PDA

View Full Version : Post "Hidden : Source BETA" bugs/issues

Boxy
14th June 2005, 01:14
Okay, with the release of the Beta almost upon us, I have cleaned out the bugs folder of all the old stuff and now ask that after some good play sessions that you may all prise yourselves away from the Hidden (just for a short while) to post any bugs or issues that you may have come across. Just to help cover ground we have already been over the team have already aware of the follwoing issues:

The animations can sometimes get out of sync with the player if hammered repeatedly. For example the shorgun reload sometimes misses shells on reloading, the kabar will sometimes not play the pig sticker move or the standard swipe,however it is rare and believe us it is DOING it in the code.
The last grenade the Hidden throws must be a 'tap' throw to work, do not cook it else it is not thrown.
Sometimes players joining a server late will be considered alive to the server even though they are not 'in game yet'. This can lead to the round not restarting even though the Hidden may have killed all Marines 'in game'. No need to report this, it has been fixed for the next update.
"Living" spectators can be killed by pipe bombs - this issue has been *resolved*, no need to continue reporting it.
The HUD can sometimes be mis positioned. This is a Source engine problem, and happens in CSS and HL2 as well. Try HUD_RELOADSCHEME to rectify, although results are not always satisfactory.
Players can see blood coming off the Hidden when they are watching the event, however the shooter cannot see blood spurts that they caused.
Occasionally the client will have a memory crash and will drop the player back to the desktop at any stage during map loading. Perservere, more often than not joining the same server a second time will connect with no problems.
Occasionally Dedicated server games will have a loss of ambient sound, although you proably wouldnt have noticed if I hadnt told you.

Ill more than likely try to add to this list as we go along, so we dont waste threads and threads going over old ground, but for now, if your bug is not on this list, post away, see who bites...

Kinetic
14th June 2005, 18:34
With the Release of the beta 1a, a new bug seems to have surfaced. There are a ton of rounds where the marines will spawn but no hidden will be picked. The only way around this bug is to changemaps or have the marines kill themselves. Please fix this bug as it happens a lot a ruins the play experience.

Tinfoil
14th June 2005, 19:02
I get a CTD when I try to join a server.

6088GT
win xp
2.8 ghz cpu

Vek
14th June 2005, 20:53
* You bounce around a lot nearby teammates when everyones running in a pack. Mods like CS-S don't do this to me.

* The pig sticker-animation bug happens *every single time* if you hammer it a lot. Especially on 150-200 ping server. Prediction code again.

* When the round starts, often there is no hidden, or he is already dead, but shows up as alive in the scoreboard, and the time has to run out before it will reset.

* It will choose some guy and not print his name in the scoreboard. Perhaps the last guy joining. I dunno. But there'll always be about 9 names visible, in a full 10 man server. if he is The Hidden, it looks like there is no hidden.

There are other various issues about selecting the hidden, etc.

Lethal Aims
15th June 2005, 10:02
A couple of times the round ended early with the Hidden winning even though there were marines still alive and plenty of time on the clock.

Agree with Vek about the pack bouncing about a lot. It is particularly awkward to get through the double doors. If the doors shut on you you get crazy map clipping until you re-open them.

After a map change marines who are slow to elect their class end-up sitting out that round. A little more time needed?

Think I had stuck looping ambient sound on one map.

I don't get to be the Hidden all the time. ;)

The.ViruS
15th June 2005, 16:00
For some reason when I select spectate next round im back on a IRIS team.

*fixed

bogie
16th June 2005, 21:29
The game fails to run with teamspeak running and comes up with an error. Exit teamspeak and it runs? Weird.

Have also found a bug where Hidden does not materialise so u are sat around waiting for the map to change and everything is reset.

Other than that its a fantastic mod. I think the hidden should have a machete rather than a pissy knife though and squad members need to be able to sprint to get out of sticky situations. Also how about the hidden being able to climb walls like a spider and throw stones and tins to distract players!!!

:eek:

NiceGuyEddie
17th June 2005, 09:11
Yeah this is true. For now, can I try and make people more aware of the console command 'kill'. Everyone can then suicide instead of waiting x number of minutes for the round to reset. This also obviously applies to when there's only the Hidden left in a round as well.

Kitty_Loaf
18th June 2005, 00:26
I found some other quirks.
You can't mute specific people's mic yet (man some people can get annoying)

If someone wants to put TK penalty on their server, it won't work because (it seems) that the hidden is actually a marine (when a marine kills a hidden, the next round the previous hidden can actually Kill, set a-flame, slap, etc. the current hidden).

Sometimes people spawn in the exact area they were standing in the previous round. This can prove pretty bad if the hidden is spawned inside the marine spawn (since the marine kills the hidden and moves into the spawn or something)

All i can come up with right now...

Kitty_Loaf
18th June 2005, 17:12
Also, sometimes the round ends prematurely and it says the hidden wins when there are still marines moving about, hell... i've won and then run up to a marine and danced in his face, iono if he still saw me though...

Phoenix
18th June 2005, 17:32
Is there any mod related reason why the Mani admin menu doesn't appear? The functions are accessable and stuff, but no menu appears. Prehaps a fix for Beta 2?

Kitty_Loaf
18th June 2005, 17:57
Is there any mod related reason why the Mani admin menu doesn't appear? The functions are accessable and stuff, but no menu appears. Prehaps a fix for Beta 2?

I think you press escape and it gives a menu

Anyways, just wondering... Why are the model's ragdoll effects so ridged? is it because of how the models were made or what? Nothing big, just something that will hopefully be fixed later on in future beta's

Ging
19th June 2005, 03:13
If Mani mod are using the new Server Plugin menu system than it will act quite differently from what was being used before and will indeed require escape to be pressed to access it... There's been a fair bit of discussion about that on the HL2Coders mailing list, not sure if anything useful came of it, I stopped reading them when they stopped being interesting / useful to me.

The ragdolls have certain constraints placed upon them, which at the moment are the same as those used for CSS / HL2 ragdolls - it's mainly to stop limbs getting into a complete mess.

wormeyman
29th June 2005, 19:04
The hidden can kill himself with a nade and remain the hidden, i'm pretty sure this can happened haven't reproduced it myself but i've seen it done once.

DeMoN_UK
2nd July 2005, 11:53
hi chaps first off wanna say what a great game this is but have found a new issue not sure if anyone else has had this but i was running an uncertified driver for my nvidia gfx card so i updated it to a windows certified one which is 7.7.7.2 i think since doing this the game tries to load after picking a server then gets to the loading screen then cuts off saying that the video settings have been reset to defaults after some time of the game doing this repeatedly it decides that that i need direct x 7.0 or higher now since i have direct x 9.0c this poses a problem my GFX card is a Nvidia Gforce 5200 8x AGP the driver im using for that card is 7.7.7.2 which is the latest one any info would be most welcome or if this is a bug that needs a fix i hope this helps

Cheers guys keep up the good work

Perfectionist
2nd July 2005, 12:25
Really you shouldve looked through other posts bud or tried a few things in the forum search or posted a new post as this post is a basic forum summary of the most recent bugs, as far as i can tell and your gcard problem has been discussed before n doesnt really come into it

Basically in the end your gonna need a new gcard anyways.. ive had a 5200 and now have an oc'd ati 9200.. to be able to see the hidden your gonna have to set the shader to high.. this will make you lose about 10 - 20 fps meaning on maps like executive your gonna end up running round with about 9 fps.. the cards 'hardware' needs to be able to run at direct x9.. even though you have directx 9c installed your cards only capable of about 8.1.. im investing in a 9700 for Ģ40 to carry on playing hidden i suggest you do the same as old gcards just cant handle the new games nowadays

DeMoN_UK
4th July 2005, 09:35
well i could see the hidden no probs with this card and the fps never been a problem only now with the new drivers are the issue but i will have alook threw the forums

Baxayaun
11th July 2005, 08:53
I don't know if someone has said it yet, but the hidden can hear the voice conversation of the IRIS members... is this a bug? To improve the teamplay, experiment 617 shouldn't hear any voice conversation... true? ^^'

Osiris
3rd August 2005, 15:15
Pipe bomb's dont do damage when they are thrown into water (sewers).

Countless pipebombs have exploded right next to me in that map, when im the water and have done no damage at all.

Ging
3rd August 2005, 15:57
That's the default action of all explosives, if they're submerged in water, they don't cause damage... We'll probably fix it up so it does some damage, but it's really not high on our list...

Osiris
3rd August 2005, 23:19
That's the default action of all explosives, if they're submerged in water, they don't cause damage... We'll probably fix it up so it does some damage, but it's really not high on our list...

As long as you are aware. I'm only complaining because sewers is already hardenough with marine's camping the hell out of it, ineffective grenades completley turns the map off.

moralt3nacity
23rd August 2005, 00:42
Sad enough as it is, my memory crash now requires a comp restart. Connecting a second time is so not an option, because each restart takes forever. I'm too scared to try again by the, say, fourth or fifth time. So I just moved on to the other mods for a little while. And seriously, he's right about the sewers. I just don't see why if the Marines are feeling some sort of obligation to camp out, why not just seal off one hallway, instead of the generator room? Are we just not smart enough to figure out the fact that it's impossible to infiltrate with 4 people at each end of a 4 foot wide tunnel?

RickyC
23rd August 2005, 00:47
alteration have been made to sewers so that camping in the generator room is now more difficult

Spike
24th August 2005, 16:53
My beta crashes when i try to connect to server :(. Dunno why it works fine on my other comp(Which is not fine atm).

starstriker1
24th August 2005, 17:24
Thats interesting... that you'd get the memory error on one computer but not the other. Out of curiosity, what are the specs on each computer?

lithcause
8th September 2005, 17:03
sometimes on the train map if you go to the bottom all the way to the wall, it seems like there is a concrete lip that you have to go around. :confused: also on some of the objects as hidden i have been pinned by the trash can and wall. :confused: another bug is too many ppl spawn togeather and it skips when you touch them. :mad: is there a way to make a minimim time limit on less than 5 players, but for each additional person adds 1 minute? :confused: It is hard to kill 10 people in 3 minutes. :( I also still have the problem of trying to get on to a server 2-6 times just to connect because of it crashing to desktop. :mad: :mad: one more question when is the real beta to be released??????? :) I love the game!!! my son and I are addicted emencly :D

-<<SyycK>>-
15th September 2005, 12:40
Sad enough as it is, my memory crash now requires a comp restart. Connecting a second time is so not an option, because each restart takes forever. I'm too scared to try again by the, say, fourth or fifth time. So I just moved on to the other mods for a little while. And seriously, he's right about the sewers. I just don't see why if the Marines are feeling some sort of obligation to camp out, why not just seal off one hallway, instead of the generator room? Are we just not smart enough to figure out the fact that it's impossible to infiltrate with 4 people at each end of a 4 foot wide tunnel?

Not impossible, imPROBible. But yes, sewers is a map in need of some serious balancing.

Merciless
17th September 2005, 23:57
im not sure if you would consider this major, sometimes, when i look at the playerlist with TAB some players dont show up. i can 100% confirm this becuase, once i didnt show up =)

also, a couple of days ago i saw an artifact. ill try and get a ps next time.

starstriker1
18th September 2005, 01:52
I've noticed that too. It was apparently fixed in this build, but its clearly still here. Fortunately, it happens too rarely to matter, and I suspect that it might have something to do with the way player joins are messing up in the current build...

Ging
18th September 2005, 09:47
I've noticed that too. It was apparently fixed in this build, but its clearly still here. Fortunately, it happens too rarely to matter, and I suspect that it might have something to do with the way player joins are messing up in the current build...

Nah, we've never fixed the player missing from the scoreboard, mainly because we're not sure why it happens - it only seems to happen on full servers, or at least servers with over 8 players.

edit°
18th September 2005, 10:46
I've had it happen with three of us in the server before now, just giving you the heads up.

Avantoll "Glock"
14th October 2005, 19:27
Now that beta2 is out, here is what i found(possibly itīs already known):

-wall grap is not working probably
-no secondary fire button for pinning people
-sometimes noone is assigned hidden, so the marines must kill themselves

Sil
14th October 2005, 20:08
Now that beta2 is out, here is what i found(possibly itīs already known):

-wall grap is not working probably
-no secondary fire button for pinning people

These two are probably you doing them wrong. Wallgrab: Make sure you've stamina left; aim at a wall while mid-air, press shift (while perpendicularly, or nigh to perpendicularly aimed at it.), and presto.

Secondary fire button -- make sure you've set your keys straight, aim at a wall with your crosshair on the limb (limb should be touching the wall)... Think that'll do it.

Avantoll "Glock"
15th October 2005, 10:28
ah, thx that worked for me :)

btw.: The manual says, if you kill a IRIS mamber you continue to be the hidden, right? But, when i kill one IRIS team always wins at the end of the round and randomly someone else is elected to be the hidden, is this a bug, or has it been changed from beta1 to beta2?

RickyC
15th October 2005, 10:47
Mostly likely a mix up when the manual was written. The last marine always gets to be the hidden on the next round regardless of whether they survived the hunt.

Avantoll "Glock"
15th October 2005, 14:03
I found another bug: Sometimes the pigsticker doesnt work probably. happened 5 times today, you can hit someone directly with the pigsticker and he dont die :( + sometimes the pigsticker doesnt even get activated when used the assigned key :(

RiPPeN
25th November 2005, 19:24
I found another bug: Sometimes the pigsticker doesnt work probably. happened 5 times today, you can hit someone directly with the pigsticker and he dont die :( + sometimes the pigsticker doesnt even get activated when used the assigned key :(

I believe that the pigsticker STILL gets activated but the animation does not... What I noticed works for me is, after i pigstick i slash with the knife and then pigstick again...

Hope that helps :rolleyes:

crackshot
5th December 2005, 21:23
Minor annoyance:

On playing the hidden in a LAN without internet connection, starting 'the hidden' takes ages. Is a connection to the net a requirement for this mod?
Steam is in Offline mode when this happens.

I've found that removing the lan cable from the back of the PC (temporarily cutting the lan connection) makes the mod start up much quicker.

Night Raider
7th December 2005, 14:40
-Highrise, when crouched in the water and the round starts again, the water sound effects keep playing until map change.

-hdn_discovery needs some more optimization, I can barely manage 25fps.

-Sometimes there is no Hidden when map change. A 15 second timer before starting the first round would probably fix this.

pissedoffmonkey
19th December 2005, 06:55
My hidden server seems to crash fairly often. I run the mani admin plugin, but it had issues even before that. This is on an otherwise plain vanilla b2a server. Just now I was playing stalkyard with a few others players. In the past it crashed on docks, executive and one of the ovr_ maps. The srcds.exe instance freezes but doesn't close and therefore the service doesn't reboot since it is technically still "running." Any ideas?

Ging
19th December 2005, 09:10
The only server crashes that I know of caused by the mod itself are caused by bad pointers (in general) so it'd completely crash out with a segmentation fault / invalid memory address.

pissedoffmonkey
19th December 2005, 20:14
The box runs other hl2 mod servers (hl2mp, hl2ctf, css, dods, etc) and while those might occassionally crash, they always reboot. The server gets restarted daily so I don't think it is a memory issue. Is mani-mod known to cause crashes?

GIGAR
29th December 2005, 19:13
The animations can sometimes get out of sync with the player if hammered repeatedly. For example the shorgun reload sometimes misses shells on reloading, the kabar will sometimes not play the pig sticker move or the standard swipe,however it is rare and believe us it is DOING it in the code.

This is NOT a rare thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Demented
29th December 2005, 19:17
Psh, details, details....

Never happens on my local server, though. Great for pigstabbing dozens of bots.

Sams Brumen
30th December 2005, 10:29
I have problems installing it.
The exact problem happens 62% through hdnmenu.wav
I have more than enough space to install it four times over.
Please help.

aaronlee
6th January 2006, 18:07
i'm kinda sure this is posted before but i'm gonna say it anyway, when a iris squa's close to a wall, if it's the primary fire kill (from hidden), the whole body goes into the wall, leaving only a bit out, then shortly after that, it just shoots straight into the wall...and disappears, similar with secondary fire apart from some bits manage to bounce off the wall, but most of them go through..

starstriker1
6th January 2006, 18:22
Thats been something I've NOTICED for a long time, but never thought to mention... I don't think anyone else has. O_o

Ging
6th January 2006, 18:52
There's a not a lot we can do about it, it's due to the coarseness of collision checks compared to the velocity the corpses move at. I've done the best I can to reduce it, it does now only happen the kill takes place right next to a wall, rather than 6 feet away (as it happened when we first introduced server side ragdolls into the codebase)

Sil
6th January 2006, 19:10
In sewers, about three hours ago (or so), I pounced into a round tube on the top of the wall in one of the twin rooms... See, what happened was that I hit the rim of the tube, and I got stuck. I mean stuck-stuck, couldn't move, had to guide the IRIS to me to allow them to kill me. (Could've suicided, but I didn't consider the option at the time.)

Getting stuck = usual issue?

Ging
6th January 2006, 19:43
I'm not sure what causes the sticking - it doesn't happen with reliable enough frequency for me to easily track it down. Though I assume it's to do with player velocities, angles and collision with the world.

Puzzlemaker
6th January 2006, 19:56
Its hilarious when it does happen, though.

It might be because of the speed that the hidden can pounce messes with the engine. I dunno, just a laymans idea.

Demented
6th January 2006, 20:10
Probably. It may have something to do with crouching and uncrouching while in midair as well. There's this on deathmatch map, dom_np_refinery, that has some a low ceiling and some struts, and they're very easy to get stuck in while doing crouch-bunny-jumping.

Iwannabehidden
11th January 2006, 01:23
whenever im hidden everything is all messed up and i cannot see its all blank
plz help.

Puzzlemaker
11th January 2006, 13:18
cl_hvision 0.

Use the search function.

Post in the right section.

Try updating your driver, ect.

GIGAR
10th March 2006, 12:30
(Sorry if you alredy know), but what about when you use the slash to kill someone...
It HAVE to work, or else you get your ass shot off...
I've tried several times, where i've hit an IRIS more than 3 times, and he didn't die... I know it's somthing about hitboxes, but it makes the slash suck if you can't "trust it"...

Ging
10th March 2006, 15:43
*sighs*

GIGAR
10th March 2006, 19:15
???

Night Raider
10th March 2006, 21:26
it's a hitbox problem. And frankly, the slash IS useful, as it leaves the IRIS body intact, therefore giving you food.

Sonic
11th March 2006, 03:42
it's a hitbox problem. And frankly, the slash IS useful, as it leaves the IRIS body intact, therefore giving you food.

But the happy meal NEVER comes with a toy...

mlam
12th March 2006, 13:20
Hi
I dont know if this problem is posted before. I couldnt find it on the board though.

If I start hidden and use the filters: like servers not full, is not password protected and has users playing. And minimize it all the selected will deselected.

I dont know if its a hidden problem but it doesnt happen if i use the steam server window.

M_C
12th March 2006, 16:07
It's a steam problem, it has nothing to do with hidden.

GIGAR
13th March 2006, 16:41

... but what good it that, if you have to use 5 slashes, and you realy only need 3?
God i hate steam...

Night Raider
13th March 2006, 19:15
Not steam, its a Source problem. but yes, the devs cannot do much about it.

M_C
13th March 2006, 19:20
I was replying to mlam. ;)

edit°
13th March 2006, 19:21
He was replying to GIGAR ;)

M_C
13th March 2006, 19:24
So was I, when I said I was replying to mlam. ;)

Night Raider
13th March 2006, 19:26
And now I'm replying to you ;)

Ok, that's enough.

Night Raider
28th April 2006, 22:20
Sorry for double-post (that last post has been there for a long time.)

Now, the first bug found for B3!

During a firefight agaisnt the hidden, I used the adrenaline shot and got killed by the Hidden. Then the round restarted and I still had the effects of the adrenaline shot with the respawn. Minor problem, doesn't deserve it's own thread.

DeathsAngel34
30th April 2006, 19:55
ok, im running on a 3800+ X2 with 512mb of pc3200 memory and a 7800GT

i have a problem with surveillance in certain maps, like sewers... when the iris are still alive and enter a room, i cant see them on the camera... when theyre in hallways, though, i can see them fine... if theyre dead, i can see the bodies, whether or not theyre being dragged

im also having a random crashing error... B2a didnt do this to me, and im wondering what it is...it happens when i die as the hidden (very rarely) and when i become the hidden (more often)

-deathsangel34-

Letranger
1st May 2006, 00:18
Hello, sorry it was already reported, hope it get fixed soon. (or hotfix)

I don't know if it as already been posted :

Random Hidden mode bug

After a map change the server can make the hidden someone who didn't finish his loading, making the round start without him.

It can also happen if someone join at the end of a round and get the Hidden character. The round will still begin without hidden to hunt.

People will have to kill themself, or wait 6 minutes so a new round begin.

Night Raider
1st May 2006, 02:26
A few new bugs;

Sometimes for reasons unknown, people can keep firing after they have already killed the Hidden. has happened to me twice and it didn't stop until I left the server (Not even a map change removed it.)

The soundscapes in hdn_executive and hdn_derelict do not work. They work the first round, and then the map becomes silent. Not even the fire in derelict make a sound.

Naib
1st May 2006, 02:44
A minor bug:

Your hand and weapon do not show again after you finish climbing a ladder as the hidden. Swapping weapons return them

scratch
2nd May 2006, 11:35
Minor bugs:

When time runs out (30 secs left or so), the font color of the timer becomes red. In the next round (no map change), the font color is still red although there is plenty of time left (just noticed this once, so could be a random issue).

Sometimes you can rotate the static spectator cameras. Think this has something to do with watching a player in fps view the previous round, then die the next round and being switched to static camera view. But i like the cameras being rotatable: How about making them rotatable anyway?

Major bug:

Already mentioned, but getting stuck on other players is annoying. I've noticed the same thing on big counterstrike source servers (UKCS for example) - sometimes it happens that you spawn at about the same position as a team mate does. Then you have to duck and jump and move until both players are "free". They are not really stuck, they are glued to each other. Could be related to a physics engine issue.

K. GoBlin
2nd May 2006, 13:52
Major bug:

Already mentioned, but getting stuck on other players is annoying. I've noticed the same thing on big counterstrike source servers (UKCS for example) - sometimes it happens that you spawn at about the same position as a team mate does. Then you have to duck and jump and move until both players are "free". They are not really stuck, they are glued to each other. Could be related to a physics engine issue.
Do you know at what tick the server's running? I have seen reports of similar issues on other HL2 based games with server running ticks over 66. Not sure if that's the cause, but thought I might throw that in there.

The Laughing Man
2nd May 2006, 14:12
what is a tick?

K. GoBlin
2nd May 2006, 15:43
Eh, roughly, processes/calculations run by the server to check for changes on the server. (That's a real rough explanation) Anyway, I don't think there's a way for a non-admin to tell what the server's tickrate is, but if an admin has Mani installed, I believe the admin can type ma_tick in console to find what the tickrate of the server is currently set to. The default is set to 33.

scratch
3rd May 2006, 16:38
Do you know at what tick the server's running? I have seen reports of similar issues on other HL2 based games with server running ticks over 66. Not sure if that's the cause, but thought I might throw that in there.

Tick rate of the UKCS servers is 66. But the problem isn't exactly the same as it's a spawn point issue on big servers. The outcome is the same though.

Some more issues:

When suiciding on hdn_traindepot the screen goes black for the rest of the round.

The map hdn_stalkyard is quite laggy, especially at start of the round. I believe it has something to do with misplaced spawn points.

The sonic trip alarms can only be placed when you do not hit the primary fire key before you try to deploy it: Choose the trip alarm, hit primary fire when not near a wall, then go to a wall and hit primary fire again to deploy it. This won't work, you have to switch to a weapon and back to the trip alarm again to be able to place it.

Letranger
7th May 2006, 21:29
When you die from falling, you get a black screen and can't see trough camera or other iris members eyes.

DaSexCPikle
10th May 2006, 06:33
My the hidden constantly crashes every 20 minutes max.
I often get an average of 3 or 4 minutes play before it crashes unless I'm lucky. when it crashes, it says that datacache.dll is the problem. since I know nothing on the subject I was hoping you could help.

it mostly happens when I kill the hidden or spec someone killing the hidden, not always though. I think thats just a coincodence cos it still happens when I'm not speccing anyone or just sitting in the corner or walking.

I don't know what datacache.dll is, I'm not all smartly like that, but all my other hl2 mods work perfectly.

hutch
10th May 2006, 06:49
My the hidden constantly crashes every 20 minutes max.
I often get an average of 3 or 4 minutes play before it crashes unless I'm lucky. when it crashes, it says that datacache.dll is the problem. since I know nothing on the subject I was hoping you could help.

it mostly happens when I kill the hidden or spec someone killing the hidden, not always though. I think thats just a coincodence cos it still happens when I'm not speccing anyone or just sitting in the corner or walking.

I don't know what datacache.dll is, I'm not all smartly like that, but all my other hl2 mods work perfectly.
wonderful for posting a bug, but mate....there are guys who will eat your innards if you don't use the search feature ;) oh and welcome to the best place on the net :D

Das_Boot
11th May 2006, 09:11
Annoying bug when sub. 617, I will get shifted about 1 foot to the right whenever I try to pounce. Gets annoying when I try and pigstick/pounce at same time then I'm moved to the right and miss.

Reiter
11th May 2006, 09:24
Annoying bug when sub.

Sub? What do you mean? And is this on one server or several? Give us a little more detail if you can.

Ging
11th May 2006, 09:39
When he's subject 617 :p

You're moved to the right? No reason for that to happen at all... Do you have a high ping to the server?

Reiter
11th May 2006, 09:42
When he's subject 617 :p

Oh... well, now it makes sense. Sorry. Certain kinky terms come to mind that will not be discussed here. But yeah, give us the servers your playing on and what your average latency is. It does seem a little wierd that it would always be to the right. Other things I would check:

Just make sure your binds aren't crossed with the secondary fire, ie strafe right and secondary fire aren't on the same bind.

Watch your hand if you're right clicking to pigstick. Because you're pressing right, perhaps your whole hand moves. In that case, get a trackball.

KroniK
11th May 2006, 16:39
Ok, first I gotta suck up, because this game is very very cool. But whenever I play there's an error that boots me out of the game whenever 617 is killed and I can see him die...but it has never happened when I kill him. Maybe it's a different bug with incredibly great timing, but the console usually has trouble loading textures before my game crashes. Re-Joining the server doesn't tend to help either.

I've had the same problem with G-Mod, unexplained game crashes. But I really enjoy this game, and would like to continue playing. But the game is against me :(

***FIXED, Thanks Ging!!!

Ging
11th May 2006, 16:44
take a look at this:

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=4443

We'll be releasing an update in the next few weeks that fixes up several little issues.

scratch
15th May 2006, 08:14
Take a look at the font color of the timer. Happens sometimes when the previous round goes below 30 secs and font color changes to red.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/8056/hdnhighrise00014za.th.jpg (http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdnhighrise00014za.jpg)

Reiter
15th May 2006, 09:04
Hmm, interesting. Anyone else get this problem?

Humor
15th May 2006, 15:45
Hmm, interesting. Anyone else get this problem?

Yes, often and I do not see it as a problem.:)

WatchMaker
25th May 2006, 05:05
Some times your weapon does not re-appear after you climb a ladder using the "ladder" texture.

KrazyWolf
4th June 2006, 20:20
I tried both things you guys recommended and now I can't see hidden at all. I can't even see my nightvision when I turn it on and as well as when I zoom in, I don't have that sniper vision, It just zooms in the screen and nothing else.

My specs are:

Laptop
CPU: Pentium 4 HT 3.00 GHZ
RAM: 896MB
Graphics Card: 128MB shared Mobility Radeon 9000/9100 IGP Series (Omega 3.8.221)

Please let me know if I did something wrong in the following:

First thing i tried was copying these files:

hr_model_teaurn_earlgrey_dudv.vtf
hr_model_teaurn_earlgrey_dx7.vmt
hr_model_teaurn_earlgrey.vmt
hr_model_teaurn_earlgrey.vtf

from hidden\materials\models\executive to hidden\materials\models\manor.

Than in steam>hidden>properties>set launch options I added this coding EXACTLY:

-heapsize 512000 +exec mytweaks.cfg -console -dxlevel 80 OR 81

Am I suppose to leave out a certain thing in order for it work? Because when I launch Hidden and pull up my console it says 'couldn't execute mytweaks.cfg' I don't know what the problem is because I put it in /Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods/hidden/cfg. I copied the codes provided:

bindtoggle z cl_showfps 2
cl_forcepreload 1
sv_forcepreload 1
cl_smooth 0
cl_ragdoll_collide 1
r_fastzreject -1
r_decals 1000
r_maxmodeldecal 25
r_waterforceexpensive 0
mat_compressedtextures 1
mat_bumpmap 0
mat_specular 0

And saved it as 'mytweaks.cfg'. It stayed a notepad file though may this be the problem?

In the in-game setup I have everything on * except the shader quality which is set to high like ordered.`

Please help someone! This game is awsome and I really want to game!!

scratch
7th June 2006, 20:52
Just some lighting errors you guys have to fix for the next release.

hdn_highrise
http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/5549/hdnhighrise00003lc.th.jpg (http://img450.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdnhighrise00003lc.jpg)

hdn_stalkyard
http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1076/hdnstalkyard00105rj.th.jpg (http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdnstalkyard00105rj.jpg)

Just place an info_lighting near these models and change the Lighting origin respectively.

Demented
7th June 2006, 21:17
Heh.

Some of the maps, like Sewers, need to be recompiled since they have no radiosity data, it seems. A remnant of that old since-fixed bug where the models don't get lit up by ambient light.

Ging
8th June 2006, 00:12
Just some lighting errors you guys have to fix for the next release.

have to fix?

Boxy
8th June 2006, 00:21
Some can be fixed, others cant. I dont have the vmf for Stalkers anymore, and decompiling gave...ugly results. At the time of making Stalkers (ooo, two odd years ago) I didnt know about info_lighting being a noob and all that so thats why someof my models arent lit well.

LoK!
20th June 2006, 22:02
[I have some issues with vertical synchronization activated (I have activated it since it gives a sharper image-output at the expense of the average framerate; since I'm not playing UT or another fastpaced shooter image quality is far more important than average FPS)

-The playerscore-menu won't show up properly when activated; it's wrong sized and almost fills the whole screen (I'm using a resolution of 1280x1024)

-The HUD also won't show up properly; the ammunition counter is wrong sized and somehow cut so that the correct number of remaining shots can't be read

-The game will crash at the end of the round when the new map should load]

UPDATE: It seems as if I had to shut Steam completely in order to get the vertical synchronization working correctly (I activated it while I was in the game already - maybe that's the reason for the resized HUD/playerscore-menu?!). The game also no longer crashes.

Fluffy
26th June 2006, 15:20
Lately i've been having problems with when i die as an IRIS member and press TAB to view the scores screen. if i press TAB right after i die (IE: the sounds for the hidden pigsticking me or slashing at me are still playing) the game will have problems and it appears to have a memory crash and drop out to the desktop. i just wanted to make this known as a problem because i do not know of anyone else having this problem.

SkaveRat
26th June 2006, 15:22
It's not because you're pressing TAB.

It seems to be one of the famous random crashes after dieing :/

Mitigator
9th July 2006, 03:10
It was working fine for me for a while...now all i get is "game temporarilly unavailable"....help...need fix...drug...

Kasim Slovak
22nd July 2006, 11:26
When u select assaulter class, change ur mind and select supporter class before u spawned, its impossible to select either P90 or LL303.
The result is a P90 after spawning.

Another thing that might not be a bug is, when u select ONLY the class and nothing else - default equipment seems to be nightvision (very useful:rolleyes:)

Third, i have a problem hitting IRIS when pouncing directly towards them with an immediate slash at them. Somehow its not registered or my ping (50 - 70ms) is still too high for such speedy attacks.

ADDED:
Sometimes can't install a sonic trip alert. Workaround: Switch to weapon and back --> works then.

Fluffy
28th July 2006, 00:08
I know this isnt a common issue, and is mostly me skipping thoughts before compiling, but if a hidden map is compiled without any info_spectator entities, it will cause the game to crash upon map load. i doubt there will be a serious reason behind fixing this error, but mostly should be brought to attention (by someone stupid enough to forget to add spectator entities)

Ging
28th July 2006, 00:15
yeah, we're aware of it - it's just not too high on our list of things to fix right now (because, as you said it's fairly rare and quick to fix at the mapper end)

Kasim Slovak
6th September 2006, 13:35
this happened twice or more: Player A kills Player B all alone, but Player C becomes hidden (on a weighted server!)

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8801/cheatqu3.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cheatqu3.jpg)

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3319/cheat2gw8.th.jpg (http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cheat2gw8.jpg)

bug?

BTW, this thing is annoying too:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8534/verbadluckma4.th.jpg (http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=verbadluckma4.jpg)
shouldn't u always become hidden, when maybe 85% and more?

Ging
6th September 2006, 14:10
shouldn't u always become hidden, when maybe 85% and more?

No - you always become hidden when you have 100%...

-SM-SUCKER
6th September 2006, 14:59
I know this "bug" when people don't become hidden. It can't be solved by the devs though...

It happens to people who aren't good at reading or translating english to their native tounge. Ask them to translate 'Fortfeit Hidden selection' and ask them why they checked it ! Helps a lot when this odd "bug" occurs :)

Kasim Slovak
6th September 2006, 15:16
No - you always become hidden when you have 100%...
that's a fact i know - i just dislike the random part when there are extreme differences in percentage like 1% wins over 99%
there are two sides:
1.) on the one side the 1% should have a chance to become hidden because u might not have been able to kill the hidden without his help
2.) on the other side, this damned bad luck gets me quite too often - *arrrrrrrrr* :)

Ging
6th September 2006, 17:44
No, you just notice it more often than you do when the same thing happens in your favour...

Demented
6th September 2006, 20:56
Unless he constantly gets 50% weighting or more, so he doesn't get to see what it's like on the other side of the fence. =P

zomg
2nd October 2006, 21:14
I've got an issue that seems pretty tricky to diagnose, and I've searched all over the forums with no luck.

Sometimes when I join a game my movement will "stutter" heavily, but my framerate remains constant (netgraph is reporting around 125fps solid) and my ping stays in the 50-90ms range. The animations for other players and world objects are totally smooth (for example, viewing through a security cam, or even if I just stand and watch someone walk by). It looks as if I were tapping "move forward" very quickly, complete with a jittering sound ("step step ste-ste-ste-ste-step"). It also seems to very in degree, because sometimes it will be a minor annoyance and other times it's almost unplayable.

I first thought it had to do with the number of players on the server, but sometimes I'll join a full game and it's smooth, other times it's jittery with two or three other people on the server.

Other Source Engine mods and games do not exhibit this behavior, and changing the detail settings doesn't seem to change anything.

System specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2 (this is a FRESH install, drivers are up to date)
Abit KN9 SLI
2gb DDR2 800
Athlon X2 4600 (AM2)
Radeon x1900xtx
Turtle Beach Riviera

Korittke
2nd October 2006, 21:23
I'm not sure if this has been said already, but since we're at weighted selection... it saves the weighting when you go spec and you can use that weighting in a later round by going back to IRIS. Is that intentional? Because I don't think it's very fair... Hiddens and situations change over the rounds that someone was spec, so if they missed their chance to become Hidden it's their fault. I noticed this a couple of time when I go spec for AFKage, then come back and become Hidden out of the blue, the console telling me I have a certain sub-100% chance of becoming Hidden.

And today I crashed once when I joined a new server (never happened before, but the symptoms were very similar to death crash). And I crashed once by changing team (wanting to go to spec).

Uncle_Rusher
1st November 2006, 10:53
First:Hi@all
I have found a bug (i don't know the bug is known)
If I am the hidden or I have a shotgun,sometimes the attack and reload animation doesn't works.For example I am the hidden and i want to pigstick an I.R.I.S:I press the button for pg and the knife doesn't move but the enemies dies.
This bug isn't hard but i hope that in the next beta he's gone away.

Ps:I am German so my english isn't very well

waRp^
1st November 2006, 13:03
in the next realease the ps will only be enabled if hidden have under 20 hp, so i dont think that it is a big problem

Kira Yamato
1st November 2006, 13:11
in the next realease the ps will only be enabled if hidden have under 20 hp, so i dont think that it is a big problem

Thats not what he means. He means when he reloads the shot gun, or tries to pig stick the animation doesn't happen. In the shot gun's case it doesn't reload either. This problem does need to be fixxed.

Paegus
1st November 2006, 13:55
it only reliably happens to the shotgun when it is empty. you press reload once and it goes to the start-reload animation but stops before loading any shells. you press reload again and it will start loading shells.

the knife animation playing bugs are numerous. sometimes the PS anim doesn't play. sometimes the slash anim doesn't play. sometimes when you pick something up and drop it (or it gets dropped) you don't get your knife back until you either switch to pipebomb or pick something else up and drop it.

just keep in mind... there's nothing wrong with the actual animations as they are completely separate from the what is triggering them... which is what is bugged.

killalott
13th November 2006, 19:57
To zomg (having stuttering probs)

I had same thing i think. Trying typing cl_smooth 0 into console. May help.
Its something to do with prediction, valve have an extensive page on networking on it.

OK - anyone know how to get around the pausing just before an explosion on origin map? Maybe covered in another thread but cant find anything.

Paegus
13th November 2006, 20:16
the next version will have the env_shakes removed

or you can remove them yourself...

[DooF]Hidden
21st February 2007, 00:21
I have Pictures, don't ask me how i can do that :rolleyes:

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5606/hdnstalkyard0005ym2.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5763/hdnstalkyard0004xf9.jpg

-SM-SUCKER
21st February 2007, 08:05
There are some secret holes which can be used to escape the IRIS squad. But the mappers didn't think anyone would find their backdoors so they didn't care to map those hideouts as well.
Only way to get back ingame is to kill yourself.

[DooF]Hidden
21st February 2007, 09:43
cool
thanks;)

Paegus
21st February 2007, 10:15
if you're admin you can noclip youself back in?

Quintes
3rd March 2007, 11:17
This is what i see, if i play with hidden...

http://www.uploadtemple.com/thumb/1172923584.jpg (http://www.uploadtemple.com/view.php/1172923584.jpg)

Please help, i looove this mod... PLEASE :P!

Swiss121
13th April 2007, 18:20
I found a bug I think. It might just be my comp being a slow ass. Anywho basicly if im dead of spectating the name of the person im looking through dosent come up for about a minute.

Paegus
13th April 2007, 18:25
known bug. and it only happens when you first connect. after you've spawned it goes away.

-SM-SUCKER
13th April 2007, 21:11
Checking the score board gives you the correct name immediately but you have to press tab everytime you change the player. Or just wait till you respawn...

Amerikan
10th June 2007, 22:52
sometimes you spawn inside other IRIS at the spawn point and there is no way out but to kill the marine your stuck in.

:confused:

-Silєηt-
10th June 2007, 23:33
or just crouch/hop/move around franticaly!!! that gets you out..

Grievous
11th August 2007, 21:10
I have a problem with the tutorial, each time I play it the engine stops responding or something like that. I haven't joined a game yet cause I wanna now how to play and not feel like a noob!!!

-SM-SUCKER
11th August 2007, 21:46
just use the search option and you will find the workaround. And welcome to the world of Hidden: Source

BlackLiger
31st December 2007, 11:55
Whether or not it's been reported, there is an infinate ammo bug with the pistol.

It results from firing a full clip of the pistol, then continuing to attempt to fire. After a couple of "no ammo" firings, you then get 255 rounds of ammunition.

I suspect somewhere in your code, it's still attempting to take rounds off even though the ammunition is now a negative number.

Paegus
31st December 2007, 14:09
Whether or not it's been reported, there is an infinate ammo bug with the pistol...

Search + pistol ammo = guy with infinite pistol ammo? o.o (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=9203&highlight=pistol+ammo)

though i'll grant you it was in the wrong forum.

anyway it seems to be caused by the server administrator altering the weapon's magazine size. so contact the server's admin and have them restore their script/weapon_whatever.txt file.

invader zim
1st February 2008, 17:16
im not sure if this bugs been reported yet but i get a movement judder alot when im moving. It will happen on any map and on any server, and its not a constant problem. Sometimes it goes away.

Basically when ever im moving my screen shakes and jumps kind of like having a really low frame rate (but my frame rate is ok when i check). I treat this as a bug because this is the only steam modification that it happens on. It never happens on CSS or dystopia. Im probs just going to try reinstalling the mod a few times but id like to know if anyone else has encountered this issue. It a pain because it makes it hard to see the hidden and hard to control the hidden.

TheOtherDante
1st February 2008, 18:09
cheack your ping and the in,out and choke vuales. for me it happens in those rare causes of extreme lag at the start of a round.

MrBone
8th February 2008, 11:16
Did a quick search but didn't find anything.

I sometimes (one out of 25 times maybe, not an accurate count) get booted when I die. That is at the exact moment I die, not a bit before, not a bit after.

My computer is stable running all other HL2 apps and other games, I rarely have trouble even though I'm using Vista 64.

Come to think about it, I think I'm facing towards the opponent when this happens. Not 100&#37; sure abut that but I'll note the next times.

Paegus
8th February 2008, 17:23
death crash... pretty common in several mods and games.

FFAF
4th March 2008, 12:18
When i pounce as 617 through the ventshafts on HDN_Stalkyard sometimes i fall through the map and i doesnt stop fallin until i type kill in the console to end it or leave the server.

Master of Puppets
4th March 2008, 20:03
Ye happens. But yard is remade for beta 5 as far as i know so should be fixed.

KillGen
5th March 2008, 16:01
mines the shotgun it wont reload so you have to keep tapping R its not my button some times it goes super quick though also when you fire you cant see it reload:confused:

FFAF
12th March 2008, 14:34
Sometimes when i stand close to someone and slash him i didnt hit him! And sometimes when i pounce into an enemy and slash him i hear that i hitting him, there is blood, but he is not loosing hp( i wasnt lagging, ping at 25 and my fps are in the 70&#180;s)!

Cheesey
12th March 2008, 14:55
It's a hitboxlag, on your PC you were close enough to the enemy, on the server not any more... I don't know exactly how it works, but everybody hates it :D

-SM-SUCKER
12th March 2008, 23:36
happens because your client thinks you hit him. Doens't want to wait for the confirmation from the server as it would take too long and would just sound/look odd. So your friendly client plays the client side sounds and shows the client side blood sprays etc. But the server never got it this way, server thinks you never hit and doesn't tell your "victim" to loose health. That's why you don't hear the "slashed person" moan in agony.
You could just say that your client guessed wrong. He lied to you!! :)

FFAF
13th March 2008, 11:47
Damn my Client is tooo friendly, any suggestions to make him more evil:D?

Paegus
13th March 2008, 12:52
you used to be able to turn the client side prediction off but in their infinite wisdom they (valve) have disabled/broken it.

it used to be cl_lw for lag-wait... as in it waited for the server's confirmation. in source they changed it to cl_lagcompensate or something which worked for a brief while in the CS:S Beta but that no longer does anything. there's still cl_predict but turning that off has any number of other side effects like killnig your foostep sounds and making your gun sound like it fired twice and so on...

i used to play like that all the time as it gives you instant feedback on how much lag you really have even if it was a bit disjointed.

all in all :(

FFAF
14th March 2008, 16:42
Great, thank you Paegus!

Peacecamper
22nd March 2008, 20:35
I tried to host a dedicated server for a few friends of mine. It worked well until the mapchange to decay. My server crashes with a memory error. I tried again and got the same error.
And decay isn't the only map, at least one more causes this error, but I forgot which (changed the mapcircle and was afk when it chrashes, so no idea).

Any ideas?

h4mx0r
20th September 2008, 09:19
When in spectating because I'm dead or something, this usually occurs.

Basically, all the entities disappear. I can see the different camera angles, but all the entities, props and players all disappear. I'm left with a barren map to look at, and it's fairly boring to look at when you die early in a round. : /

I think I can still see the light from gun muzzle flashes, but I don't remember exactly.

Phaedrus
20th September 2008, 15:39
I tried to host a dedicated server for a few friends of mine. It worked well until the mapchange to decay. My server crashes with a memory error. I tried again and got the same error.
And decay isn't the only map, at least one more causes this error, but I forgot which (changed the mapcircle and was afk when it chrashes, so no idea).

Any ideas?

Decay and Origin are not currently supported for Windows servers because the HDR has not been properly implemented yet.

When in spectating because I'm dead or something, this usually occurs.

Basically, all the entities disappear. I can see the different camera angles, but all the entities, props and players all disappear. I'm left with a barren map to look at, and it's fairly boring to look at when you die early in a round. : /

I think I can still see the light from gun muzzle flashes, but I don't remember exactly.

This seems to happen sometimes after a huge lagspike. The only way to fix it is to reconnect.

Desreikken
14th October 2008, 19:26
I just downloaded the Beta 4b and installed the game, but whenever I start it up, it crashes every time after about a minute. Seems like the same amount of time each time. The only error message I get is Vista telling me that hl2 has stopped working.
Any thoughts?

_________
Vae Victus

Paegus
14th October 2008, 19:58
what is the name of the file you downloaded and are using to install it?

Desreikken
14th October 2008, 20:51
It's the first one on the download page- "Beta 4b Client Installer (174 MB) - From ModDB"

_________
Vae Victus

Chaoslee12
28th March 2009, 15:43
Me and my Girlfriend are new to the game we just started playing yesterday. Everytime she becomes the hidden her screen goes black as if she was blinded I was wondering if there was anything I can do to help her fix this problem.

Paegus
28th March 2009, 15:57
she needs to make sure her video card drivers are fully up to date or if they are then her video card is too outdated.

maarten1988
3rd April 2009, 23:10
i installed it and still i cant even play because the game doesnt get in the list of my steam games, i think its my steam account? mayb any settings in there that can help me out? i have this problem on both my laptop (vista) and desktop(xp) and all my friends could install and play just fine

-SM-SUCKER
3rd April 2009, 23:57
You need to have payed for at least one source game to get access to the source sdk. The free HL2: DM does not work.
Then you need to restart your steam client after installing Hidden:Source

maarten1988
4th April 2009, 08:50
i got lost planet doesnt that game count?
EDIT: oh ya i got that game with my grafx card :s
well...no hidden for me then :/

Paegus
4th April 2009, 12:31
you can pick up the full version of Half-Life 2 Deathmatch (steam://store/320) on steam of virtual pennies... was &#163;2.99/~US$4 last i checked.

with that game you get access to the Source SDK, the Source SDK Base and even the Orange Box's Source SDK Base so you can play any and all Source based mods. Rather worth it.

Lodarius
27th May 2009, 15:55
Hi i got a problem...

When i start H:S Beta 4b my pc freezes.

I started a thread at the technical support forum but no one replied.

Please help me... this game is good i want to play it!...

werme3000
17th January 2010, 18:43
i follow all the instructions on the install but it just wont come up and it does not show up in my source mod folder. my window explorer file finder cant find where it installed it :confused:.

Paegus
18th January 2010, 08:04
post the url to the file you're downloading.

and don't worry if your post disappears. it'll just need approval.

werme3000
18th January 2010, 18:31
http://files.moddb.com/8465/download-hidden-source-beta-4b/

werme3000
20th January 2010, 01:57
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/hidden-source-beta-4b id=s where 1 got it

werme3000
20th January 2010, 21:05
i got lost planet doesnt that game count?
EDIT: oh ya i got that game with my grafx card :s
well...no hidden for me then :/

even if it was not with your grafx card thats still not a source game. all source games are made by valve

and i got it from mod db using the link on hidden sources site

[TSAT]Flow
20th January 2010, 21:09
even if it was not with your grafx card thats still not a source game. all source games are made by valve

I think he doesn't care anymore...

werme3000
21st January 2010, 01:11

ok can some one please help me

WolfClaw
21st January 2010, 01:56
idk if solved or not, but when a bot dies of fall damage, he dies twice :S

[TSAT]Flow
21st January 2010, 05:18
post the url to the file you're downloading.

and don't worry if your post disappears. it'll just need approval.

This...

You're not supposed to play with bots, since they don't work anyway. I don't see how that would need fixing... :/

Paegus
21st January 2010, 07:48
http://files.moddb.com/8465/download-hidden-source-beta-4b/

hmm try downloading the server package in .zip format and then extract that to your .../Steam/StreamApps/SourceMods/ folder

http://www.hidden-source.com/downloads/hsb4b-full.zip and dont forget the hotfix http://www.hidden-source.com/downloads/hidden-beta4b1-server.zip

if that doesn't work then you don't have a source game or something.

afaik it's a quirk with my Black Screen of Death fix plugin. bots dies twice and spawn an extra corpse ragdoll to play with in the process

WolfClaw
22nd January 2010, 01:02
ok, was just makin sure it was known :]
are the bots going to be disabled in b5/next release

Paegus
22nd January 2010, 06:54
why would they be? they're barely enabled as is.

in fact it would be great if they were upgraded so their physics shadowed them properly instead of spawn camping. but that's a minor thing so meh.

WolfClaw
22nd January 2010, 08:49
Well, the bots are good for practising physkill sometimes. And it seems silly to have a broken feature, regardless of whether its meant to be used or not.

[TSAT]Flow
22nd January 2010, 10:44
Oh you have no idea how many "broken features" there are once you figure out how to work with the console... :rolleyes:

WolfClaw
22nd January 2010, 13:04
D=

[TSAT]Flow
22nd January 2010, 13:48
...It's not a broken feature, it's you doing stuff you're not supposed to... >.>

Ging
22nd January 2010, 16:59
Well, the bots are good for practising physkill sometimes. And it seems silly to have a broken feature, regardless of whether its meant to be used or not.

The bots are basically there to let mappers actually get into a map they've just compiled and want to run around, so no, they won't be disabled and probably not improved at any point (though I might get around to fixing the phys shadow issue)

skotosa
17th April 2012, 01:02
Had this happen to me.

Pure Virtual Function Called (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749)

More info (http://www.artima.com/cppsource/pure_virtual.html)

Xufe
20th September 2012, 19:29
At least on my Desktop PC:
Hidden crashes after hitting the windows key, right after yo usee the desktop. Hidden generally doesn't like getting alt tab causing a suicid of the game.

ro5490
17th December 2012, 17:31
Not sure if this is a bug or just a problem I have.

The night vision goggles wont do anything when I activate them, I hear the sound but no onscreen change?

LiquidPlatinum
28th December 2012, 23:00
After following the guidelines, doing everything correctly, the game wont launch in steam. even after restarting it.

mattu599
5th April 2013, 22:10
I don't know whats happening, i click ok to the terms and agreements, it installs, and it doesnt say that anything's wrong, but when i go into my steam library, it doesnt show anything like hidden

ado921
6th April 2013, 05:16
Check in your steamapps folder for a possible folder containing the game. If you do not know where that folder is located, go into Windows Search bar (should be upper right of any window that is letting you view your files) and search for Hidden, then search for Steamapps if that yields no results. If Hidden shows results, right click on one of the things that popped up, and click, "view containing folder" make sure it is somewhere in a folder called "hidden", and that the hidden folder is ONLY inside of Steamapps.

Haloreachbungie1
5th May 2013, 03:04
Sometimes about 1/10 of the time im playing the hidden I join a server. That 9/10 I have to restart my computer because it froze right when I join the game. Do you have a way to stop that?

kalapoola
15th August 2013, 12:25
hey dudes,i have a problem with beta 4b
when i try to find servers in the game it says:could not connect to master game server for servers list

HELP!!!!!

ado921
15th August 2013, 21:40
Can you connect to servers at all? Try joining a server through console or through a friend.

Does this only happen to Hidden? If it does, reinstalling the client and restarting your computer will fix most problems.