PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Classic|PS:OFF server

Alt
18th December 2006, 14:17
So yeah Smokey servers being a bit of an arse and 'enforcing consistency check(s)' on sound files that clearly exist (http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=files/181206/1166454732/untitled.JPG). The console error messages:

Bad CRC for sound/player/hidden/voice/617-pigstick01.mp3
Bad CRC for sound/player/hidden/voice/617-pigstick02.mp3
Bad CRC for sound/player/hidden/voice/617-pigstick03.mp3
Bad CRC for sound/player/hidden/voice/617-pigstick04.mp3
Server is enforcing consistency for this file:
sound/player/hidden/voice/617-pigstick04.mp3

Host_Error: Server is enforcing file consistency for sound/player/hidden/voice/617-pigstick04.mp3
---

So, come on guys wtf?

EDIT: Yes, I did reinstall.

edit°
18th December 2006, 14:23
Pretty obv you're the first to complain, and I can promise you its nothing we've done deliberately to stop you playing with us ;)

DI the all knowing will more than likely be able to sort it if its on our end.

Alt
18th December 2006, 14:27
What shall I do then?

EDIT: Sure its not you guys? (http://www.forumplanet.com/counterstrike/topic.asp?fid=8447&tid=1982919) Obviously I can join any other server...

Paegus
18th December 2006, 14:50
if you read the message carefully you'd notice that it's not complaining about the file existing or not. it's complaining about the file being different from the copy on the server which means that either you have edited yours, you have a virus that has, for reasons unknown, attacked an .mp3, you have an audio player that has scanned it and changed something or finally that the sound file on the server had been changed.

can you join the other smokey servers specifically?

edit°
18th December 2006, 17:09
I aren't sure what you can do really until DI posts. Your posts are reading as arsey though/ :confused: You had a bad day, am I misreading them or are you being a twat?

Alt
18th December 2006, 19:20
I was trying to pack as much emotion into it as possible. Yes, I was pissed at the time. Refrain from the negative comment or I'll have to bitch about your poor use of grammer :rolleyes:

Boxy
18th December 2006, 19:29
I was trying to pack as much emotion into it as possible. Yes, I was pissed at the time. Refrain from the negative comment or I'll have to bitch about your poor use of grammer :rolleyes:

Steady Alt, although you are a loyal member of the forum the smart man would not go up against Edit, this man is a day one-er and has the ear of the team. I'm not taking sides here, but I wouldn't attack Edit, he's a good guy...

Sidenote: Uber GRAMMAR Police members may notice your spelling isn't the best either...

Alt
18th December 2006, 19:34
Lol ooops, how embarassing. K, I'll shut up now. :p

Zabiela
18th December 2006, 20:08
I aren't sure what you can do really until DI posts. Your posts are reading as arsey though/ :confused: You had a bad day, am I misreading them or are you being a twat?

This guy is just a dick.

:eek:

:D

Dead Inside
18th December 2006, 20:19
None of the 4 public servers have been touched recently so nothing should have changed on them. Plenty of other people have been connecting so i'm not quite sure why you suddenly can't. None of the logged failures are for anything other than Illegal Alias/revert problems.

I've got a test server up and running for testing out the newest srcds build and plugins which, i was hoping, would allow me to sort out all of the CVAR-X related problems with some tweaking. Sadly its looking like i'd have to remove CVAR-X completely. I'm guessing, going by the error log, that functionality relating to the recently removed 'revert' command is built into it so even when its not told to perform any reverts in the config its still looking for something related to it and spazzes out temp banning people when it can't do it.

I'm not particularly keen on running the servers without it as the filecheck and blocking functions were handy and i'd been hoping i'd be able to at least keep those.

The trouble is there are few other people having problems connecting even on the old builds right now, i just need to decide which is going to be best overall for the time being.

Paegus
18th December 2006, 22:39
is sslice not planning an update or is he holding off to see what happens in the long run?

Dead Inside
19th December 2006, 01:15
I don't think he's said anything much on the forum. I'm sure i've read elsewhere on more than one occasion that he won't be updating it, but how reliable that info is i don't know.