PDA

View Full Version : New object flag

Felf
18th December 2006, 20:22
Well, i say "new", but it might well already exist actually... :o I was playing t'other day with a mate, and it struck me that it would be very cool if certain objects could be stuck up to walls in a similar way to bodies. Obviously this wouldn't mean things like barrels etc, but maybe... softer things that you can pick up... like um... *blushes* teddy bears? :p I just thought it'd be a useful feature (and hopefully not too hard to implement) if mappers could set objects to be "pinnable". All in favour, say I

Alt
18th December 2006, 20:36
I would say I if I knew why it would be useful :o

Felf
18th December 2006, 20:38
I would say I if I knew why it would be useful :o
You could set teh JIMMEH to have a "pinnable" tag ;) That was the main reason I thought of it... but also, I'm sure there's loads of other objects in various maps that at second glance you might like to be able to pin some other useful stuff. It was just a thought really - and I wanna pin the hidden up someplace dammit!

Alt
18th December 2006, 20:50
This reminds me of GOOGLEORZ (or whatever it was). Totally awesome, but totally useless/pointless... I think this mod is beyond that now.

Isolation
18th December 2006, 20:54
Dunno... the idea of pinning phys objects has many "applications", especially in the "trap building"/"blocking area access" varieties.

Cheesey
19th December 2006, 08:00
Dunno... the idea of pinning phys objects has many "applications", especially in the "trap building"/"blocking area access" varieties.

I think that's the main reason why it shouldnt be implemented! Cause 617 could trap one or some IRIS, nade them or just let the time pass - although that would be HIS end, cause if he couldnt eliminate the IRIS 617 changes...

But I know there are many dumb asses out there who would have fun to trap the IRIS, wait those 5 minutes... leave the server or something else.. :(

Isolation
19th December 2006, 08:07
*Shrug* No different than people who actually sit around all map. I think a majority of players would use this ability "right". Just make more props destructible and it'd solve the "set up camp and wait" issue.

Cheesey
19th December 2006, 12:48
*Shrug* No different than people who actually sit around all map. I think a majority of players would use this ability "right". Just make more props destructible and it'd solve the "set up camp and wait" issue.

You are right. If anyone likes to keep the IRIS waiting he even can do it now.

But why should I pin them anyway? (It's much more fun to throw them :D)

Euphoria
19th December 2006, 16:02
I'd find it funny if you could pin objects onto the iris, like jimmeh:D .

Cheesey
19th December 2006, 16:27
I'd find it funny if you could pin objects onto the iris, like jimmeh:D .

You can pin IRIS together?

Zabiela
19th December 2006, 19:28
(Roses are red, violets are blue, and I hope you die young.)

Wth felf! :confused:

Euphoria
20th December 2006, 09:58
You can pin IRIS together?

It was a suggestion, not a statement of what is currently in the game. if I misunderstood your post, forgive me but I'm not sure I get what you mean.:confused:

Cheesey
20th December 2006, 10:13
No, it just "sounded" (as written words can sound ;) ) for me like you already CAN pin corpses together, but not corpses and props... ;). Lil misunderstanding... ;)

But try to pin a corpse onto a barrel and then you can pin the corpse-barrel onto a wall ;) Maybe it works...

EDIT: Nope, you can't pin corpses onto barrels.... ;)

Felf
20th December 2006, 10:42
Wth felf! :confused:

I wondered if anyone would notice :rolleyes: Nice to know some people /do/ read sigs.