PDA

View Full Version : I got a demo, and I suspect DX exploits!

Zabiela
11th August 2006, 00:58
Im sorry to say this pumahawk but I really think you use DX exploits after spectating you today.
I met Pumahawk a while ago and we were ok friends, but i heard a couple complaints about him when iris, and when we played together today he was winning every other iris round and dying every other hidden round, winning often at the very beginning of the round too.

So I spectated and recorded demos...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=541E7FCE6538CEC0

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A017EA42597367D2

Remember to watch it with mat_wireframe 1 and with that off.

Pumahawk
11th August 2006, 03:53
Did you say DX exploit is where my DirectX is low? Because I have DirectX9c, I think the newest version... And isn't it required for the game? If I'm wrong then what is a DX eploit?

Paegus
11th August 2006, 10:05
on initial impressions i'd happily ban him for cheating. but it's not a dx7/bhs exploit. if it's actually what i think it is then it'll work in whatever dxlevel it's set it to work in.

Korittke
11th August 2006, 10:28
The second demo is pretty harsh. Pumahawk, maybe you could send a screenshot or two or your hidden? Maybe you're getting a transparent one, I don't know. Without mat_wireframe I don't think anyone would have seen him that accurately. By DX "exploit" I think he means that you force the engine to run on a low DX level like DirectX 7 which isn't capable of shaders so that Hidden's partial invisibility is approximated by transparency.

Pumahawk
11th August 2006, 10:46
on initial impressions i'd happily ban him for cheating. but it's not a dx7/bhs exploit. if it's actually what i think it is then it'll work in whatever dxlevel it's set it to work in.

What do you think it is and what's a bhs exploit?

Paegus
11th August 2006, 12:26
bhs = black hidden syndrome

Isolation
11th August 2006, 19:16
Other, more easy-to-use exploits exist. The dev team knows quite well what it is, and it has nothing to do with DX levels.

Dr.SharK
11th August 2006, 19:30
Other, more easy-to-use exploits exist. The dev team knows quite well what it is, and it has nothing to do with DX levels.

*insert creepy orchestral music here*

Paegus
11th August 2006, 20:20

are they the ones involving a certain file that valve seems determined not to fix?

e: for apparent lack of ambiguity...

edit°
11th August 2006, 20:26
why would you even point in the vaguest directions as to what it could be on a public forum :confused: :rolleyes: christ!

Paegus
11th August 2006, 20:36
because anyone who knows about it already knows about it and anyone who doesn't probably wont find it.

it's bad enough suffering through the whole 'security through obscurity' crap as it is...

edit it if you like.

Isolation
11th August 2006, 21:50
There's totally stealth (for now) ways of cheating. Let's leave it at that.

Zabiela
11th August 2006, 22:23
I agree the first one may have been luck, but every time he lost as hidden he would win the next iris round during the first hidden attack.

Paegus
11th August 2006, 22:28
the first one is either sheer luck or a blantant wallhack. with mat_wireframe you can see him tracking and positioning to get a line of fire as the hidden comes around the right corner of the ship.

MiasmicAnomie
11th August 2006, 22:53
He's banned from DC based on this as well as a couple of demos I took today.

the first one is either sheer luck or a blantant wallhack. with mat_wireframe you can see him tracking and positioning to get a line of fire as the hidden comes around the right corner of the ship.

It's a blatant wallhack. Watch him at the start of both demos - he's staring at the side of the containers. I don't know about you, but I sure as hell don't stay in spawn, looking at walls two feet in front of me, to find the hidden ... ;)

Pumahawk
11th August 2006, 23:47
Do you guys realize there's wallhacks in this game from just console commands? I'm not giving the commands away unless it's to server admins so they can block the commands... If they can... And I have seen horrible hacks and no one cries about the people using them, just me. They just assume that because the hacker is good as hidden he must be good as iris too.

The.ViruS
11th August 2006, 23:48
Dont you need sv_cheats enabled though?

Isolation
11th August 2006, 23:49
Short answer: No.

Pumahawk
11th August 2006, 23:50
Dont you need sv_cheats enabled though?

For mat_normals 1 and mat_wireframe 1 you do, but those aren't needed.

starstriker1
11th August 2006, 23:54
Do you guys realize there's wallhacks in this game from just console commands? I'm not giving the commands away unless it's to server admins so they can block the commands... If they can... And I have seen horrible hacks and no one cries about the people using them, just me. They just assume that because the hacker is good as hidden he must be good as iris too.

If you find an exploit, please send it to the dev team. They can deal with them.

Also, if someone is an extremely good IRIS and a bad hidden, that's merely a warning sign. Anyone who's been playing for a while can spot a cheater because it's always obvious when it's happening. Repeated freak shots and seeing a target where they shouldn't are good tipoffs.

No one tolerates cheaters here.

Pumahawk
11th August 2006, 23:56
My first day I was a really good IRIS, and of coarse sucked as hidden. So people said I cheated, the reason why I was a good IRIS though is because I play CS:S... I didn't cheat...

MiasmicAnomie
12th August 2006, 00:14
I didn't cheat...

Cry me a river. Demos don't lie - cheaters do.

In both of those demos, you're sitting about two feet away from the containers, with the containers blocking your view, and as soon as a hidden is visible using mat_wireframe, you line yourself up, move to get the container out of the way, and shoot.

Whether the commands you used were available in the console or not, you were cheating. That makes you a cheater, end of story - to pretend otherwise, here in the forums, just reinforces my suspicions regarding what kind of person you are.

Hint: People who aren't cheaters won't use something that would give them wallhack even if we, the dev team, broadcast what the commands were and said 'Use them if you like'. That is not being a cheater. That is having integrity - something I don't see exhibited in your case.

Zabiela
12th August 2006, 01:09

In both of those demos, you're sitting about two feet away from the containers, with the containers blocking your view, and as soon as a hidden is visible using mat_wireframe, you line yourself up, move to get the container out of the way, and shoot.

Whether the commands you used were available in the console or not, you were cheating. That makes you a cheater, end of story - to pretend otherwise, here in the forums, just reinforces my suspicions regarding what kind of person you are.

Hint: People who aren't cheaters won't use something that would give them wallhack even if we, the dev team, broadcast what the commands were and said 'Use them if you like'. That is not being a cheater. That is having integrity - something I don't see exhibited in your case.

"Pumahawk: Hey THC noone gives a shit about your thread."

ORLY?

Thx miasmic.

Pumahawk
12th August 2006, 03:56
It took a while... LOL mat_wireframe 1!! I get like 1-4 fps when I use that, I would suck!

starstriker1
12th August 2006, 05:33
Its a cheat command, and server admins use it to detect wallhackers.

Whatever you were doing, Miasmics description sounds like you were using a wallhack as well as something to see the hidden easier, or something that did both. BOTH actions are considered cheating:

Also, playing CS doesn't give you ANY advantage in Hidden, period. Hidden requires the playing of mind games and the ability to track a slight refraction at high speeds... an ability that is only LEARNED after a great deal of play. You can say all you want about twitch reflexes, but my experience shows that playing hidden helps CS play, not the other way around.

Pumahawk
12th August 2006, 07:37
Playing CS does help... Instead of just staring forward I look around a lot, and THC I remember you agreeing that no one cares when I first said it.

Pumahawk
12th August 2006, 07:38

O yea... I cheated on my first game for sure...

Irras
12th August 2006, 18:06
Because sarcasm is such a good way to get ahead around here after being banned.

Zabiela
12th August 2006, 22:19
Playing CS does help... Instead of just staring forward I look around a lot.

Oh yeah. Looking around alot is the best way to not see the hidden. If you really want to convince us your hidden looks the same take a screenshot of him. Anyway by the demos it not only looks like you see the hidden differently, but you can also track him behind walls, which ull prolly disable for a screenshot.

The.ViruS
12th August 2006, 23:00
If that was your first game on hidden then just killing him like that is fucking amazing. I should take my hat off....but I wont as it takes at least a week to become competant when you first start off. Then its only as IRIS.
A friend plays it over my house and hes a great IRIS but not so good at hidden. Id say cheater. I didnt even see the hidden coming for you and I can see it from near and far easy as my eyes are now used to looking for the slightest waver in a texture. You definatley knew he was coming. Also you moved like I did when I wall hacked on CSS. moving slightyley looking around a bit to try not be obvioues then when hes in range shoot him.

-SM-SUCKER
12th August 2006, 23:16
Perfect wallhack or similar. Great demo material, and the best thing is he doesn't want to get banned, meaning he will surely have problems finding any good servers in the future... Have fun playing on shit servers with other lowlifes like you...

Pumahawk
13th August 2006, 01:30
I run into hackers all the time and people just say their good, and there on good servers too so what are you talking about?

Pumahawk
13th August 2006, 01:32
EDIT: Removed

Scuzzy
13th August 2006, 03:04
Very nice demo. Considering the demo and his forum response he's been added to the OT ban list.

Scuzzy

Pumahawk
13th August 2006, 03:54
Scuzzy']Very nice demo. Considering the demo and his forum response he's been added to the OT ban list.

Scuzzy

I don't even know what server that is...

Here you go.

******************;*******************

Use it on Discovery or Train, block it in your servers.

Boxy EDIT: Dont post exploits please, PM a dev.

starstriker1
13th August 2006, 04:25
You just simultaneously admitting to cheating and publicly posted an exploit for every would-be pain-in-the-ass to peruse at leasure.

Pumahawk
13th August 2006, 05:18
You just simultaneously admitting to cheating and publicly posted an exploit for every would-be pain-in-the-ass to peruse at leasure.

Huh?? Are you guys fucking retarded? So many people cheat in this game... Mabye I shouldn't post this so it won't get blocked so I can keep using it. I'm pretty sure a lot of you use it, so don't bitch when it gets blocked.

Dan(Jimmeh.Hunter)
13th August 2006, 06:14
I have never heard of this exploit. Why do people keep messing around in the console?

Pumahawk
13th August 2006, 07:28
Ahhh yes, I forgot to expliain how I found this... Well you see, this was real close to my default for some reason, so I pretty much had it to begin with. ************ ;************* Should be default and it should be forced. In CS:S you can't change it unless sv_cheats is 1, I guess they were smart about it.

Boxy EDIT: Dont post console exploits, PM a dev!

-=Radiator=-
13th August 2006, 08:21
i had a look at these demos too, and how u tracked the hidden, i think u use more then this exploit! and generally, that u posted it publically in the forums was for sure a really BAD idea. now all newbies begin to wallhack with these shit cmds :( and u say "block it on ur servers" fine, but how to? i dont know how i can block it, maybe u wanna tell me that :p

Pumahawk
13th August 2006, 08:32
i had a look at these demos too, and how u tracked the hidden, i think u use more then this exploit! and generally, that u posted it publically in the forums was for sure a really BAD idea. now all newbies begin to wallhack with these shit cmds :( and u say "block it on ur servers" fine, but how to? i dont know how i can block it, maybe u wanna tell me that :p

Well a lot of servers blocked the restart round exploit, so I hope they can block this, or just make it so you need sv_cheats to be on like in CS:S, and you gotta beleive me I didn't use any other exploits, I don't think there are any other console commands that can do anything bad like this though.

-=Radiator=-
13th August 2006, 08:37
to make it an sv_cheats cmd u need to edit the game files, i think, im not sure so far. and i know its possible to block them like the restartound exploit, but i dont have any plugins which work in hidden. or can u disable cmds with mani too? i tried cvarx as a metamod version, but i wasnt able to configurate it...:rolleyes:

Paegus
13th August 2006, 08:38
cvarx might actually be of some use but i don't know what this purely console method uses so i can't test it out i'm afraid. the other way of doing it could easily be fixed by valve if they'd get off their collective arses and extract the needed digits.

-=Radiator=-
13th August 2006, 08:46
i ask myself if anyone know how the cmds gets blocked on smokey's, its a simple plugin, i actually dont know which one, but when we have to wait until valve fix it, these ppl got enough time to lame on servers...

Paegus
13th August 2006, 08:52
smokey's uses cvarx. it says right in console when you try to use the command. you wording implies that the plugin actually works to prevent the console command method... true or false?

-=Radiator=-
13th August 2006, 09:02
i dont remember so well what stand there right in console... long time ago i saw that smokeys server can block cmds... cvarx too...? then im gonna try it again, maybe i just was too stupid to configurate it right :D

€dit: got cvarx finally up and running on my server now too, and blocked this new exploit :)

Scuzzy
13th August 2006, 15:41
I don't even know what server that is...

It doesn't matter if you know what are our servers are. We know you. :)

http://www.oldtimersclan.com/players/pumahawk.htm

Thanks,
Scuzzy

Pumahawk
13th August 2006, 20:42
Scuzzy']It doesn't matter if you know what are our servers are. We know you. :)

http://www.oldtimersclan.com/players/pumahawk.htm

Thanks,
Scuzzy

What's the name of the server? Hmm mabye I should just cheat and pretend I don't like everyone else.

Dan(Jimmeh.Hunter)
13th August 2006, 20:54
Are you saying many of the good hidden player on these fourms are cheaters?

Scuzzy
13th August 2006, 21:17
What's the name of the server? Hmm mabye I should just cheat and pretend I don't like everyone else.

You've already been there, that's the point. :) And as for pretending to cheat, you don't need to, the demo shows you can "act" like you're cheating fairly well already.

Scuzzy

Pan the Goat God
13th August 2006, 22:40

By now you're banned from half the servers, nobody likes you, go back to CS.

Dan(Jimmeh.Hunter)
13th August 2006, 23:11
I love you. That was beutiful.

Zabiela
14th August 2006, 01:38
Woot!

So do I get a point?

hutch
14th August 2006, 01:41
Woot!

So do I get a point?
yes, two as a matter of fact.

Pumahawk
14th August 2006, 04:43

Ha, lol I sure am banned from half the servers... Is that a joke? Why do you only care about me when I run into numerous hackers everyday, is it because I'm the only one who posted a cheat on the forum? Well not really a cheat, it's just two fucking console commands... God you guys are fucking idiots.

hutch
14th August 2006, 05:06
Ha, lol I sure am banned from half the servers... Is that a joke? Why do you only care about me when I run into numerous hackers everyday, is it because I'm the only one who posted a cheat on the forum? Well not really a cheat, it's just two fucking console commands... God you guys are fucking idiots.
God hates you, someone call the wahmbulance this babys going to lose it.

Pumahawk
14th August 2006, 05:54
God hates you, someone call the wahmbulance this babys going to lose it.

No shit god hates me.

Paegus
14th August 2006, 09:20

while it is thoroughly amusing, no it's not really a joke.
it's not that you 'posted a cheat' on the forum that makes anyone take a passing interest. it's that you were foolish enough to obviously cheat ingame with someone obviously watching you. then when presented with the bloody knife you lie about it, all but admitted to it and effectively came across as saying: if they can cheat and get away with it, why can't i?

the general feeling here would be: go away... before you get banned from the forums as well.

Ging
14th August 2006, 09:36
Well not really a cheat, it's just two fucking console commands... God you guys are fucking idiots.

Two console commands that give you an unfair advantage, hmm, some might call that, oh, what's the term again... Oh yeah, cheating!

Now, how about we appreciate the fact that by cheating and admitting to such, you've just restricted access to a fair few servers - and you are, rapidly, losing your welcome here at the forums.

The.ViruS
15th August 2006, 12:49
rapidly, losing your welcome here at the forums.
By the way some people are going on, that point has gone and theyre getting read to burn him at the stake.

Posting console commands is lame to give an unfair advantage.

Pumahawk
20th August 2006, 03:11
By the way some people are going on, that point has gone and theyre getting read to burn him at the stake.

Posting console commands is lame to give an unfair advantage.

So is your hacking.

Zabiela
20th August 2006, 03:16
So is your hacking.

You arent allowed to say shit, you hacker. Get a demo or STFU!

Pumahawk
20th August 2006, 03:17
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=5993

I used 2 fucking console commands and he's been VAC banned many times, i bet if i said I was VAC banned all of you would crap your pants and start going crazy.

Zabiela
20th August 2006, 03:23
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=5993

I used 2 fucking console commands and he's been VAC banned many times, i bet if i said I was VAC banned all of you would crap your pants and start going crazy.

Dude this thread is about YOU HACKING and YOU WERE CAUGHT. I dont give a fuck about other people, quit trying to blame them and bring them into this.

Pumahawk
20th August 2006, 03:23
Dude this thread is about YOU HACKING and YOU WERE CAUGHT. I dont give a fuck about other people, quit trying to blame them and bring them into this.

Why does it have to be all about me?

Pumahawk
20th August 2006, 03:24
Ugh forget this I don't even know why I'm posting it's not like I'm banned from anything at all and there's no reason to post so w/e I don't really even know why you THC even posted this...

Sir. Sniper
20th August 2006, 08:23
Cause, Your a cheating faggot.

TheMorris
20th August 2006, 17:53
Conlich, I wouldn't be talking, I have a 5-6 minute long demo of you that shows you also have a wallhack/BHS. And the major server admins have it.

hutch
20th August 2006, 18:19
Conlich, I wouldn't be talking, I have a 5-6 minute long demo of you that shows you also have a wallhack/BHS. And the major server admins have it.
They are everywhere........

Zabiela
21st August 2006, 00:04

Morris, is this guy banned from FNFC?

TheMorris
21st August 2006, 00:54
Morris, is this guy banned from FNFC?
Yes he is.

Or at least I belive so.

Ging
21st August 2006, 01:30
I'm deeply impressed at the size of this thread and the number of views it has received... I should delete it or something before it gets out of hand and becomes self-aware.

QReaper
21st August 2006, 01:41
Can threads become Egregoires?

Demented
21st August 2006, 01:57
I'm not sure if you mean 'egregious' or 'gregarious', but the latter is much more fun. You could also be attempting to speak french.

QReaper
21st August 2006, 02:03
It's a term used in Servitor/Golem creation in various forms of ceremonial magick, mostly Chaos Magickans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egregore

Paegus
21st August 2006, 02:06
Egregious: Conspicuously bad or offensive?

but that makes a barrel of sense as well...

e: or that...

@Ging
just kill it now while you can... before it mutates and begins consuming all jaffa cakes in the vicinity of the viewing monitors.

Ging
21st August 2006, 02:07
But, I'd like it to consume all jaffa cakes... Jaffa cakes are evil!

Paegus
21st August 2006, 02:12
yeah but what happens when it runs out of cakes? what do you think it'll move onto next?

twinkies probably...

Demented
21st August 2006, 02:19
I keep reading this thread as "I got a demo, and I suspect foul play".

If a thread can become an egregore, it's doubtless one of those "Bump" threads. If you're unfamiliar with them (and by admitting that you are, you admit that you are the internet's evolutionary equivalent to a cro-magnon), they operate under two principles.

1. If you see the thread, you must post in it.
2. If you post in the thread, you must add "bump".

Naturally, they get big very quickly. On Blizzard forums, they also get locked very quickly.