PDA

View Full Version : Kill effects

Lethess
1st December 2006, 19:30
Well i had an idea about kill shots when yur the hidden.

lets say on yur killin slash with the hidden you hit the iris in the neck. and it lops his head off :D kinda freaky if i saw that happend.

also could apply mybe to legs or and arms :D

but i dont know just thought it might be kewl to throw that idea out pce

Zabiela
1st December 2006, 19:44
Usually stuff that requires extra modelling is uh... not very uhh... should i say welcome?

Lethess
1st December 2006, 19:45
lol. well of course :D but none the less i think it would be kewl to have mybe when hidden out of beta or soemthing :D

whoppa
1st December 2006, 20:16
lol. well of course :D but none the less i think it would be kewl to have mybe when hidden out of beta or soemthing :D

Never gonna happen. :D

Lethess
1st December 2006, 20:21
Never gonna happen. :D

lol prob will not . atleast i tryed :D

Kira Yamato
2nd December 2006, 05:39
It's a KA-BAR knife It's not exactly meant for, or long enough to easily decapitate, or dismember some one. It's not a Katana after all.

starstriker1
2nd December 2006, 06:05
Guys, let the actual developers say "not going to happen". You guys aren't qualified to give that opinion unless it's been explicitly stated in either the sticky or a previous post by a dev team member.

I think it'd be a nice effect on kills (and the thought has occured to me as well, after seeing some of the bugs in the testing builds!), but it might be technically challenging to pull off. Potentially, it may be possible with some redundant bones in the joints you want to remove, and then simply disconnecting the joints in code. The gore in the ragdoll would be hidden in the mesh until the joints were disconnected, at which point it would become obvious that the polygons weren't originally connected.

Demented
2nd December 2006, 06:27
Only if the Hidden gets to do power attacks a la Dark Messiah. =P
RRraahh! *chop*

Who needs a pigsticker?

whoppa
2nd December 2006, 08:27
The Idea is cool, yeah. Say, when your hitting the Rine the last time, not just the body would drop, but some parts of the Body, too.

And by the way.. it would be cool if the Skins would be bloody and deformed, when they're dead.

But there are more important things to do, than this, i think.

Euphoria
2nd December 2006, 09:00
It's a KA-BAR knife It's not exactly meant for, or long enough to easily decapitate, or dismember some one. It's not a Katana after all.

This just means it couldn't be accomplished in one stroke, but it would be possible if you stabbed the knife into the neck and, while holding the head still, rip the knife 360 degrees around the neck, like a can opener. However you would need to change hands once the knife got to a certain point.

I doubt this would implemented though, not jsut because of the animation and coding work involved but also because this would qualify as a one hit kill, and the stickies specifically say that:-
Have any method of one hit kill other than the PS - Such as neck snapping / grabbing / anything else like it.

Prometheus
2nd December 2006, 10:12
I like the idea. Its not a one hit kill because its on the third slash. The only downside is the amount of work which would need to be put in. Im hoping for a DEV to come along and say yeh thats cool, maybe later.

Ging
3rd December 2006, 10:03
Chances are slim to none if we're being honest about it.

Cheesey
3rd December 2006, 10:37
Chances are slim to none if we're being honest about it.

To quote Jim Carrey: So there is a chance! :D

Daedalus
3rd December 2006, 10:52
Wasn't this thread locked?

No decapitations. It's a kabar, not a longsword or a katana. If you wanted to decapitate a marine you'd have to sit there hacking away at him for a couple of minutes while his buddies fill you full of lead.

13:37 timestamp ftw, Cheesey.

Cheesey
3rd December 2006, 13:08
Wasn't this thread locked?

No decapitations. It's a kabar, not a longsword or a katana. If you wanted to decapitate a marine you'd have to sit there hacking away at him for a couple of minutes while his buddies fill you full of lead.

13:37 timestamp ftw, Cheesey.

You forget about the super strenght of 617. And remember even riddick could kill smb. with a teacup ;)

Whats up with my timestamp?

Kira Yamato
3rd December 2006, 15:45
Even with super strength, you'd need multiple cuts just to hack off the head. It's a KA-BAR it's not long enough for dismemberment, it's also a straight edge which makes it a far better stabbing weapon. The only reason IRIS lose limbs to pig sticks are the extreme force at which the blade hits, so of course you get very mangled body parts.

waRp^
3rd December 2006, 16:09
Whats up with my timestamp?

in his time zone your post was posted 13.37, but actually it was posted 12.37