PDA

View Full Version : Getting started out, I could use some help.

Irish1983
5th December 2006, 22:26
Hi I have tried for over an hour to find a list of possible console commands for The hidden source and an explanation on what they do and what certain values mean. I found a list of HL2 source commands through a link on these forums but it seems to be tailored for css, and is ultimately not helpful. My friend instructed me to get HLSW and I have. I set it all up with him and it shows a list of commands but I have no idea what I need to put in as a value to get the results I want.

Example: hdn_staminadrain -0.095 What does that mean? The rate at which he gains it back or losses it? In what increments is -0.095?

sv_pigstick 1 means that pig stick is on. But I dont see a command to make it limited. Can I make pig stick take stamina?

What is hdn_radio_limit, hdn_survivaltime 15, what command sets hidden to be weighted on damage done or if you kill him? I would like to know how to use these things but I cant find an explanation. Can someone help me please.

Zabiela
5th December 2006, 22:48
Heres what I know:

hdn_staminadrain is how fast the stamina drains when you are sticking to a wall, it doesnt affect stamina in any other case but when clinging. It is a multiplier (i think) meaning 1 is normal .5 is half, 2 is double.

hdn_survival time is for the overrun maps. It decides how much time is given to the last player standing before he is declared the winner.

As for limiting the pistick, you cant do much by default, but a few member have created scripts to limit it. Notably the rage script which turns on the pigstick when the hidden falls under 20 hp, or the Korritke script which give you a limited amount of doable pigsticks based on the number of iris spawning. You can find these by searching. (korritke script and rage script)

For selection, im not sure, but i think its hdn_selectionmethod 1 2 or 0, being classic weighted, and random, get confirmation tho im not sure.

Ging
5th December 2006, 22:50
staminadrain, I would've thought is fairly self evident - it's the rate at which stamina is drained - hence the negative value (yes, you can set it positive in B4, making wall cling silly). It is not a multiplier, but a straight value.

Pigstick is either on or off, there's nothing else to it currently.

hdn_radio_limit controls the time between radio messages, stopping them from being spammed all the time.

hdn_deathwait and hdn_survival both relate to the Overrun game mode and are the respawn time and the time required for an IRIS to survive to win.

hdn_selectmethod controls the selection method - 0 = weighted, 1 = classic, 2 = random - defaults to weighted

Paegus
5th December 2006, 23:53
umm aren't they all described in some detail in the hidden/cfg/server.cfg?

if not then they should be...

Ging
6th December 2006, 00:12
The majority are described in config/settings.scr, but it's slightly out of date

Irish1983
6th December 2006, 00:41
Awesome, very helpful :) . Thank you for the replies. Like I said I have never done this before so "obvious" isnt in my vocab when I look at most of the commands. I would rather find out for sure than mess something up and not achieve the results I desire. I will look at the hidden/cfg/server.cfg, I didnt know to look in there for the info I was seeking. Once again thank you.

Irish1983
7th December 2006, 23:41
Ok I can not find the rage or the korritke script. I have searched these forums and online to no avail :(. Where can I find them?

Zabiela
8th December 2006, 00:02
Ok I can not find the rage or the korritke script. I have searched these forums and online to no avail :(. Where can I find them?

Ok, well for the rage script, PM ThunderDan on these forums and ask if you can have a copy from our servers.

Irish1983
12th December 2006, 19:11
Ok I got the bloodlust script and I followed the diections to get it on the server. But its not working :(. I named the txt file correctly and pasted the script into it correctly. I also made the folder for it correctly and put it in the setrvers script folder. It says then to load it as you would any otehr script? What do i need to do then? here is a link to were ThunderDan lead me. http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewforum.php?f=56

Do I need to add lines to my cfg file for the server? Or should the script just run itself?

Knigh7s
13th December 2006, 03:45
This was an ass to find, but I found it!

Its found in thread: PS and NO PS - happily married (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=6297)
Scroll down to post: #22 (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showpost.php?p=87848&postcount=22)

If you want to see it in action go to my server in my sig.

And these scripts by ThunderDan:
Bloodlust Script (http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10122)
Rage Script (http://forums.mattie.info/cs/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10121)

Enjoy!

Irish1983
21st December 2006, 07:22
Thank you so much for getting this to me. My server is up and running with both limited PS and pipe bombs :D.

I have a new question though, My clan mate sampson or Taz usually messes with this kind of thing but were do I go to make a server have you download a new map you dont have as a client?

Cheesey
21st December 2006, 08:55
@Knigh7s

I've dowloaded them too, really nice somebody did such a script. Just a short question:

To install create a folder called ps_bloodlust in your eventscripts directory.

Is this directory ment?: /steamapps/SourceMods/hidden/scripts

??

Knigh7s
21st December 2006, 10:12
@Cheesey

addons
-eventscripts = folder inside "addons"
--ps_bloodlust = folder inside "eventscripts"
---es_ps_bloodlust.txt = text file from ThunderDan
bin
cfg
logs
maps
etc....

Don't forget to add

es_load ps_bloodlust

Into your autoexec.cfg

@Irish1983

I couldnt answer that myself, buuut i think when the custom map starts, it auto downloads... ... and you might want to .bsd it also. Do a search, you should be able to find some info here.

Cheesey
21st December 2006, 11:43
Thank you, I'll try at home!

ThunderDan
22nd December 2006, 23:06
For custom map downloads you need to set sv_allowdownload 1 in your server config.

I highly recommend using sv_downloadurl also. If you do a search on the steampowered.com forums you should find some helpful tutorials on getting that working.

typhon
17th March 2007, 22:03
unknown command es_load

Paegus
17th March 2007, 22:11
you need to have matti's event script plugin installed...