PDA

View Full Version : FN303 kills on profile page

Paegus
13th December 2006, 01:04
couldn't find it if this has been posted already but the FN303 kills still doesn't show up on the individual page (http://hidden-stats.co.uk/profile.php?s=STEAM_0:1:907403) and yet there's a top 5 (http://hidden-stats.co.uk) list for it that seems to work.

Cheesey
13th December 2006, 07:47
That's right! I played yesterday with the 303 and killed 617 one or 2 times with it. No record here too :(!

If it helps, I played on the FraGGle Server...

chilly
13th December 2006, 11:56
I know about the bug, but its a lot of work to fix and I havnt got time at the moment. Once iv finished this term at uni il get onto it.

waRp^
13th December 2006, 12:23
the bug where you shoot him with the 303 an change gun and the kill shows yp as a different kill needs fixing too. Probably not a hidden-stats issue but still

chilly
13th December 2006, 12:35
Could you explain that? I'm not sure I quite understand

Paegus
13th December 2006, 14:14
it's a game problem.
1) the game doesn't report what weapon is used for each attack
2) the game reports you killed with whatever gun you're holding when the death occurs.

normally this isn't a problem because the instant you kill with, say the f2000, you're still holding it. however the 303 death is often delayed in which time you could easily have switched to a pistol because you ran out of pellets. then the hidden dies from poison but since you're holding a pistol so that's the weapon reported in the 'X killed Y with Z' line.

chilly
13th December 2006, 14:52
Ah, yes. Another known issue. In theory I can adjust kills to fix that so that it rewards the kill for the gun that does the most proportion of damage, but its an extra 20-30% work per kill instance so will slow stuff down. Not to mention its a lot of work to code. Its on my to do list but not near the top, im afraid,

Paegus
13th December 2006, 15:24
i'd wait for the game side to fix it though. well i assume eventually they'll have 'A attacked V for D with W'...

but it still doesn't explain why you can have a top 5 for it but no personal stat... or is that something else?

chilly
13th December 2006, 16:06
Different slab of code.