PDA

View Full Version : Deadclan - Possible exploiter

Isolation
7th August 2006, 07:00
So, I've been lying low lately, been TRYING to get my map finished. Bored, I popped into Deadclan (1 I think). Soon as I join, I see a couple players complaining about someone else... "texture exploiter" was a phrase used. I get Hidden, and the exploiter in question picks me out of the air... then he, as hidden, dies. Next guy... picked out of the air, etc... this guy then claims to be using a mat_ command, only because he had a crap PC. He added that this command does not really make it easier to see The Hidden. Since I was under an alias, I gave it a try to see if it was anything like another command exploit. Here's what I got:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9757/8bithighrisebabyao8.th.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8bithighrisebabyao8.jpg)

Holy 8-Bit, Batman! It was like playing Wolfenstein. Oh, and the Hidden is totally invisible in this mode... no way in hell could someone snipe him out of the air, let alone ever even see him.

I left, fixed my settings and rejoined under a not-really-that-secret alias and recorded a demo. It's not the best demo in the word, and like the name of the demo, just makes the whole thing "questionable".

http://www.savefile.com/files/8123619

Since this is only SUSPECTED, I won't name names or give ID's (or mat_ commands, unless you're a dev). I status'd in the demo.

Demented
7th August 2006, 07:33
Hahah! Somebody's just gotta take a screenshot of playing the supermario map with that on.

Ging
7th August 2006, 09:16
Wow, that's an impressively useless mat_ exploit :D

neebo
7th August 2006, 16:29
Oh shit.. the news of Hidden for Atari was leaked.

waRp^
7th August 2006, 16:45
how high fps boost did you get

Isolation
7th August 2006, 20:51
Dunno about an FPS boost. Sure, it may have been smoother, but I think my eyes were bleeding...

I also just realized that two of the players involved with this incident (the one that caught it, the one in question) are members of the forums...

*Sigh* I'm just gonna go over... here now.

Pumahawk
8th August 2006, 06:30
That person was me, and first you cried I was using strait hacks, then you say I have a bad computer and it's easier for me to see the hidden, then you say I was exploiting and you accused me of a lot of other crap. I rarely use that command and it barely if at all helps to see the hidden. It gives me a fps boost from 20 to 30. And FYI there are some servers that block that command and I don't really care if all of them did because I don't use it much.

Isolation
8th August 2006, 06:33
I said nothing. You're referring to Irras. I was quiet and just watched what was going on.

Pumahawk
8th August 2006, 06:35
Oh, sorry, well then that's what he said.

Irras
8th August 2006, 07:57
Sorry, I was rather losing my temper there, but I did not say anything about hacks. Just about everyone with a bad PC sees Mr. 617 with more clarity than anyone has a right to, and judging from how you were getting kills, and how relatively easy you died when you WERE the hidden, I could see no other possible explanation than that of you using an illegitimate texture, intentional or not.

I tried the mat_ command as well, and must agree with the whole completely invisible thing. However, when those HUGE blood-spurts of sprites and dust pop up, it makes looking at the hidden almost like looking at a fellow IRIS member.

I suppose I'm just getting very impatient about B5's release. Can't wait til lower-end cards won't be able to see Mr. 617.