PDA

View Full Version : Old timers

Sir Wankus Magpie
20th November 2006, 01:23
Well this is a messege for the old timers server admins and clan mates

my name is not offensive in anyway and the fact that you would not allow me to use the name i have used for years made me very angry

kicking me because i called you on it was very childish and now i officialy black list you and your faggot clan mates

i hope you guys die of old age...soon

Kira Yamato
20th November 2006, 01:44
You have the word wank in your name, that could quite easily come across as offensive. I know I'm a [YIS] admin, and I've seen people get banned for names like "Douchebag."

Edit:[YIS] Firearms clan admin. Just thought I'd clarify.

Sir Wankus Magpie
20th November 2006, 01:45
the fact that all you see is the word "wank" in my name makes me feel like im playing with a bunch of children that giggle when they hear a naughty word

wankle rotary engine

grow up kira go play your nintendo

Kira Yamato
20th November 2006, 02:11
You know what, you can fuck off for all I care. I didn't say all I saw in your name was the word "wank." But some people see that and do get the wrong idea. It's not my fucking fault if you're too damned sensitive(or stupid) to accept that some one could get the wrong idea from your name and be offended. Next time you get ready to point the fucking finger think first.

3rased
20th November 2006, 02:53
Why else would you have a name like that than to incite somebody into thinking of the word wank? Please enlighten us all :)

Zabiela
20th November 2006, 03:06
i officialy black list you and your faggot clan mates

i hope you guys die of old age...soon

That just fucked over your entire post. Noone will grant you credibility, way to go.

Kitty_Loaf
20th November 2006, 05:07
I bet some of you would giggle at Bucky Balls too XD

BuckminsterFullerenes FTW!

Paegus
20th November 2006, 09:53
so wank is out but fuck is allowed in?
this isn't exactly a PG13 / 12 rated game here people...

Daedalus
20th November 2006, 11:17

QFFT.

It's ridiculous how you can't say certain words in a game where people freaking asplode into a bloody mess of meaty gibs.

chilly
20th November 2006, 11:46
It's their server, put up or shut up. You all rely on kind people like me and others to provide you with fast, clean, hopeuflly cheater-free servers. Show us some respect by following our rules and all will be well.

Just to point out: there are far more occurances of the word "fuck" in nicks than "wank" (about 80 with fuck, 8 with wank - 2 of which are the man in question here).

Scuzzy
20th November 2006, 11:47
I appreciate the few people here who have tried to address this issue, even though none of them have been from the [o-t] servers. As a member of old timers I'll address it here.

Well this is a messege for the old timers server admins and clan mates
my name is not offensive in anyway and the fact that you would not allow me to use the name i have used for years made me very angry

I understand that you like your name that refers to masturbation pie. The server auto-renamer didn't like it. It didn't kick you, it simple renamed you. As [o-t] Kiss the Reaper explained to you all you needed to do was leave the "wank" part out and it wouldn't be a problem. The motd clearly defines what is acceptable behavior and what is not. When you enter the server a voice is played over your speakers explaining what is enabled and to "keep the language and content clean".

kicking me because i called you on it was very childish and

You were not kicked because you "called" us on anything. You insulted the [o-t] admins that were on the server. You could have just disagreed with the policy and continued to play but you didn't, you decided to launch into personal attacks. Attacking and disrespecting the admins (and the other players for that matter) isn't tollerated. We have no problem with people disagreeing with our server's policies, but you stepped way outside the bounds and for that you were kicked and banned.

now i officialy black list you and your faggot clan mates i hope you guys die of old age...soon

In future addressments you'll find that stuff like this really does damage your credibility and accurately gauges your maturity. We appreciate being on your blacklist, I'm sure there are many who will use it. Our's is called a "llama list" and as players are banned they are automatically added to it. You can find it at www.oldtimersclan.com.

Thanks for you time,
Scuzzy

Scuzzy
20th November 2006, 11:53

No, fuck isn't allowed either, at least not in our environment. We completely agree that the game is not PG13. We've had this debate in other forums before and it really isn't worth explaining. Some people understand and some people don't.

We are by charter a TFC/FF clan. We have a fairly large community of regular players and 55 members who have children who enjoy playing on our servers. They like the clean environment we provide and we will continue to do so.

Scuzzy

Paegus
20th November 2006, 12:15
i wasn't referring to naming. it's built into the game. radio7 i think. and unlike a name which is just text the radio message can be played at volume through the speakers for all those nearby to hear.

and so you know i wasn't defending him. from his posting he's obviously a complete jackass and most likely deserving of his ban even before you replied. i've hosted servers myself in the past so I'm all for the "it's my server so follow my rules or sod off" approach...

just trying to keep things in perspective.

Kira Yamato
20th November 2006, 12:19
Well that does throw a wrench in to things unless you disallow the use of radio commands.

Scuzzy
20th November 2006, 14:03
The motherfucker radio command. There has been some discussion on that particular command. There have been a few that have suggested that we treat that the same as regular text and people will just learn not to use it on our servers. (In other words when that radio command is used they are slayed) We had planned to do this, however there was a bug a while back where the radio commands were spontaniously appearing, so we decided against it for now. When we're on the server we ask people politely not to use it. Most players are very agreeable and say no problem, then there are others that just start spamming that radio command. The later don't stick around long.

We actually don't use the IRIS radio commands that much in general. If you join when OT members are on you'll find we use the mic a lot to communicate where the hidden is, how many nades he's used, the strategy we need to implement to capture him, etc. You'll find if you use your nades up we tell each other to group together and hunt in a pack. :)

Scuzzy

EmeralDragon
20th November 2006, 15:51
Figured I'd throw my .02 in:

In my experience, the [o-t] servers are very well policed, and I have never had an issue with any of their members or admins. I've had a few very fun times actually, and I agree with their rules against obscene profanity, etc. I used to help run a BF1942 server that was policed in much the same with in regards to profanity, whether it was typed or within the name itself. It was a pain, because such a high traffic flow through that server (we were ranked within the top 10 servers several times, and almost always in the top 25) meant *alot* of warnings/kicks/bans took place.

Now on the other hand, I know Sir Wankus, and have played with him quite abit on past occasions. I am completely surprised by his original post. He is a good player, and never gave me any reason to kick/ban him. He *states* that his name has to do with wankle motors, because he is a fan of the Mazda RX7's, while Scuzzy says it's a sexual act. I think the truth is it's alittle of both, IMHO. ;)

May I suggest that the O-T clan give Magpie another chance to prove that he's a valued player, and not just another annoying idiot?

Sir Wankus: I know you like your name, but perhaps you can change it ever so slightly so as to appease the server's rules? Sir Mankus Magpie? Sir Lankus Magpie? Sir Pleasedontbanmeagain Magpie? :D

It's not that big of a deal, really.

EDIT: This is also my 100th post, and we all know that 100th post's contain special powers with regards to defusing conflicts. Now lets all make up and hold hands.

Scuzzy
20th November 2006, 16:29
...Sir Wankus, ... He *states* that his name has to do with wankle motors, because he is a fan of the Mazda RX7's, while Scuzzy says it's a sexual act. I think the truth is it's alittle of both, IMHO. ;)

May I suggest that the O-T clan give Magpie another chance to prove that he's a valued player, and not just another annoying idiot?

I appreciate your comments about the [o-t] environment. Two quick things. He never indicated what his name "wankus" stood for, he just went into a rant about our policy. If he'd explained it and was able to back it up with facts, there probably wouldn't have been any issue at all.

I know you're looking to broker an agreement here. I appreciate that. However, it isn't up to me if he is unbanned. Everyone must go through the same process to be unbanned. It has happened, but is fairly rare. A perm ban usually occurs after multiple issues with an individual or after a serious violation of the server rules. His content and conduct here mirrors his performance last night on our server.

If he wants he can e-mail the clan and present his case as to why he should be unbanned. However, with evidence such as him calling us "faggots" and wishing us to die in a public forum, I doubt highly that the ban would be reversed after review... but it is possible depending on what his e-mail contains.

Scuzzy

Zabiela
20th November 2006, 19:01
Scuzzy']However, with evidence such as him calling us "faggots" and wishing us to die in a public forum, I doubt highly that the ban would be reversed after review... but it is possible depending on what his e-mail contains.

WHAD I TELL JOO ESTUPIDO!
Dos wordz focked jur post mang.

Daedalus
20th November 2006, 20:44
Scuzzy']However, with evidence such as him calling us "faggots" and wishing us to die in a public forum,

Wait, what?

*goes back one page*

kicking me because i called you on it was very childish and now i officialy black list you and your faggot clan mates

I LOL'D

And here I was thinking he got banned just for using the name. How did I ever miss that? :D

Scuzzy
20th November 2006, 22:40
And here I was thinking he got banned just for using the name. How did I ever miss that? :D

Good lord no. :p He was banned for his behavior after we explained the server's policy on language and content.

Scuzzy

Sir Wankus Magpie
21st November 2006, 01:57
i said moron...and got kicked....i didn't use harsh language

and if you say other wise than it proves my point

btw to you old timers...i AM a real old timer to this game and forum and used to be a great part of this community

and i feel as if because i am an american, white, conservative, and younger? player that i am not taken seriously

wether boxy and ging would agree or not i have been a number 1 member for a long time. no i didn't give them donations sadly mainly because i had no way of sending them money but i would have done so in a heart beat if i had the means to do so

your server grants freedom to those who pay? ok...then give me a good reason to play there

and btw the meaning of my name has nothing sexual in it

Sir Wankus Magpie is a action hero character that i have been devolping and writing about for the past 8 years. "Masterbation pie" made me even more angry, it is something i take offense to.

and the hope you die of old age line was a pun...not an insult/or attack

your go by "old timers" meaning you are old people...meaning you will die soon

and the faggot part i am not taking back. I am not saying you are a homosexual im saying you are queer and need a life. Paying monthly fees to run a server for a hl2 mod tells ME that you are very childish "old timers".

save your money and play with everyone else instead of trying to make your cute community that really seems limited in freedom.

and one more thought. I was a bit tipsy the night i played on your server.

even though this might sound a bit childish i think you guys were a bit frustrated while playing and so felt relieved to kick me for any reaosn possible. I might be wrong there but prove me wrong

and for kira...you kiss your mother with that mouth?

EDIT: my name has nothing to do with an RX-7 lol but that is cool....i was only pointing out the fact that the word WANK does not have to be a potty word and that if you were true adults you would realise this

Sir Wankus Magpie
21st November 2006, 02:01
WHAD I TELL JOO ESTUPIDO!
Dos wordz focked jur post mang.

back that crap up mang!

slanker stoners even though have rights...should not have words.

Kira Yamato
21st November 2006, 04:11
Wankus the word faggot is still pretty much just as bad as the word fuck, you're no better then I. I don't care how you "used" the word, it's still the same word. Quit playing holier then thou, it doesn't work. You're calling names, and pointing fingers, but what do you really have? Nothing. You say their immature, yet they're doing their best to keep a clean gaming environment for their players. If you hadn't been arguing with an admin, and been breaking the rules you wouldn't have been banned period. I'm an admin my self, and I deal people like you almost every day. People who think they're some great shakes. If an admin tells you to do something, do it, or leave. You don't ever argue with admins, thats how you get banned. So you were drunk too? Thats no excuse for breaking their rules take responsibility for what you've done, you coward. Then you say you black list them, then call them immature? No body cares that they're on your little black list, because you're just being an immature cry baby for having gotten banned.

Then you claimed that you're a conservative? You're as loud, self righteous, and two faced as any extremist liberal. People like you make conservatives like me look bad.

Then you say crap like Zabiela shouldn't have a say. Yet he's an American, the same as you and me. His right to free speech is protected by our constitution. Yet, you'd trample the constitution to smite his right to free speech, and then you still have the gull to call your self conservative!? You make me sick.

Then you pull the little crap, "if I had had the chance to donate money I would have in a heart beat." Well you haven't given a damned thing thats useful so far, and we have nothing but your extremely shaky word. What makes you think you deserve our respect for claiming to have almost donated. Almost doesn't cut it, and the fact that you even brought it up in your defense points to the fact that you're lying.

You're just being a two faced lying, and crying immature brat. Quit arguing. You have nothing, you lose, good day to you sir.

Sir Wankus Magpie
21st November 2006, 07:51
Wankus the word faggot is still pretty much just as bad as the word fuck, you're no better then I. I don't care how you "used" the word, it's still the same word. Quit playing holier then thou, it doesn't work. You're calling names, and pointing fingers, but what do you really have? Nothing. You say their immature, yet they're doing their best to keep a clean gaming environment for their players. If you hadn't been arguing with an admin, and been breaking the rules you wouldn't have been banned period. I'm an admin my self, and I deal people like you almost every day. People who think they're some great shakes. If an admin tells you to do something, do it, or leave. You don't ever argue with admins, thats how you get banned. So you were drunk too? Thats no excuse for breaking their rules take responsibility for what you've done, you coward. Then you say you black list them, then call them immature? No body cares that they're on your little black list, because you're just being an immature cry baby for having gotten banned.

Then you claimed that you're a conservative? You're as loud, self righteous, and two faced as any extremist liberal. People like you make conservatives like me look bad.

Then you say crap like Zabiela shouldn't have a say. Yet he's an American, the same as you and me. His right to free speech is protected by our constitution. Yet, you'd trample the constitution to smite his right to free speech, and then you still have the gull to call your self conservative!? You make me sick.

Then you pull the little crap, "if I had had the chance to donate money I would have in a heart beat." Well you haven't given a damned thing thats useful so far, and we have nothing but your extremely shaky word. What makes you think you deserve our respect for claiming to have almost donated. Almost doesn't cut it, and the fact that you even brought it up in your defense points to the fact that you're lying.

You're just being a two faced lying, and crying immature brat. Quit arguing. You have nothing, you lose, good day to you sir.

you have so much anger its rediculous!

and yes i am a conservative and you couldn't tell me otherwise you silly git

and im not acting holier than thou im just saying that i don't REALLY think they are gay

have you played with me yet? i mean seriously mister importent admin start asking people who know me. You don't know me! at all

and whats with the you lose good day? i wasn't trying to win anything here lol your response is SO cliche i actually laughed reading your post

Kira yomatomato is dah forum warrior! he will put you in your place!

if i was trying to win something wouldn't i be trying to say im sorry for saying this?

Me : why won't you let me use the name i have used for years"
Admin : Because if you want to use your name feel free to donate to our server
me : morons
Admin : Goodbye

thats it

thats actually exactly quoted word for word

you were not there Kira so why are you butting in anyway?

why not try to take my word for it that i was mistreated

and about me stabbing the constatution thingy

not sure by what you mean

don't respond though because all you do is attack

so far i have not attacked you once...maybe i told you to go play your silly nintendo. thats it

Kira Yamato
21st November 2006, 08:12
I side with other admins because I know what it's like to have a player not listen. If you don't like an admin micro managing how you play on their server through their rules then don't play there. It's really quite that simple. You've come off very insulting, and immature. I mean does calling people faggots, gay, and saying you black list their server, help your case? No it makes it look like your at fault. Now what they run a server with reasonable policies, similar to a server I serve as admin on. So it makes me extremely upset to see a player off and bash a server because an admin banned them. If you really had been mature about this from the beginning it would have been more like this:

Them: Don't use that name.
You: Why won't you let me use the name i have used for years?
Them: Because if you want to use your name feel free to donate to our server.
You: Thats lame, I think I'll just play some place else.

Now I'm usually an understanding person, and I'm all for second chances, but it's your word against theirs. Your being pretty inflammatory about it to be honest, so it looks like you're in the wrong. So I felt sympathetic towards them, and got very angry at you. I'm sorry I flew off the handle.

Also Old Timers Admins: If thats what really went down, shame on you.

Kitty_Loaf
21st November 2006, 08:13
It's funny and annoying at best when servers enact stupid rules like no swearing and are completely and utterly strict. These rules don't make for a more rewarding gaming experiance. Hell, It annoys the fuck out of a lot of people. If someone is swearing and spamming on mic and doing all knows what else, then yes, mute or get rid of him. But if it's just like "OH GOD FUCKING DAMNIT" boo hoo. Now if he says that each time he dies over and over, then yeah, that might also be a problem.

Kira Yamato
21st November 2006, 08:29
Thank you Wankus for continuing to prove your immaturity by sending a personal attack to my Personal Message inbox.

Kitty_Loaf
21st November 2006, 08:50
Ok, all of you, stop being dumb.

Alright, i'm just going to list stuff...

A) Wankus could be seen as some kind of vulgarity. Why you would make a big deal about it is stupid.

B) When you insult someone in their own server, you look very cocky, arrogant, and really dumb. No need to insult the owners unless they are being really really REALLY fucking dumb. But I do agree that it was a hasty reaction from the Admins about such a tame word as Moron.

C) For the record, if you want to be a good admin... take everything with a grain of salt. If you can make someone stop talking shit by using the game to do it (like beating the shit out of them) do it. Don't wave your admin powers like a huge e-penis. I used to do that, didn't make many freinds and it didn't keep the servers clean.

D) Support admins that do stupid shit isn't good practice. That would be like seeing a cop beating someone that jaywalked, and letting the cop do that without shouting police brutality.

E) Wankus did do something mature about bringing it to the attention of other admins, but saying it in such a negative tone didn't help much.

F) Basically, OT clan, just let him use the name. It's not bad at all. Wankus, I think an apology for yelling at OT. Yes they messed up with the whole kicking you, but standing up and saying they are a completely backwards server just makes you look like you just want to keep an argument going.

Both people are in the wrong, and kira, siding with one will most likely piss people off. Wankus has been with the hidden community for quite some time. Respect him a little, wouldn't you be a little tiffed if you got kicked for no reason?

Funny thing is, i've been kicked for Yum Yum Kittyloaf, people think it's some kind of vagina thing.

Zabiela
21st November 2006, 08:58
I am not saying you are a homosexual im saying you are queer.

Words fail.

Kitty_Loaf
21st November 2006, 09:01
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f346/Walouf/dailyIQ.jpg

Words fail.

I can't read... after this thread, I've become illiterate to an extreme. I'm really only guessing at what i'm typing and what you're trying to tell me. I hope to god i'm doing well enough.

Voltron is on!!!

Zabiela
21st November 2006, 09:06
I like that, How odd that a thread has such an effect on IQ... we must run away!

Anyways, I just gave my two cents, and that's about all I'm going to do until someone makes a good, response worthy comment ^-^

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Whyd you have to bring sense into the thread .2 seconds before i post :(
...make me look stupid...
Just trying to bring humor into this retarded argument.

Kitty_Loaf
21st November 2006, 09:31
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Whyd you have to bring sense into the thread .2 seconds before i post :(
...make me look stupid...
Just trying to bring humor into this retarded argument.

Quickly! edit your comment as to erase my quote and I'll get rid of my original message! They must not know!

Isolation
Funny thing is, i've been kicked for Yum Yum Kittyloaf, people think it's some kind of vagina thing.

Really? Hmm... perhaps I should be more judicious with my "joke" version of your name then, which IS offensive.

Masterpod
B) When you insult someone in their own server, you look very cocky, arrogant, and really dumb. No need to insult the owners unless they are being really really REALLY fucking dumb. But I do agree that it was a hasty reaction from the Admins about such a tame word as Moron.
In all fairness, it is their server and they are allowed to kick and ban as they please (However unfair it might seem at times). One must remember that playing on someones server is not a right, it's a privilege.

E) Wankus did do something mature about bringing it to the attention of other admins, but saying it in such a negative tone didn't help much.
I don't really see how it's mature to create a thread on here and complain about their actions (And add insults aswell). Besides, I doubt it's going to help other admins much, since other servers follow different rules.

Wankus has been with the hidden community for quite some time. Respect him a little, wouldn't you be a little tiffed if you got kicked for no reason?
While it's true he has been with the community for a long time, that doesn't really matter here.
Of course you can become a bit angry if you get kicked for some reason YOU find crappy, but that doesn't mean it's right to come here and complain about it.

Note: I know this post sounds very negative, but don't take it that way. Think of it as a neutral opinion :p
Note2: Wankus, You could just go play on another server :D

Kitty_Loaf
21st November 2006, 09:36
In all fairness, it is their server and they are allowed to kick and ban as they please (However unfair it might seem at times). One must remember that playing on someones server is not a right, it's a privilege.

I don't really see how it's mature to create a thread on here and complain about their actions (And add insults aswell). Besides, I doubt it's going to help other admins much, since other servers follow different rules.

While it's true he has been with the community for a long time, that doesn't really matter here.
Of course you can become a bit angry if you get kicked for some reason YOU find crappy, but that doesn't mean it's right to come here and complain about it.

Note: I know this post sounds very negative, but don't take it that way. Think of it as a neutral opinion :p
Note2: Wankus, You could just go play on another server :D

I see your comment as neutral, no worries. I was just saying that if he wanted to get un-kicked or atleast have a civil argument about why his name shouldn't be allowed, then that's what he should have done and would have been a mature move. Just... lets stop arguing on here and just dance.

http://s133702574.onlinehome.us/pictures/blog/peanutbutterjelly.jpg

-SM-SUCKER
21st November 2006, 10:44
As far as I understand he wasn't banned for using his name.

Scuzzy'] He was banned for his behavior after we explained the server's policy on language and content.

Scuzzy
I agree with Masterpod, it's not a right to play on someones server (especially because someone ELSE is paying for it). That's why you should follow their rules. I would get banned from England, too if I tried driving my car on the right side. I mean it's the RIGHT side which is used almost everywhere... but still they have their own rules and once I enter their country I have to drive left, which is not right, somehow.
If an admin askes you to do something, do it. He will have a reason. And if he hasn't, you may report his actions, but do not expect to be right because the admins usually know the rules.

ThunderDan
21st November 2006, 13:09
I think this was a horrible thread. You should post to get yourself unbanned, but if it's from one server you should probably visit their forum's. Would you go post on Valve's forums if you got banned from one CS server? Not if your intention was to get unbanned. If your intention is to throw insults at the server ops with the largest amount of listeners than maybe, but that's not a good reason to post.

I also realize that most people after being banned will have no way to find the website of said server - so I'm off to start a long over due thread.

Sir Wankus Magpie
21st November 2006, 16:25
I'm sorry old timers for flying off the handle with name calling and such

i like my name and it just makes me a tad sad that i can even use this name infront of people at my church yet can't use it on a gaming server?

thank you kitty_loaf for putting me straight :)

thank you kira for makin me angry right off the bat
(i love how you think that messege was an attack i sent you! classic, you need a rape whissle or something):p

this is an official apology to the OT admins and clan mates :( i am sorry for being immature about it

chilly
24th November 2006, 03:08
Good thing too, I was about to paste what you *actually* said here to shame you into submission.

Cheesey
24th November 2006, 08:27
I'm sorry old timers for flying off the handle with name calling and such

i like my name and it just makes me a tad sad that i can even use this name infront of people at my church yet can't use it on a gaming server?

thank you kitty_loaf for putting me straight :)

thank you kira for makin me angry right off the bat
(i love how you think that messege was an attack i sent you! classic, you need a rape whissle or something):p

this is an official apology to the OT admins and clan mates :( i am sorry for being immature about it

Wow! Cool...!