PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of all this team wounding

Fluffy
20th August 2006, 06:00
I just got banned from the GA server because i was playing and continuously i would get shot by someone on my team, i'd tell them to stop and soon enough they'd keep shooting me until i was dead. (same person every round) every round start i'd have to turn and as soon as they'd start shooting me i'd have to kill them to actually play. (i'd change servers and they'd follow me)everyone on every server was having the same problem and were shooting back at him and killing him but i was the only one banned (i went to the GA server and tked him once so i could play) . I am sick of all of these admins kicking for this. sometime they need to pay attention to what is happening or they need to add a votekick to their freakin server. I cannot stand this.

Isolation
20th August 2006, 06:10
Same thing happened to me today, but it was on an admin-free server. The TKer would say some crazy shit, and then say that the hidden was behind who he TKed. So, most of the other players decided to just have fun and blast him every round, followed with a "OMG! Teh Hidden was right behind you!"

Actually, it was pretty fun to watch...

Fluffy
20th August 2006, 07:16
problem is there are auto-banning servers all over the place. two of them banned me after i tked him three times. all because he woudlnt leave me alone after i told him to f**k off...

something else on a wild tangent... most servers wont actually kill me when tk protection is chosen to slay me. anyone know why this is? i thought it might have had something to do with the fact that my steam id never reamains constant (dont know why it does this, but its annoying when trying to set myself up as an admin on my own server)

MiasmicAnomie
20th August 2006, 08:07
I am sick of all of these admins kicking for this.

It's not GA, but on DEADCLAN, you're still going to get kicked for it. I kick anyone involved in situations like that.

Paegus
20th August 2006, 11:02
i was playing a while back when i... dun dun dun... heard a noise. forgetting that the radar doesn't actually work, i turned, fired, hit this guy (blacla or something) once and instantly "o shit sry"ed. never the less he turns around and shoots me a few times. so i says "wtf i said sorry". he then turns back around and kills me. for three rounds after that he follows me around TDing periodically. knowing that revenge TKing is bad i tried to ignore him but his persistence was getting annoying. he only killed me twice that map though so i couldn't get the third slap to auto-ban him and the other guy he killed doesn't seem to understand the whole "press escape and click slap" concept. they really need to add a client-execed toggleconsole or cancelselect to when the TK menu comes up so players are physically presented with the options. anyway when i saw him jump on the edge (of discovery) i just couldn't resist so hit him once knocking him overboard... he didn't get banned until the next map when i shottied him by accident and he spawn-killed me in revenge... but slaps don't accumulate across-map so an admin who'd joined that map did it.

Cain
20th August 2006, 14:30
The same thing happened to me on Goblin Army a while ago. Instead of revenge killing I made a demo and stuck around for them to tw me a few more round. Then, I went and posted it along with there steam id's on the GA forum. As far as I know they got temp banned. I'm not certain if the guy actually teamwounding me got banned, but another guy who was acting like an asshole during the demo did. I ran into him on another server and he mentioned it.

Felf
20th August 2006, 16:12
So many servers say "don't retaliate". It's as simple as that. Swallow your pride, take a demo, they'll be banned.

Faron
20th August 2006, 20:57
Someone tell me what happened to "reflect" when shooting a teammate? Did this get lost in the new versions or do servers just don't enable it anymore?

Pan the Goat God
20th August 2006, 21:13
So many servers say "don't retaliate". It's as simple as that. Swallow your pride, take a demo, they'll be banned.

Thank you.

Do.Not.Retaliate.

1, it looks bad on any demos that ARE being taken, and 2 it makes it hard for us to make a decision whether or not you should get banned for the same thing the guy you just killed got banned for.

Daedalus
21st August 2006, 21:13
Someone tell me what happened to "reflect" when shooting a teammate? Did this get lost in the new versions or do servers just don't enable it anymore?

It's really hard to change mp_friendlyfire from 1 to 2.

Also it would be freaking hilarious for the hidden. :D

Paegus
21st August 2006, 21:38
well if damage reflection is used, the weighting penalty for team-damage should be nerfed... because it carries with it its own penalties.

Isolation
21st August 2006, 21:44
Nah... even attempted team wound/team killers need to be punished.

Even with FF off, I'll still kick assholes who go around trying to shoot people.

K. GoBlin
5th September 2006, 14:41
Little late on this, but if anyone has a problem with TK'ers on the GA server, you can take SS of the console logs if you don't want to go through the hassle of a demo. Usually that's enough to prove if someone's being a nuisance.
Also if you go on our forums, the members listed as admins have AIM. You can contact an admin on AIM and notify them of the problem and they can handle it via HLSW. There's almost always at least one admin on 24/7.

We don't have admins regularly monitoring our server from in-game because not too many members play HS. I mainly put the server up to support the HS community, so if the Mani plugin doesn't do its' job, you'll have to resort to what's posted above to take care of problems.