PDA

View Full Version : Inexplicably Banned

nex
28th November 2006, 13:14
It seems like I've suddenly become banned from multiple servers overnight, for no apparent reason. Now, there are plenty of hidden servers to choose from these days, so being banned from a few wouldn't exactly be a big deal, except that they seem to be the ones that I play on the most. All of Smokey's servers, as well as playZen.net's server.

Is there any way to find out why I was banned? I think I've made about 5 TKs, all accidental, in the 6+ months I've been playing; hopefully anyone who's played with me can attest to the fact that I'm a pretty reasonable guy, and very anti-TK.

I'm also a bit worried that someone might have hijacked my steamID somehow; if the admins of these servers can tell me the reason for my ban (regardless of whether it's lifted), I can at least figure out what's been going on.

Cheers

-nex

Paegus
28th November 2006, 15:24
i kept getting temp banned from smokeys for a bit which i fixed by putting cl_restrict_server_commands 0 in my /path/to/hidden/cfg/autoexec.cfg

-SM-SUCKER
28th November 2006, 20:06
Try pm-ing DI your SteamID, maybe he can find out who/why/when/for how long you have been banned. Btw, did you ever play under a different name?

Kitty_Loaf
29th November 2006, 04:33
I'd change your steam Password too, just incase someone IS using your steam when you don't know it

nex
1st December 2006, 13:03
Got it sorted, thanks guys