PDA

View Full Version : Monk's House Hidden-Over Run

gliger
4th August 2006, 20:43
Here it is, i was playing over run on a server and i was camping, so i guess the admin got pissed and banded me.....WTF on over run the iris are trying to survive by any means necessary. And if you die by a camper when you are the hidden....you respawn. So....have i gotten the wrong idea of over run? If you were being hunted and one way to stay alive wouldn't you camp?

Paegus
4th August 2006, 22:06
if the admin wants you to 'play fair' instead of 'play to win' then so long as you are playing in a server that isn't your's you can either play the way the admin wants you to or s/he'll kick/ban you... it's not your server, you aren't paying for it.

corgan
4th August 2006, 22:16
I had no idea there were any overrun servers! I just made one of my own, it's only been up for 2 days. If you are Iris and camping seems fair to me, overrun is all about survival. The hidden has aura view so if they can't find you then they are just idiots.

Though as Paegus said, it's not your server, so the admin can do what they please. Though some server admin's are just ridiculous though, I've seen a person kicked for just saying "lag". That's it, one word, "lag", and the admin kicked him... and the funniest part was, the server WAS lagging (real bad!).

gliger
5th August 2006, 16:45
Ya exactly, suvival is the key but the admin abuseing his power just gets me mad.

Scuzzy
6th August 2006, 01:13
if the admin wants you to 'play fair' instead of 'play to win' then so long as you are playing in a server that isn't your's you can either play the way the admin wants you to or s/he'll kick/ban you... it's not your server, you aren't paying for it.

If I were an IRIS and all my friends had been slaughtered and turned into invisible creatures bent on killing me, I'd freaking hide. That's not playing to win... that's playing to stay alive... which seems like the point in that situation, game or not. :)

However, each admin has his own idea. I think forcing one guy to fight off 7 other invisible foes in broad daylight and banning him if he doesn't is just a bit off...

Scuzzy

gliger
6th August 2006, 06:45
ya scuzzy you cant say much more than that.

Isolation
6th August 2006, 07:45
However, rules are rules. Not EVERY IRIS member becomes a Hidden, which means some people are left spectating. Being forced to wait for one camper to either die or eat the timer up can get annoying, so a admin would be more likely to enforece any no camping rule, regardless of what gametype is being played.

I'd guess this is why overrun is being phased out, since it promotes camping more than it does team work... which is a shame, since back in B2a, me and some friends would play overrun as a team and lock the map down against the Hidden, resulting in no IRIS being killed.

Demented
6th August 2006, 08:36
Overrun needs overrun-based maps, where teamwork will help you survive more than camping. Maybe that could be the subject of the next mapping contest. *cross fingers*

That said, even a camper isn't going to make anyone wait longer than 15 seconds (by default) in overrun. It's the admin's prerogative on what should/shouldn't be done, of course, but camping is definitely less problematic in overrun than it is in normal hidden.

Unless it's the hidden camping. In which case someone can always kill himself.

-SM-SUCKER
6th August 2006, 16:42
Don't we all know the camping spot on derelict under the stairs, behind the red container? Without pigstick you can't move the container away fast enough. If he has a shotgun you won't even come near him. Those guys just suck.

Demented
6th August 2006, 20:45
If you're leet, you can hurl a 100-damage xbox at him. But only if you're leet.

-SM-SUCKER
6th August 2006, 20:58
But if he isn't dumb either he will get behind that container, not giving you a chance to do that or he just shoots the xbox with his shotgun...

Paegus
6th August 2006, 23:08
actually if you do a 100 damage xbox throw at the wheely bin itself you can move it and crush the bastard. it's not as straight forward as just pigsticking the bin and you wont get the kill for it anway but it's effective nonetheless and after having it done to them 3 times in a row they find a new spot.

gliger
7th August 2006, 01:44
well think about it if you were being hunted by hiddens and your going to be killed the only option is to camp but ya camping behind the red box is noobish. The only time i do that is on normal hidden and the hidden uses all of his frags on non campers like a fag/noob then i camp there to teach him a lesson on how to play the game fairly.

HeLLsLaYer
7th August 2006, 06:14
then i camp there to teach him a lesson on how to play the game fairly.
:eek:

gliger
7th August 2006, 16:52
=-)