PDA

View Full Version : Tweak That Map...

Boxy
13th November 2006, 19:59
Heres your chance people, anything in ANY map* that annoys you from mis-aligned textures and places you struggle to climb to places IRIS can camp that they shouldn't, bang them in here (preferably with a screenie) and I will do my best to sort them out for B5.

I'm going through all the maps and recompiling them, so ask away. I'm not saying I'll be able to do everything you ask, but the Derelict thread a while back got me thinking you lads probably spot more mistakes in the maps that we ever will so spot away and Ill do my best.

*DON'T ASK FOR ANY CHANGES TO STALKYARD, IT HAS HAD A COMPLETE OVERHAUL FOR B5

scratch
13th November 2006, 20:03
On highrise there are some pipes which are not lit correctly (origin within brushes), i've posted this a while ago somewhere but you said you don't have the vmf anymore. So, now's your chance, too. ;)

Isolation
13th November 2006, 20:07
I don't have H:S installed (New HD! Woo!), so I'll try to explain this one as best as possible.

On Docks, near the rear of the first level are two generators, some fences and the stairs up to the green room. Well, it's hella easy to camp in the corner on top of the generator.

Then on Highrise, when you go downstairs left from IRIS spawn, there's a fence door that people can get behind and camp all day. 617 can't slash through it, so it can kill the game.

Fluffy
13th November 2006, 20:30
uhh... I've gotta think about this one. The only map with considerable cosmetic issues would be in derelict... other than that, the issues with origin might be a nice fix

*cough* stalkyard! *cough*

Zabiela
13th November 2006, 20:39
Sewers:
Put a marine clip around the pipes that the hidden can use. In the pillar room i've seen marines use alarms to climb up and camp inside.

Highrise:
-Fence door in the left tunnel leading out from the spawn is campable.

Ill edit with more and screens.

Night Raider
13th November 2006, 20:49
A marine clip in the roofs of Docks.

Change the Hidden spawn point in Sewers to the to the ground floor... it would save a lot of hassle, when newbs who barely know how to pounce just crouch in the catwalks.

Paegus
13th November 2006, 21:00
docks:
since you've blocked off the top floor in derelict, how about sticking some marine_clips on the rafters in docks? not so they cant even get their heads above that level but so they just can't get ON the rafters.

going left from marine spawn the tunnel that goes to the catwalk access. you can get stuck between the right hand entrance pillar and the support column that's right next to it.

derelict:
could do something similar to derelict's top floor so there's less of a "ZOMG invisibule wall?!" feel to the whole thing.

the ceiling clip brushes on either side of the bathroom's room roof has these lips that mess up pounces from the roof unless you're right on the edge. it really kills the 'open area' feel when you slam into an invisible wall.

manor:
there's a tonne of props in manor that needs to be throwabled but i think someone's mentioned them.

sewers:
from the non-big room hidden spawn that's right next to a pipe, if you go down that pipe you can get stuck on the 'top' of the next pipe's entrance in that junction room. it's hard to replicate but annoyingly permanent when it happens.

executive:
that cafeteria is full of nice bumpable chairs that can't get used to beat people to death with. same goes for the tables tbh.

i'll get some screenies tomorrow.

Daedalus
13th November 2006, 21:27
-Perhaps add some more displacements in the water in sewers? Say in the corners where marines really enjoy camping...

-What Paegus said, in manor and executive there are many phys props that really need to be made throwable. Maybe make the paintings in manor collidable? It kinda needs more phys props on the lower floors.

-On derelict marines can get onto the roof and camp. It's not the roof that bothers me, there's a sort of a corner on the roof that's hard to attack without getting maimed.

-Make jimmeh collidable with the marines on all the maps! :D

Dr.SharK
14th November 2006, 12:45
Right, Boxy, My Man! I'm gonna start compiling every single misaligned texture i can find, every single visual bug i can find, and then send it to you this weekend! :)

Deal?

I already know some:

- The tunnels in sewers should be evened out so you don't slide off the arch.
- Pretty much every single texture in Sewers is misalgned, in the tunnel areas.
- The fences in docks at IRIS spawn are floating.
- The fences on Highrise look very perculiar when spaced like they are. Perhaps make som more room and align them so it looks good, instead of the spaces.
- Manor has a bunch of misaligned textures on all the floors, most noticable on the walls.
- The arches on highrise has misaligned textures, at the pool.
- Sewers should either have some more displacements for the hidden, or some more pipes. As it is now, Sewers is a newbie killer, and extremely hard. Perhaps even add another hall or two?
- More throwable objects in Derelict, or perhaps spread them more.
- The wall textures on Derelict next to the small shack looks very odd, they're also next to the IRIS truck. (the one with the arches)
- The holes on the top floor in Derelict should have custom made hitboxes instead of the square ones. I find it pretty much impossible to get up without using the middle hole.
- Fix the moving trashcans and jumping cars in Derelict, docks and Traindepot.
- Remove the trashcan camping spot in Derelict.

That's pretty much it for now.

Daedalus
14th November 2006, 15:47

I kinda forgot how fun those bugs are...

Sil
14th November 2006, 15:48
On Highrise, when spawning as a marine (dunno if this was ever fixed), there's two staircases leading up to the tallest level of the map. The rightmost of these two staircases share areas with a steamduct-thingyawummit, huge contraption can't miss it, that is easy to get stuck behind as hidden. (Getting stuck between the fence and the contraption thing, pretty much)

Make sense? Already fixed? Anyways, that's one issue I had last time I played. (Might say something about how often I play, that piece of info)

Also, if I remember correctly -- and this is purely cosmetic -- there's a railing thing on the staircase going down in the cafeteria of Executive. The railing there is basically a flat stone surface, and it's dead wide when it would really make more sense and look better if it were shorter. Would also make that bit more useful for the hidden as marines can't just slip off that staircase. (Let's face it, you would *NEVER* jump off a smooth, straight stone slope in real life. Ever. You would slip and break your head or something, and it wouldn't even be natural to walk on it.)

Fluffy
14th November 2006, 17:23
ahh yes. that reminds me now. In sewers, on top of the pipes that you come out of in the pillar room, if you try leaping up to the top of the pipe occasionally you get stuck between the pipe and the pillar (right below the angled thingy too) so what you have to do is slowly walk towards one side or the other. Basically, it'd be nice to put a player clip someplace you cant get stuck in those little holes.

Regarding the displacements under the water (whoever mentioned it) you should leave them as they are, too many parts where the displacements come up above the water mean that the IRIS can run around on the displacements without making noise... noise is crucial in hidden. leave the water and displacements the same...

Sil
14th November 2006, 20:27
Ah! Speaking of player clips, would you make player clips in small holes without making them unclingable surfaces -- or "tough to cling to" surfaces? Clingable player clips, if this is in any way feasible? Because I would find myself risking getting stuck between two objects in order to cling to one of them in an escape rather than jumping at it and not getting stuck at all yet killed by a fragmonkey. =/

Ging
14th November 2006, 20:41
Player clips are by default, unclingable - which is how we stop 617 hanging off invisible walls.

Sil
14th November 2006, 20:51
I figured, that's why I took a tentative approach and asked if it was possible to find a way around this. Player clip, invisible wall on top? Dunno. =/ Just don't make a tactical clingspot unclingable due to the risk of sticktion.

Zabiela
14th November 2006, 20:53
Cant you just make a nodrawed brush?

Paegus
14th November 2006, 23:49
nodraw blocks light... how about sky?

Ging
15th November 2006, 00:21
can't remember if you can cling to sky or not (you shouldn't be able to, but I wouldn't put anything past me when I wrote the cling system many moons ago)

Kira Yamato
15th November 2006, 01:08
manor:
there's a tonne of props in manor that needs to be throwabled but i think someone's mentioned them.
I wanna throw the grandfather clock around!!!

Boxy
15th November 2006, 07:14
You can cling to the skybox texture, so that wont work. The grandfather clock has no back to it, its been culled away, so there no time soon that you will be able to move that. I keep wanting to bin Manor and remake a more dark and dusty, smashed up version of it, thats smaller, but time is against me. Ive never been happy with Manor as it is.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm working through each map making adjustments where possible based on this thread. Keep them coming!!

Fluffy
15th November 2006, 08:18
You can cling to the skybox texture, so that wont work. The grandfather clock has no back to it, its been culled away, so there no time soon that you will be able to move that. I keep wanting to bin Manor and remake a more dark and dusty, smashed up version of it, thats smaller, but time is against me. Ive never been happy with Manor as it is.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm working through each map making adjustments where possible based on this thread. Keep them coming!!

If you want some help with manor later on or something you can always ask me. Generally I can tweek maps around themes pretty well. I should be open to working on just about any map after I finish mine. ;)

Paegus
15th November 2006, 11:01
You can cling to the skybox texture, so that wont work.

umm the point of Sil's post was to ask for something invisible that would both prevent you from getting stuck somewhere AND be clingable to as a surface.

it wont work though because it generates light in weird directions.

Matto
16th November 2006, 10:55
Heres a few tweaks for hdn_sewers, since thats the only map I care about :p

I sewers, could you add a few more displacements? By Displacements I mean raise the displacement level above the water. A few places where they are needed are:

The longest tunnel, at the corner next to the Generator Room. If you throw a pipebomb it rarely hits the campers because of the water
In Column Room, the tunnel leading to the 'Catwalk Room' (what's its proper name?) needs some displacement at it's entrance. Its impossible to pounce at campers without making a splash.

Perhaps another pipe system? These are invaluable to the hidden and fun to explore! My only worry is that it may make the game too easy for the Hidden. I think the only place it's needed is from Generator Room to the long tunnel's corner (Perhaps a vent or pipe above the corner). This would discourage campers from staying there. But an idea is not to put it right on the corner, but a bit to the side (just so campers can't sit in the corner with a view of both sides and the pipe/vent)

Proposed Pipe layout: http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8446/hdnsewersbabyqu3.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdnsewersbabyqu3.jpg)

EDIT: Oh ffs, its been resized. Well, the writing in blue says "Pipe/Room" system, like the existing one. The vents (red) uses a vent which is already there in the map (although it's just a brush with a vent texture).

Boxy
20th November 2006, 19:02
Right, Boxy, My Man! I'm gonna start compiling every single misaligned texture i can find, every single visual bug i can find, and then send it to you this weekend! :)

Deal?

I already know some:

- The tunnels in sewers should be evened out so you don't slide off the arch.
- Pretty much every single texture in Sewers is misalgned, in the tunnel areas.
- The fences in docks at IRIS spawn are floating.
- The fences on Highrise look very perculiar when spaced like they are. Perhaps make som more room and align them so it looks good, instead of the spaces.
- Manor has a bunch of misaligned textures on all the floors, most noticable on the walls.
- The arches on highrise has misaligned textures, at the pool.
- Sewers should either have some more displacements for the hidden, or some more pipes. As it is now, Sewers is a newbie killer, and extremely hard. Perhaps even add another hall or two?
- More throwable objects in Derelict, or perhaps spread them more.
- The wall textures on Derelict next to the small shack looks very odd, they're also next to the IRIS truck. (the one with the arches)
- The holes on the top floor in Derelict should have custom made hitboxes instead of the square ones. I find it pretty much impossible to get up without using the middle hole.
- Remove the trashcan camping spot in Derelict.

That's pretty much it for now.

Checks the date. Checks for links or news of full fix list...

See nothing and wonders what happened. Come on people, if you don't tell me I cant even attempt to fix or tweak it...

Dr.SharK
20th November 2006, 19:13
Checks the date. Checks for links or news of full fix list...

See nothing and wonders what happened. .

WoW happened. I'm sorry, forgot about it. I'll get on it asap. It'll take some time though, there's a ton of things i haven't even found yet.

Boxy
21st November 2006, 22:18
Time is running out to get the things you want changed in, I have done Docks over the last few days, including a completely revised lighting pass, its got much more contrast now and works really well with HDR, looking outside form in has a real bright warm feel and vice versa. Colour correction should hopefully add to the feel of the level when its gets fully implemented (another string to the feature bow, bring it on!). It has been passed through Ed to make sure hes happy with it still (its his map after all). I'm moving on to the next one in the list now, man this could take a little while...

Cheesey
22nd November 2006, 19:17
It's just a petty little matter, but I just mention it. Maybe it was not intentionally! ;)

On hdn_highrise there is a sign upsidedown. If it was ment so, ignore this post, if not... get working :D!

Here is the pic, it's in the lower level near the x-Box...

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/cheesey_fighter/Hidden-Source/th_hdn_highrise_upsidedown.jpg (http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/cheesey_fighter/Hidden-Source/hdn_highrise_upsidedown.jpg)

Zabiela
22nd November 2006, 19:30
It's just a petty little matter, but I just mention it. Maybe it was not intentionally! ;)

On hdn_highrise there is a sign upsidedown. If it was ment so, ignore this post, if not... get working :D!

Here is the pic, it's in the lower level near the x-Box...

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/cheesey_fighter/Hidden-Source/th_hdn_highrise_upsidedown.jpg (http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/cheesey_fighter/Hidden-Source/hdn_highrise_upsidedown.jpg)

The sign in the right passage (one that goes under the rooftop area) is also upside-down.

Boxy
27th November 2006, 07:42
uhh... I've gotta think about this one. The only map with considerable cosmetic issues would be in derelict... other than that, the issues with origin might be a nice fix

*cough* stalkyard! *cough*

Just noticed this post, explain please!

Kira Yamato
27th November 2006, 09:26
Some nice break in the long tunnel in sewer would be nice. Just a small Maintenance room or something where you can duck out of the line of fire for a sec.

Euphoria
4th December 2006, 17:19
There maybe some people who disagree with me on this, but I think that sewers is too hard for hidden at the moment.
I think the amount of water on the floor is fine, but i think the tunnels are too small to avoid splashing or engaging the iris without it being a suicide attempt. Maybe making them twice as tall and too dark to see clearly without the LAGs or the flashlight near the ceiling would add more movability as hidden and create more tension as iris because you wouldn't if anyone was lurking above you or not. Also, I think the ceiling pipes in the tunnels should be removed because they are realy annoying if you're in a hurry as hidden and you hit the pipes. Even if you do try to get on top of them it can be a real pain.

I'm also of the opinion that train depot and manor are too visible for the hidden, in that its very easy to spot the hidden. Maybe a darker version of manor like you suggested boxy would do the trick, and for traindepot maybe just changing the time of day and outside light to either evening or dawn. Even breaking up the open spaces on train depot with more trains and cars might do the trick, because the hidden would be able to get closer to people due to the cover.

Just my two cents.

Cheesey
4th December 2006, 17:28
The brightness in hdn_sewers is just fine, but the tunnels could be larger. Perfect plaze to camp or tactic for IRIS, if everyone's spraying 617 = dead...

Pipes are more annoying then helping, I second that....

Don't make hdn_sewers darker, the light-level is good.

Traindepot is funny with less ppl, with 9 ppl you have to be skilled as 617. But it's quite fun if you've figured it out once ;)

I'm fine with brightness of traindepot. Don't want all maps to be at the same daytime and lightlevel. Manor could be a lil bit darker, cause you can spot the hidden easily... just a bit, not too much... :)

Zabiela
4th December 2006, 19:03
Found a problem in Manor.

On the second floor above the spawn, in the area to the left with the long railing. (Main landing i think its called, but that is a BIG area.)
Anyway, if you know what im talking about, the part with the longest railing of any rail in the map; about 3 or 4 sections of the rail are misaligned by 1 unit. Just check up that whole rail with the smallest grid.

Daedalus
4th December 2006, 19:16
any rail in the map; about 3 or 4 sections of the rail are misaligned by 1 unit.

Yeah, ever since I found that out I can't stand manor...

On a more serious note, on the bridge in the tall room with the fireplace, the rails have 5 posts on each side. The ones in the middle are invisible, but you can shoot them.

And perhaps on traindepot you could raise the height limit a bit? When I jump on the train carts I feel pretty immobile knowing that I'll bang my head on thin air when I jump.

Zabiela
4th December 2006, 19:34
And perhaps on traindepot you could raise the height limit a bit? When I jump on the train carts I feel pretty immobile knowing that I'll bang my head on thin air when I jump.

Yes and you cant jump over that strut or sign prop or whatever it is over one of the trains in the corner, and I always try to as a reflex.
Not only do you have limited mobility there, but you're a great target for anyone in the main part.

Boxy
4th December 2006, 21:08
Right lads, thanks for the pitch in, I had the feeling I'd got all I was going to get from the community. So we all know, between myself, Ed and John we have sort of made a brief for all the maps:

Fixing all known bugs where possible
Add more physics interaction (either throw-able or trap-based, more on this at a later date maybe, with screenies)
More interesting and varied lighting with more contrast (too many levels, Manor being a perfect example you have picked up on, are too bland and one colour-esque)
Add HDR builds for each map for loveliness and make sure it looks reasonable at mat_bloomscale 1 (I cant help it if people jack it up although in Bloom (not full HDR) I can heartly recommend scale of 3 or more)
Ensure the highest frames possible on the lowest recommended spec PC (about my PC actually!) as DX6 and 7 are out as of Beta 5. We are supporting these levels, just not actively.

I think that is all I can inform you of for now. Don't worry about Manor, its getting an overhaul of textures, models and lighting. I'd have liked to bin it and remake it from the ground up but time and 'other projects' (oh the mystery!) are pressing on my time so a makeover will have to do. Box out.

Ging
4th December 2006, 22:07
time and 'other projects' (oh the mystery!) are pressing on my time so a makeover will have to do.

Time is pressing on your time? :p

Boxy
4th December 2006, 22:41
Shh, no one else noticed, plus I'm tired (classic get out clause).

Move along, theres nothing to see here...

Paegus
4th December 2006, 23:17
Add more physics interaction

don't forget the mass parameter overrides :D *cough*barstools*cough*

Cheesey
5th December 2006, 08:33
Add more physics interaction (either throw-able or trap-based, more on this at a later date maybe, with screenies)

That sounds really nice! Can't wait for it! :D

I agree with Daedalus and Zabiela. The height limit on hdn_traindepot should be risen a bit. Maybe also on hdn_discovery. On the big places it doesnt matter (like where the crates are or on the opposite deck), but when you are fighting near the wall outside I often bump against the invisible ceiling...

Kira Yamato
5th December 2006, 08:57
You might want to raise the sky box on hdn_highrise a bit I managed to cling to the sky box on it at one point...

Boxy
5th December 2006, 16:17
Noted, will get round to looking at that.

Sidenote: I'm binning Manor, the models have had an overhaul and there will hopefully be a spiritual successor in time for B5. I don't care ho much you liked Manor (if anyone actually did, eurggh) its going...

Euphoria
5th December 2006, 16:27
Sidenote: I'm binning Manor, the models have had an overhaul and there will hopefully be a spiritual successor in time for B5. I don't care ho much you liked Manor (if anyone actually did, eurggh) its going...

I don't mind waiting for beta 5 now that manors getting remade. If I can chip my two cents in, I'd get rid of the middle floor and add a basement, with holes in the floors to drop between floors easliy. I'd also add an uneven floor with water puddles to make it look neglected, and darken, age and wreck the place up to give it a creepy atmosphere. Plus adding plenty of throwables on all floors, preferably including at least part of a grandfather clock.

But hey, I'll take anything you dish out so long as its 'better' than the current manor.

Boxy
5th December 2006, 16:44
I don't mind waiting for beta 5 now that manors getting remade. If I can chip my two cents in, I'd get rid of the middle floor and add a basement, with holes in the floors to drop between floors easliy. I'd also add an uneven floor with water puddles to make it look neglected, and darken, age and wreck the place up to give it a creepy atmosphere. Plus adding plenty of throwables on all floors, preferably including at least part of a grandfather clock.

But hey, I'll take anything you dish out so long as its 'better' than the current manor.

Fecking mind reader! I have my inspirations to hand and it should be good, much smaller than the current affair and it wont be called Manor, want to get away from the whole stigma of Manor (I really don't like it)

Zabiela
5th December 2006, 19:35
Fecking mind reader! I have my inspirations to hand and it should be good, much smaller than the current affair and it wont be called Manor, want to get away from the whole stigma of Manor (I really don't like it)

Thank you, I've always hoped for a revamped manor.

I just thought of this: if you reuse the same railings, make rectangular clips around them so you cant get "stuck" underneath...

Oh but wait that doesnt work they're breakables....
Try to do something to avoid getting stuck there.

Boxy you really do your part to make this game awesome.

Isolation
5th December 2006, 19:43
Too bad hdn_resident never got finished (apparently). But, that just means you can 'borrow' some ideas for the new manor-esque map.

Cheesey
5th December 2006, 19:48
Too bad hdn_resident never got finished (apparently). But, that just means you can 'borrow' some ideas for the new manor-esque map.

Whopeee! Where is the downloadlink?:D

Boxy
5th December 2006, 19:53
I have a test build of Resident on my HDD, as far as I know I gave Freakdelle a few pointers on it but for the most part it seemed finished to me and was fecking mint, I have PM'ed the man but he doesnt seem to come on here to often anymore.

No I cant hand it out with out his permission...

Thank you, I've always hoped for a revamped manor.

I just thought of this: if you reuse the same railings, make rectangular clips around them so you cant get "stuck" underneath...

Oh but wait that doesnt work they're breakables....
Try to do something to avoid getting stuck there.

Boxy you really do your part to make this game awesome.

Thanks dad. Banisters are models now so there will be no more getting stuck or acting weird on them.

Isolation
5th December 2006, 19:56
I figured as much... hence the 'borrow' part of my post ;) .

But, 'twould be an evil, especially since I know you have a few user maps that could easily be decompiled :D

Matto
26th December 2006, 07:47
This has little to do with anything, but it didn't deserve its own thread. Did anyone here notice that hdn_sewers and hdn_traindepot are connected?

On traindepot, there is a door on the right end of the bridge. There are stairs going down which show part of the catwalk of sewers.

On sewers, there is a door at the end of the catwalk (furtherest from generator room). There are stairs leading up and you can just see the bridge and a shipping crate of traindepot.

Are any other maps connected? (Oh and I'm not suggesting you remove it :D)

Prometheus
26th December 2006, 13:08
I remember spoting that for the first time. :) Apparently Origin is connected to something, I have no idea what though. Please boxy, let us in on all your secrets :)

Boxy
26th December 2006, 13:25
I remember spoting that for the first time. :) Apparently Origin is connected to something, I have no idea what though. Please boxy, let us in on all your secrets :)

Sewers and Traindepot have links, Origin and Sigma have links (Gonna have to wait for that one kids), Docks and Discovery have links. I think thats all for now...

Zabiela
26th December 2006, 18:03
Cool easter egg boxy.

Cheesey
27th December 2006, 11:58
Sewers and Traindepot have links, Origin and Sigma have links (Gonna have to wait for that one kids), Docks and Discovery have links. I think thats all for now...

That was kinda obvious :D!

Nice!

Hyp-R
27th December 2006, 21:04
Just a really small mapping error I noticed in stalkyard
In the outside area pretty much diagonally from IRIS spawn
theres a very little spec of displacement that peaks up through the steps.

Really small, but I notice it alot

starstriker1
27th December 2006, 21:08
Well, any bugs with stalkyard are gone, since Boxy is remaking the map from the ground up! :)

Cheesey
28th December 2006, 08:40
Just a really small mapping error I noticed in stalkyard
In the outside area pretty much diagonally from IRIS spawn
theres a very little spec of displacement that peaks up through the steps.

Really small, but I notice it alot

...it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

;) starstrike wrote the rest...

Felf
28th December 2006, 15:41
just out of interest (it was mentioned WAAAAAAAY back in this thread wrt docks - yer that's right I did read through the last 7 pages of your gibberings), what is it that colour correction really does?

edit░
28th December 2006, 17:00
Theres no need to stop IRIS climbing up on the rafters in docks really, its not a problem.

Boxy
28th December 2006, 18:27
just out of interest (it was mentioned WAAAAAAAY back in this thread wrt docks - yer that's right I did read through the last 7 pages of your gibberings), what is it that colour correction really does?

It doesnt really matter as the colour correction stuff hasnt been put into the Source SDK yet so it will merely report errors relating to the colour correction entities. However, if it did work it allows us to apply hue and colour changes to the screen dependent on where you are in a level. I have some .RAW files (the files CC uses) made up ready for when/if Valve make it available and we get it into Hidden.

Theres no need to stop IRIS climbing up on the rafters in docks really, its not a problem.
Well its been done anyways, they can stick a head above the rafters but thats about it, they cant climb up there.

Zabiela
10th January 2007, 08:57
If its not too late, increase the weight of the monitors in executive- they're so light they feel like foam.

Daedalus
10th January 2007, 18:40
If its not too late, increase the weight of the monitors in executive- they're so light they feel like foam.

They actually sound like foam too...

Exec is really bad for physkills, upping the damage on monitors and making the barstools pick-ups would make the map much more fun imo.

Euphoria
10th January 2007, 19:36
Any chance of increasing the dmg of the paintings on all maps with paintings on? There seems to be plenty of them, but they seem to deal out minimal dmg, even when thrown like what would be a lethal hit with a pallet.

Zabiela
10th January 2007, 19:59
Any chance of increasing the dmg of the paintings on all maps with paintings on? There seems to be plenty of them, but they seem to deal out minimal dmg, even when thrown like what would be a lethal hit with a pallet.

I think the ones in exec go through people.

starstriker1
11th January 2007, 00:35
They actually sound like foam too...

Exec is really bad for physkills, upping the damage on monitors and making the barstools pick-ups would make the map much more fun imo.

Barstools? Just the barstools?

I think Boxy is a step ahead of you, man! :D

scratch
13th January 2007, 02:57
Uhm the new stalkyard still has one pipe on a wall which isn't lit correctly. Somewhere near the hall with the loads of crates.

scratch
28th January 2007, 23:39
Highrise looks strange with this purplish lighting (possibly caused by HDR), it's completely misplaced considering the colour of the sky.

Docks:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9606/hdndocks0000my9.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdndocks0000my9.jpg)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3073/hdndocks0001lc4.th.jpg (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdndocks0001lc4.jpg)

Ging
29th January 2007, 00:30
scratch, try and keep issues with the new build to the right area...

ill
29th January 2007, 17:40
I keep wanting to bin Manor and remake a more dark and dusty, smashed up version of it, thats smaller, but time is against me. Ive never been happy with Manor as it is.

good idea i especialy hate to get stuck in the door ways which is very easily done:mad: :mad: and it is also sometimes hard to find players:mad:

WatchMaker
15th March 2007, 02:26
good idea i especialy hate to get stuck in the door ways which is very easily done:mad: :mad: and it is also sometimes hard to find players:mad:

agreed

Isolation
15th March 2007, 05:49
...no one pays attention. Search for "Decay".

DvlStx
8th June 2007, 01:45
Okay, I hope this isn't too late, and I hope noone said this yet, but derelect needs a marine clip on the roofs, because me and an army of people got up by jumping on a sonic alarm. If youre still tweaking, please fix this.:D

Cheesey
8th June 2007, 13:53
I think thats no problem anymore. As I know you can't jump on sonics anymore in ▀5...

DvlStx
8th June 2007, 20:30
Yay. No more getting where they don't belong IRIS.

starstriker1
8th June 2007, 21:20
I think thats no problem anymore. As I know you can't jump on sonics anymore in ▀5...

Really? I need to get the latest build, I haven't seen this! :P

lcpuche
9th June 2007, 20:35
I think thats no problem anymore. As I know you can't jump on sonics anymore in ß5...

NOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:
well i had a god run
maybe for sewers less water so pipebombs do damage

Daedalus
9th June 2007, 21:01
NOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek:
well i had a god run
maybe for sewers less water so pipebombs do damage

Trust me sewers is much easier in b5.

Subface Normal
10th June 2007, 00:09
sewers it TOO easy now. I loved it as the challenging oddity that only vets enjoyed before... although I could never get anyone onto that map to play them... :rolleyes:

Demented
10th June 2007, 08:30
It still has water, yes?
(I can't check. Too scared to try out an old laptop's onboard graphics chipset... Though, it's a decently slow geforce 2... Maybe that's the software mode. *shudder* )

The b4 underground layout would feel pretty neat without water...

Paegus
10th June 2007, 10:31
Media section to Demented! Come in Demented!

:p

Boat Builder
10th June 2007, 16:48
Trust me sewers is much easier in b5.

This fills me with happiness.

I have nothing that hasn't been already reported to inform ye all of, so this be my useless post of the day.

Cheesey
13th July 2007, 10:30
Really? I need to get the latest build, I haven't seen this! :P

Really? I don't know it, just read about it here, so I took it for real... :(

MrBone
22nd February 2008, 12:05
I can't remember the name of the map but it's the one with all the meat hanging from hooks. Meatlocker?

How about if the meat has a small amount of energy for the hidden to use? And shouldn't the meat hanging swing if you hit it?

-SM-SUCKER
22nd February 2008, 15:25
This is not an official map you are talking about :0