PDA

View Full Version : Hidden only showing on port 27015

Kimbie
14th November 2006, 21:23
Setting up LAN server for various source games.

Since Hidden only supports 10 players I wanted to run multiple servers on different port ranges.

However is i use anything other than 27015 it will not show up in the LAN tab on the Steam server window

Any help is appricated

Cheers

Fluffy
15th November 2006, 08:38
why would you need to run multiple servers on more than one port anyway? if you're doing a LAN party you can just pick the player with the fastest computer out of a group of 10 and force him into a headlock and tell him you wont let go until he starts up dedicated server...

Kimbie
15th November 2006, 19:12
why would you need to run multiple servers on more than one port anyway? if you're doing a LAN party you can just pick the player with the fastest computer out of a group of 10 and force him into a headlock and tell him you wont let go until he starts up dedicated server...

true but thats not really the point :)

Also if that player quits the server goes down

Kimbie

3rased
15th November 2006, 20:08
Why not setup multiple IP's on your NIC, disable DHCP and you can add as many as you like. All can then be on port 27015.

Paegus
15th November 2006, 22:11
that'll work but it doesn't explain why he can't use ports other than 27015. there's no built in restriction so it's probably a firewall problem.

3rased
15th November 2006, 23:06
can you connect directly to any of them that aren't on the default port by using connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx in the console?

Kimbie
16th November 2006, 17:58
can you connect directly to any of them that aren't on the default port by using connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx in the console?

no i cant do it that way

there is no firewall running

Paegus
16th November 2006, 17:59
how are you setting the server's port?

what is your server's command line?