PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to the Admins

Scuzzy
4th December 2006, 16:27
Just a quick note of thanks to the other admins and players who have provided information on TKers and hackers in this forum. We logged 7 known hacker/TKers attempt to get on our servers on Sunday, 5 on Saturday, and several of them were entered into our banlist from this forum. We had 142 unique players connect to our server yesterday, so those 7 were about 5% of the players that could have caused us issues and did not.

Thanks for pointing out the idiots, it's made playing much more enjoyable.

Scuzzy

Zabiela
4th December 2006, 19:14
Thank you aswell, for maitaining great servers, and for the community, having a great banlist.

When I first started playing I was incredibly surprised at how many people liked to ruin the game for others.

superman1000
4th December 2006, 20:05
Wish one of the mods would start an official ban list sticky, listing all steamids/names/links to threads where they were reported etc

So bad players can be checked up on, and admins can use the same banlist.

i'd start it but i'm a bit busy these days

Gusdor
4th December 2006, 20:54
If someone with a larger banlist could PM me a list with as much detail as possible I'll check it over with others and whack a sticky up.

superman1000
4th December 2006, 21:11
Well someone could start one just by using all the reports in this forum.

Scuzzy
4th December 2006, 22:24
We try and keep the ban list on my tagline updated from the forums here, as well as bans for TKing on the server. We don't add the other bans because those types of bans may not meet other admins' standards. For instance, if a user continually ignores our language policy and is swearing in front of kids we ban them perminantely. Other admins don't care, so we don't include those in the list below. The page shows the kills related to TKers, etc.

There is a link for a straight download of a "cfg" file for banning on the page. The file and list are updated automatically at the bans occur.

http://www.oldtimersclan.com/ot_hiddentkers.php

Scuz

Knigh7s
4th December 2006, 23:48
And a thanks goes out to you also for keeping up with your ban list!

I think that it is a great idea to create a strickly Hidden:S ban list.

I've looked into several ban list communities, but they are more for DOD:S and CS:S servers.

Cheesey
5th December 2006, 08:52
Thank you for providing and caring your server! It's a good way to sort out the TKers.

So a Sticky would be nice, instead of opening up a new thread everytime a TKer has showen up. The first post should be a list with all STEAMidS, names, etc. of the posts below where you can post TKers with demos, pics and id as we did as usual.
Like the map thread where you have everything on the first page for a nice overview and below a much detailed version of every TKer ;)

Just a suggestion...

Zabiela
5th December 2006, 19:37
If we kept all the new reports to one thread, they wouldnt get noticed as much.
Im still going to be making new threads for my reports, but im still in favor of a master banlist.

Cheesey
5th December 2006, 19:49
If we kept all the new reports to one thread, they wouldnt get noticed as much.
Im still going to be making new threads for my reports, but im still in favor of a master banlist.

Jep, same idea here... ;)

Scuzzy
5th December 2006, 19:54
Jep, same idea here... ;)

Maybe a nice bright red link somewhere that says HIDDEN COMMUNITY BAN LIST Perhaps a link to the list instead of a forum in the forum list....

Scuzzy