not mind, but I do.

Lastly I know of alot of CS:S servers that ban for BH.

Scuzzy
21st December 2006, 13:21
magics on my cal m css team :] and bhopping is ALLOWED in css and even on lan when its for MONEY....people mostly get mad because they cant do it lol

I think your right here, he should definately stick to playing CSS and not Hidden.

Scuzzy

Mounce
21st December 2006, 14:26
Ugh, Bunny hoppers, I've only seen a guy named Ca$h do it, its quite bothersome, but i found out his weakness (to kill him while hes hidden), You crouch! that usually crippled most hidden's easily

mastershake
21st December 2006, 19:17
Scuzzy']I think your right here, he should definately stick to playing CSS and not Hidden.

Scuzzy
why because youre bad at hidden and dont want anybody kicking you ass?

Zabiela
21st December 2006, 19:32
Ugh, Bunny hoppers, I've only seen a guy named Ca$h do it, its quite bothersome, but i found out his weakness (to kill him while hes hidden), You crouch! that usually crippled most hidden's easily

And guess who taught cash how to do that. Magic.

mastershake
21st December 2006, 19:47
lol its not hard to bunny hop... you have to be mentally retarded if you cant manage to even do it a little

Zabiela
21st December 2006, 19:50
lol its not hard to bunny hop... you have to be mentally retarded if you cant manage to even do it a little

Woo, hear that, were retards.

dur dur *tries to eat ear*

Why the hell are you even in this thread?
Its starting to sound like every person in your CSS clan is an asshat.

mastershake
21st December 2006, 19:53
i take it you bought steam just for hidden? btw it is pathetically easy to bhop..i guess everybody here started playing games when hl2 came out

Zabiela
21st December 2006, 19:56
i take it you bought steam just for hidden? btw it is pathetically easy to bhop..i guess everybody here started playing games when hl2 came out

I can only lol.

Mounce
21st December 2006, 19:57
if that guy HERE is the same I found playing around, mastershake....

I can confirm HE is a dumbass, I'm not being mean, or anything, HE IS...

playing hidden yesterday and doing fine, then all of a sudden he and a guy named 'man' started calling me a cheater, i guess because i was killing them a lot, he TK'd a few people, same with 'man', was quite annoying but after 30 minute they left....

Gaming today is filled with too many kids, immature overgrown loud-mouthed nerds, assholes, and fanboys.....where did it all come from? few years ago it was NEVER this annoying....

Zabiela
21st December 2006, 20:00
Gaming today is filled with too many kids, immature overgrown loud-mouthed nerds, assholes, and fanboys.....where did it all come from? few years ago it was NEVER this annoying....

I hate these people who refuse to play the game the way it was intended. When HS is played right, the immersion is fucking awesome. But no, these people gotta find every little thing they can exploit to give them an advantage.

edit: BTW i was just watching my demo of magic last night. Its pretty obvious, the use of directional pounce scripts, and the bunnyhopping as hidden. The reason hes so good is his practice bunnyhopping helps him use it as hidden very effeciently. Unfortunately, he has no idea what it feels like to play against him, and he doesnt really try to make it hard on himself at ALL. He never used phys, used all of his nades every round, and usually pigstuck the last guy.
The reason magic plays HS, is to obtain a huge score in the server, to make his e-penis feel bigger, at the time and expense of the others in the server.

edit2: ill put up the demo if requested.

Scuzzy
21st December 2006, 20:31
why because youre bad at hidden and dont want anybody kicking you ass?

No, I'm actually quite good at Hidden, but thank you. However that isn't why I agreed with you. If the players of CS have decided that it's more fun and much more realistic to play while hopping around like cute fuzzy bunnies then that's where he belongs.

I prefer an IRIS team that communicates via voice and walks through and tracks the Hidden as a team, rather then sit and camp. I prefer a hidden that tries to outsmart the IRIS then use the physics of the game outside how they were intended to "get a win". It's a matter of mature gaming, some people understand it, some don't.

Scuzzy

Mounce
21st December 2006, 21:08
scuzzy, you really think that message will get to their head? i've tried countless times, they are what you say 'Thick skulled' and then 'Denial' is afterwards to back themselves up ;\

-SM-SUCKER
21st December 2006, 21:56
Perm banning those "I play to win"-guys is allowed on Smokeys

Cheesey
21st December 2006, 23:28
Perm banning those "I play to win"-guys is allowed on Smokeys

Really? Very nice! :)

Knigh7s
21st December 2006, 23:31
Scuzzy']No, I'm actually quite good at Hidden, but thank you. However that isn't why I agreed with you. If the players of CS have decided that it's more fun and much more realistic to play while hopping around like cute fuzzy bunnies then that's where he belongs.

I prefer an IRIS team that communicates via voice and walks through and tracks the Hidden as a team, rather then sit and camp. I prefer a hidden that tries to outsmart the IRIS then use the physics of the game outside how they were intended to "get a win". It's a matter of mature gaming, some people understand it, some don't.

Scuzzy

I'd have to say im 110% with you on that. thats the way the game was inteneded to be played, hense the radio commands and all.

Knigh7s
21st December 2006, 23:37
Anyways, back to the topic!

This thread was intended for other server admins to reply, not everyone else (not trying to be mean). right now i care less of what everyone else thinks, except for the server admins judgement on this situation.

I'd also like to ask the moderators to LOCK this thread already before it get to be a full out flame/hate war.

The server rules are updated for my server ( if you dont like the rules, find another server to play on, easy as that ). regardless, 3 temp bans and your out. final! and the probability of you being unbanned after the 3 strikes, is pretty damn close to null... nuff said