PDA

View Full Version : PCGAMER UK/Jolt: Hidden (Random 617)

Dead Inside
9th December 2006, 03:33
Three teamkillers around 3:30-4:15am today (09/12/06)

"KILLa" STEAM_0:0:8136584
"ghostship" STEAM_0:1:7250236
"Frosty" STEAM_0:0:5702012

I'm not sure if i managed to get KILLa on a demo, but ghostship i got plenty of and i think i managed to get Frosty as well.

I'll try and upload the demos later, one definately will need a bit of trimming though and i'm too tired to faff around with that now.

Give the logs and their hiddenstats profiles a check in the meantime, they all racked up quite a few teamkills.

Bodge
9th December 2006, 11:43
Ok i will pass them on to the Head admin, thanks for helping make our server more pleasant.

Dripfed
9th December 2006, 14:14
Aye, good man.

I've perma-banned them on your good faith and the log evidence. Also been tweaking the mani' settings a little to allow more user interaction etc. Hopefully be able to vote-kick/ban now. But, that's often wishful thinking since I log in as admin and have all the tools regardless and can never check if it's working.

Would appreciate a lot of feedback about the server if possible since we plan on keeping it going for a long time. Bodge asked me to upload the game, and it has been the most popular server we run, so I'm prepared to give it a lot of my time.

Have added hdn_psychiatry and hdn_manufactory as voteable options, because I don't know how to (or have probably) an ftp server to direct people to, and hence I don't want them in the map cycle because the long download wait etc, will cause people to leave en-masse.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maptypes/377

Dripfed
13th December 2006, 12:26
Plenty of crashes yesterday night on the watchdog which, can mean only one thing. A STEAM update. Yes indeed, I ran through the updates on Saturday (no need, nothing new), but today....Plenty of new content for hl2mp, DoD:S, CS:S and the platform.

Should hopefully be stable again today.

Kitty_Loaf
13th December 2006, 14:07
There's a problem with vote kicking... I've gotten vote kicked from a server just because I was doing well and they all thought I cheated.

But... WOO! more idiots getting banned

edit°
13th December 2006, 14:27
Aye, votekicking/banning etc, in fact leaving anything up to the randoms, is asking for trouble. My advice, get more admin staff.

Cheesey
13th December 2006, 14:40
There's a problem with vote kicking... I've gotten vote kicked from a server just because I was doing well and they all thought I cheated.

Jealousy bastards! :D It's funny, when you're playing a good round suddenly there are "Cheater!", "Haxxor!" and "Stop cheatin" around.

I remember the last time, when a 617 just pounced behind a corner and waited. I've seen him and shot him - cause he didn't move. "CHEATER; fuckin LAMOR!" :D Just funny, but I've not been votekicked cause of that yet. Just a bunch of bad losers ;)

Dripfed
13th December 2006, 15:39

Okey Dokey. I'll change the default requirements now...The Hidden Community appears to be strong enough to support an 80% vote requirement for kick (default is 60%).

Admin staff, there are sadly not enough PCGAMER Forumites prepared to stick their oar in to help, so I suppose I'll be open to offers for regular players on our servers to have their STEAM ID added to the admin list.

There are quite a few regulars, make yourself known either here or in PM, and I'll check you out on the log and see if you're the right stuff.

Right stuff is simply someone who uses the server a lot, understands and appreciates the game, and is not an asstard! Bodge is known to me so his asstard-ness is overlooked :D ;)

As you know, we use mani'. So if you are offered the role, read up on the admin commands and take no sh*t!

Bodge
13th December 2006, 22:55
You just wait till i get back on battlefield Drip, you are in for a world of hurt.:p

Yeah basic rules is be fairly tolerant and don't do anything unless you are particularly sure. Most issues can resolve themselves, you are providing these people with a service and your primary concern is making the game enjoyable for the most number of people. At the moment i think i am the only admin that plays it regularly enough to keep a decent eye on it and that is only when it doesn't crash. There are a few that pop on from time to time.

Dripfed
13th December 2006, 23:05
and that is only when it doesn't crash.

You leave my server alone you! It's lovely.

Bodge
13th December 2006, 23:27
I meant my laptop ¬_¬

chilly
14th December 2006, 09:49
How stable are you finding Mani?

Dripfed
14th December 2006, 11:34
The server is very stable with mani I sometimes find it choking a little from time to time and a restart sorts that out, doubt that that is due to mani though.

Most downtime recently has been due to me discovering little errors in the setup and having to reboot and play.

Dripfed
14th December 2006, 13:07
Some more updates and name changes of the servers today. Steam update on Tuesday and I can't use 27020 anymore, it keeps being shunted to 27021 despite being told TWICE to stick to 27020 in both the batch file and the server.cfg. Bloody thing :)

So I've shifted our server to 82.133.85.246:26090 and will have to rebuild the audience AGAIN! :mad:

Paegus
14th December 2006, 14:32
any particular reason you want that port?
27020 is afterall the default HLTV port... so if you're running both servers on 1 machine the port might be taken. regardless of whether or not you're actually using HLTV.

Ging
14th December 2006, 15:35

It's a nice increment from the standard port value - I'm quite surprised that they use 27020 as the HLTV port to be honest, it seems silly.

Bodge
14th December 2006, 15:57
It is also slap bang in the middle of the small port range that is open on the uni network :)

Paegus
14th December 2006, 16:52
it hardly matters what port they use for anything. as for nice port number increments, frankly if it's not 27015 then it might as well be 57391 because either way you're still going to have to remember what it is if you don't use a game browser. if you do use one then it wouldn't matter anyway.

Ging
14th December 2006, 18:45
frankly if it's not 27015 then it might as well be 57391 because either way you're still going to have to remember

Right, and which is easier to remember, assuming you know the default is 27015, 57391 or 27020?

I think you'll find it's the one closest to the default.

Dripfed
14th December 2006, 21:24
27020 is afterall the default HLTV port

True. But shifted it to help out the uni' network people...And it never bothered srcds before the dreaded update. I suppose it's Valves way of saying "Hey, d**khead! Stick to the ports we allow you :) "