PDA

View Full Version : I need some help here

StabbyVanKillerson
12th September 2006, 21:55
Ok, theres this guy that goes by the name Magic on many different servers, I need to know if bunnyhop is considered a cheat/hack and if its bannable because he does it the entire map. Also after I record and stop demo, how do I get it online? Sorry but im not that great with all the commands and everything. Last thing, how do you get peoples steam IDs, ty for help

Daedalus
13th September 2006, 08:24
I don't think bunnyhopping is that much of an issue since you can still stab the guy while he's in the air. ;)

To put a demo on the forums you can use the attachments. It's that paperclip icon at the top of the message writing area.

And to get people's steamids you use the status command.

Isolation
13th September 2006, 08:58
I thought Bunnyhopping was killed in the newer versions? I've seen people try, but never actually accomplish it.

Cranky
13th September 2006, 10:12
Try jumping on a physobject (throwable). You will fly. Though bunnyjumping? Not recommended IMO, you move too much, but I wouldn't call it an exploit. (at least not if it wasn't equal to a pounce ;)

-=Radiator=-
13th September 2006, 11:42
hehe i love that "physik engine abusement" in highrise , shot the adverts in the main hall on the floor (these arent debris like in executive) try a bit, sometimes it looks like an iris pounce haha :D

Daedalus
13th September 2006, 14:09
You think that's funny, when you throw objects sometimes there's a chance you'll be pulled or pushed depending on where you threw (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RNQ1ALHH) the object.

Fast forward to tick 4000 in the demo to see what I mean.

StabbyVanKillerson
16th September 2006, 02:04
absolutely NONE of that helped me out.. but he was bhopping perfectly every single time as if the airaccel was 100 for him, and I meant HOW DO U GET YOUR VIDEO OFF THE GAME AND INTO YOUR DOCUMENTS OF SOMETHING?

Paegus
16th September 2006, 08:46
hehe i love that "physik engine abusement" in highrise , shot the adverts in the main hall on the floor (these arent debris like in executive) try a bit, sometimes it looks like an iris pounce haha :D

so that would be why i simply could not kill (not to mention hit) anyone with them in exec?

/is not a happy panda...

Zabiela
16th September 2006, 10:18
Go to Program files\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\Sourcemods\hidden

In that folder is the demo you recorded under the name you put in after "record".

Go to a filesharing site like yousendit.com and upload it and post the link to the file.

redhood
18th September 2006, 00:04
Kenshin and I were playing with Magic tonight. I'm sure he has a bunny hop script or third party app running. He would hop multiple laps around Stalkyard without tiring.

Personally, I think bunnyhop is unfair. It was prevented in other games for good reason. For instance, Magic could make it around the entire map in a matter of seconds where as someone running normally wouldn't make it a quarter of the way. As the hidden it is a definite advantage when your stamina is low and as Iris, well, it's unfair to the other players as it tilts the balance everyone shares.

Isolation
18th September 2006, 00:10
Attempted bunnyhopping would not shock me at all. I see it all the time, just not successful. But when I was playing with Magic, I suspected something other than simple bhops.

Paegus
18th September 2006, 08:22
/requests demo of it

Kenshin and I were playing with Magic tonight. I'm sure he has a bunny hop script or third party app running. He would hop multiple laps around Stalkyard without tiring.
as hidden or iris?

it could just be a speedhack

redhood
18th September 2006, 09:16
Well, obviously, I saw him hopping laps as Iris. He was definitely bhopping and I didn't notice the pseudo lag that usually accompanies speed hackers but I don't want to dismiss that he was using a third-party app to do so.

Unfortunately, I didn't record a demo. I was just finishing up my night and on the last round or so he made it obvious. Later on I remembered reading about folks talking about the ethics or legality of bhopping so I dug up this thread.

Daedalus
18th September 2006, 13:13
If he's using a third party app or a script to bhop then I'd consider it unfair as he can move faster than the other IRIS.

I bhop, but I can't manage more than two or three hops and it doesn't really give me a significant speed boost unless I bounce off a sloped surface.

waRp^
18th September 2006, 13:50
how is it supossed ot be an advantage as hidden??? you can hear him when he is jumping

Korittke
18th September 2006, 15:00
how is it supossed ot be an advantage as hidden??? you can hear him when he is jumping
You move a LOT faster, I don't know how that would be outweighted by being heard. The Hidden is almost not audible anyway.

waRp^
18th September 2006, 15:41
i can hear him just fine, if he lands beside me or is running towards me, but only sometimes

magic
22nd September 2006, 22:15
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7739423282147489373&q=just+be+magic

I am magic, i am the best bunnyhopper in cs:s
no scripts, no 3rd party programms #pure.gaming @gamesurge

Alt
23rd September 2006, 07:50
Nice, server settings all default btw?

StabbyVanKillerson
23rd September 2006, 19:48
lol wow holy crap man, but you cant blame me for accusing you

and yes you are very amazing.

Daedalus
23rd September 2006, 20:56
Well, bunnyhopping didn't really seem to get too much of a speed boost (at least from what I could see in the movie), but those boost jumps were nice...didn't even know you could do that. :p