PDA

View Full Version : TKers banned today from Smokey's

edit°
10th December 2006, 15:22
I've banned these guys for TKing. I don't have any demos because I generally can't be arsed with them.

-=]NeM[=-SpongeBob STEAM_0:0:11328518
-=]NeM[=- Schnippe Dilles STEAM_0:0:7427140
TAM STEAM_0:0:3998640

chilly
10th December 2006, 16:11
Im happy to ban on your word, demos are for gays!

edit°
10th December 2006, 17:20
Daggerstorm STEAM_0:0:5244861

That dick as well. Christ, you'd think we'd have gotten rid of them all by now.

hutch
10th December 2006, 19:34
Oh ffs. As much as i trust edit, please don't tell me everyones ignoring the genral no proof no ban rule.
Or for that matter expected to.

Isolation
10th December 2006, 21:26
Well, I think that rule more applies to players than admin types...

edit°
11th December 2006, 09:20
All I've said is that I've banned these from smokey's. You can act on it or not, I don't really think after all this time I should need to prove im not waving the banhammer to massage my online ego for people I've never met :p

edit°
11th December 2006, 09:55
STEAM_0:0:12788496 "Ging" apparently.

Kira Yamato
11th December 2006, 10:24
Jeez Edit your busy with your ban stick I see. though I'm not going to question you, I think your judgment as an admin is better then what others could think of you. I know well enough being a server administrator is a pain in the ass when people in insist on being total shit holes. Perm Banning is one of those things you should save for extreme cases, like repeat offenders, and I've found that temp bans usually hammer the message home. The message being, "That kind of crap don't play here."

edit°
11th December 2006, 10:46
Me and DI used to temp ban a lot but he used to see people logging on more or less the same hour their ban was lifted and TKing / TWing again with a different name. Enough times like that and we realised we can't be there 24/7 and its unfair to start asking players to get demos etc of TKers that shouldn't be there in the first place. I've permabanned people before and then played quite happily with them on other servers later on, because though a temp ban might get the message home in some cases - a permanent one really does. I don't publish people banned for revenge TKing and to be honest, the only reason I published these guys is because one was tking from the get go and the others were teamwounding, which makes it a fucker to detect as an admin.

We worked out this foolproof system when we stopped using temp bans though: Permanent ban for TKers and dicks. If they come to the forum and complain, good for them. If they come FROM the forum, they've been around for god knows how long and can prove that they were unfairly banned, then it'll get lifted.

chilly
11th December 2006, 11:24
Oh ffs. As much as i trust edit, please don't tell me everyones ignoring the genral no proof no ban rule.
Or for that matter expected to.

From personal experience in the past, I know I can trust edit to only ban those who deserve it. Anyone can post this way if they want, but no one will listen.

-SM-SUCKER
11th December 2006, 18:32
I remember my first ban on Smokeys. I gave a temp ban, and asked if that was the right thing to do. The answer was no, because those people won't change, therefor a permanent ban is the only right thing to treat teamkillers/wounders. It's usually the best thing you can do for the rest of the server.

edit°
11th December 2006, 19:05
At first you feel harsh, but then you realise only one of us has access to the server logs, that we have more than one server and that we all have real lives and therefore can't be on hidden all the time. Permanent bans ftw.

Scuzzy
12th December 2006, 11:28
These all appear on the [o-t] list and it's autogenerated .cfg file.

Thanks,
Scuzzy

edit°
20th December 2006, 16:21
Steam_0:1:5056152

Zabiela
20th December 2006, 18:46
If someone comes into my server, with the sole intention of tking the entire team, I perm ban with no warning whatsoever. If the way you enjoy spending your free time is by ruining other peoples game, hell no im not giving you a second chance.

Besides that theres insult revenge tking, tk revenge tking, and the guy who just randomly tk's once or twice, intentionally but with no reason. They all get warnings, then temps if continued.

edit°
20th December 2006, 20:02
Being a dick on smokeys (i.e any kind of behaviour intended to just spoil the game for everyone) = permban. No second chance and no warning most of the time.

Scuzzy
21st December 2006, 02:52
Being a dick on smokeys (i.e any kind of behaviour intended to just spoil the game for everyone) = permban. No second chance and no warning most of the time.

I like you.

Scuzzy

edit°
21st December 2006, 14:22
What can I say, its proven to work. And if it aint borked...;)

edit°
24th December 2006, 20:21
# 158 "Ging" STEAM_0:1:10330375 25:52 156 0 active

# 161 "Ludapower" STEAM_0:0:11587420 08:49 141 0 active