PDA

View Full Version : Post "Hidden : Source BETA" suggestions

Pages : [1] 2 3

Boxy
14th June 2005, 00:51
Okay, with the release of the Beta almost upon us, I have cleaned out the suggestions folder of all the old stuff and now ask that after some good play sessions that you may all prise yourselves away from the Hidden (just for a short while) to post any suggestions that you would like to see in future releases. Just to help cover ground we have already been over the team have already declared that Subject 617 will be unlikely to, if EVER:

Have ranged weapons such as sniper rifles, crossbows or throwing knives. (except of course for his pipebombs)
Become more visible in anyway such as flickering when shot or when attacking.
Have mid air pounce making a return.
Have a variety of grenades, such as paint/flash/smoke.
Become a beast or animal with claws, the Subject is a man, a messed up man.
Have a self destruct mode in a fashion similar to Predator.
Have any method of one hit kill other than the PS - Such as neck snapping / grabbing / anything else like it.
Ever have heat seeking nukes (or anything else along those lines)
The IRIS members will be unlikely to, if EVER:

Have any more weaponary.
Have chemical\paintbombs or any device such as IR equipment to aid visualising Subject 617.
Have melee weaponary such as a knife when ammo is depleted.
Have more ammo to start with than now.
Ill more than likely try to add to this list as we go along, so we dont waste threads and threads going over old ground, but for now, if your suggestion is not on this list, post away, see who bites...

RaideR
14th June 2005, 01:02
I would LOVE some form of game mode that could be used in a team tactical outlay. One it which clans could play against each other. This would increase the mods "sellablilty".

Even if this game mode is a simple Team Survivor Type match, 5x617(only one plays at a time) v 5 mariens. then swap after like 10 rounds.

That would open it all up really well. I know the TDM current mode is the primary goal for the mod, and that it should stay, but im sure there would be many people being interested in playing the game on a competative basis.

Would be a nice option to give the community

wiggle987
15th June 2005, 12:12
Here are a couple of my suggestions;

-Add a slight view jar when the hidden hits someone with the knife, like when you hit one of the friendly npcs with your crowbar in hl2 sp, it would make the knife feel a bit more powerful, with more *omph*
-Custom weapons sounds would be nice, even though they are hard to come by, it just makes that leap away from the SDK defaults a little bit further.
-Soundscapes in the maps, please add them, they will give much more atmosphere and depth to them, because sewers without echoes seems weird.. Hell, I'd even write the scripts for you guys based off the noises I hear from the Ambient_generic sounds.
-617's hands make him look like a drug addict, maybe make the fingers less boney? Just a suggestion.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, but rest assured I'll come up with more. :D

Skyreaper
15th June 2005, 12:18
-617's hands make him look like a drug addict, maybe make the fingers less boney? Just a suggestion.
I think they have pumped enough stuff into the poor bastard to make a drug addict vomit. Besides, I kinda like it. Though on my comp the hands a funky and shine like he has put some oil on them.

kenny87
15th June 2005, 17:42
with possible exception of a rifle such as FN2000.
:D

As for my suggestion, I would like the doors on Executive to not close automatically. I want this for 2 reasons:
1. The door closing blocks off an escape route
2. It makes it very hard to stealthfully get inside the central office where the marines like to camp.

Boxy
15th June 2005, 17:44
If the doors dont shut the area portals that they use will always be open, this means a LARGE portion of the map will be drawn to ALL players, and Executive will be even more of a FPS robber than it is now! There used to be no doors there, as a rule we do not like doors in MP maps, its no no, but to keep fps up we had to place doors in that utilise area portals. Sorry...

wiggle987
15th June 2005, 18:02
I forget how to do it, but couldn't you make the doors reopen if someone walks into them whilst they are closing?

Wendigo
15th June 2005, 18:13
copy/pasted form another of my posts

more violence,,

innovative ways to kill as the hidden:

here are my ideas:

i think in an earlier edition the hidden could hang the marines? bring that back..

throwing knives...

the AIDS pen...works as a throwing knife (a pen filled with aid infested blood...decreases 1 hp per second) -i might get a lot of shit for that...oh well...

carving...

decapitation (although because of current times, this might not be good)

cutting off arms and legs...

machete

VIOLENCE!!!

kenny87
15th June 2005, 18:53
First post of this thread said: NO ranged weapons for the hidden.

Round 2:
-Map changes at the end of the round, not in the middle of it. Like NS.

-Add a bit more power to the hiddens leap. I seem to be doing about half the distance (and that's with me looking at a 45+ degree angle up) I was doing in the taster by jump-leaping.
Is it possible to make it so the hidden can only leap once in the air, and then has to land on solid ground in order to leap again? This would allow jump-leaping to remain but would remove mid-air-leaping/flying.

Demented
15th June 2005, 21:12
A note on areaportals:

They do vis-culling EVEN WHEN OPEN.
Sorry I'm so loud, but I absolutely must dispell this myth.

1. Areaportals calculate what leaves you can and cannot see through them, and stop the rendering of those leaves. (Whereas normally, you may see leaves that the current leaf can see, but you personally can't.) In maps with awkward leaf-structure, areaportals can help by this alone.
2. They will also cull models not seen through them, and won't draw world faces not facing you.
3. If you're not looking at an areaportal, i.e. it's off the screen, it won't render anything behind it, which is almost as good as it being closed. (Still a small cpu hit, because the portal is calculating what leaves you can see, but in practice, I doubt it'd be noticeable on anything faster than a 633.)

:D

Hence, the doors CAN be left open. Weee! In conjunction with hint brushes (to take advantage of point 1), well, you can do the rest.

Boxy
15th June 2005, 22:14
The area portals are turned on when the doors are shut, and get turned off when they are open. With the doors open more often the world behind wil be drawn more often, leading to lower fps. You are right in what you say but having the doors open more often will affect fps, and Executive is a whore for most machines as it is...

ross131313
15th June 2005, 23:31
How would the hidden pinning up bodies be very useful? It could add to the spook factor, But beside that, What use does it serve?

Boxy
16th June 2005, 00:09
The pinning servers no use at all, other than possibly 'storing' bodies to feed on at a later time. It is basically in there becuase it would be f**k off cool to pin bodies up Predator style and spook/scare the remaining Marines...

Demented
16th June 2005, 03:42
On that note... what's wrong with a 617 taunt that can be heard across the map? I was thinking something along the lines of that whooping zombie call from HL2. Might be useful for attracting marines or just making them edgy before you strike.

(That sound is actually a hunting call for a bull elk, according to the dev book.)

chuckybob
16th June 2005, 22:13
support for cards without pixel shaders!

if you use a semi-invisible rendering mode on the hidden's worldview texture on low-spec hardware, this should be do-able

Ging
16th June 2005, 23:23
support for cards without pixel shaders!

if you use a semi-invisible rendering mode on the hidden's worldview texture on low-spec hardware, this should be do-able

Of course, we might have tried that alread, but that seems to never even enter peoples thoughts before they post and complain about something they don't like...

chuckybob
17th June 2005, 20:45
what was wrong with the method?

Ging
17th June 2005, 23:05
It made the hidden far too visible, HL2 as far as we can tell cannot support an alpha'd *lit* model, instead we've had to make the hidden unlit and alpha'd, which made him glow nicely in dark areas (his favourite sort of place to hang out) - so we've dropped his alpha right down for the time being until we can find a suitable alternative.

Skamoni
18th June 2005, 01:03
Sorry if this has already been covered "you may admin slap me if it has" but if hidden kills a marine and turns him into a ragdoll, couldnt Hidden pick him up ("E") by a limb and stick him onto teh wall or anywhere.

It isnt a very tactically weapon/move, but it is mainly for atmosphere. Seeing my ex-teammate hanging above my spawn in an upsidedown-jesus-pose woulds scare the crap out of me.

BTW it is good to know that you have taken my flashgrenade into account ^.^

sprayer
18th June 2005, 07:33
Like Skamoni said, it would be awesome if you could drag the dead bodies everywhere. Like, see a room full of hanged marines..

Also, if it would be possible to change the clothes between the hidden and a dead marine, it would make the mod more exciting and harder.

Ging
18th June 2005, 12:46
Ok, seriously kids, search before you post, or even just read the manual that mentions it (I think)... I think this has been discussed a number of times now, it's in the next version...

kenny87
18th June 2005, 13:26
The game is called 'Hidden'

NOT 'Hitman'

I know the first 2 letters are the same, but the rest aren't.

-Ghost-
18th June 2005, 23:28
Will we ever see a flashlight for the Marines? This sort of falls under the IR and such categorey, but it would be a little more realistic. I doubt that people would normally descend into a dark sewer without some kind of lighting.

Ging
19th June 2005, 03:25
I'll re-enable the flashlight just as soon as we can get it to stop crashing the client with it on when they run it over the hiddens shader...

Scrash
22nd June 2005, 21:31
Well the marine-models actually do have a flashlight so it's strange if it wasn
't activated... I'm looking forward to the next release ;)

617 Hunter
22nd June 2005, 23:58
I like the dragging a joint using the e key idea. Usually, after a kill, the dead marine's teammates will think that the hidden will be nearby the body. However, the hidden can just drag it away into a vent, or a closet, or throw it into the water or off a cliff.

This could be accomplished by making a dragging animation and then have the hidden's hands latch onto a specific joint of the ragdoll right? (I have no idea wat im talking about code-wise but I think this can be accomplished).

Ging
23rd June 2005, 00:22
Right now, it follows the same process as picking up objects in HL2, your current weapon drops and the item moves with your view... Externally, there's no need to do a "pickup" animation for the hidden, as he's invisible :D

Chathurga
23rd June 2005, 00:27
Not to himself he isnt (lol why?)!

Ging
23rd June 2005, 00:29
Why's he not invisible to himself? Because it would look weird when you're playing. A techno babble reason is because he's blind and views the world by means other than with his eyes...

617 Hunter
23rd June 2005, 00:36
Yes! We're getting body dragging! *dance*

Kitty_Loaf
23rd June 2005, 01:15
if you could somehow make it so that you can throw the boddy, that would be awesome... pounce jumping then tossing a body at a marine, smacking him off something or hurting him XD

As you can see, i love violent attacks that send things flying in the air, that's why i love servers with the Phys_pushscale at 10, i pinned a guy against a wall with a vending machine in executive... it was so awesome.

Dark Soul
24th June 2005, 05:48
How about u make it so when u pin a person to somthing blood drips from him.it would look so cool to see 5 or so marines pinned to the ceiling and seeing blood driping from them.

And allso how about something that lets you hang or attach youself to the ceiling!
:cool:

Dark Soul
24th June 2005, 12:11
o ye and how about u make it so that the hidden can lay traps.that would be sweet.

and also how about u make the medic as the 3rd class.he can only use a pistol.but he can heal ppl and also he could revive them but it would take like 15 sec to revive some one and they would come back with 50HP.for each revive he would get one point.any u would only have about 10 to start reviveing them or they die. :D

and what if u can make it so when your under 50HP u move slower.that way you can have more strategy with the hidden and not just use bigstab all the time.So the normal stab would actually be useful and it would be scary to not be able to run oway from the hidden. :p

WaD
25th June 2005, 01:08
Why do you post this again?

And use the Edit button, theres a reason why its there.

Dark Soul
25th June 2005, 11:31
sry lol this was b4 and no one come here alot :/ so i made a thread.

Robby
28th June 2005, 11:09
I wanna see the addition of chicken launchers and the ability to draw blood moustaches on enemies!

Kidding...

I dunno, how about a "Commander class" who will be the only one with access to that "radar that shows IRIS postitions" thing. Would encourage more teamplay than having everyone with a radar. And maybe commander should be the highest scorer on the team or something. I dunno.

Daeth
29th June 2005, 03:14
So Ging,
I have a list of suggested things that I think would be cool in the new version, I do not claim them as my ideas.

Hidden can set traps
Hidden can have just one more grenade (please!) :)
Make the maps darker, they are too light. Hidden is too easily spotted.
Get some new maps (if you haven't already)
Have us be able to pick our model, why not?
That pinning marines in places, too cool. Do it.
Make the marines, if they are jumping around, slow down when the hit the ground.
When the Hidden dies, make his body fade back to visibility, and twitch or something.

Skyreaper
29th June 2005, 08:51
Hidden can set traps
Hidden can have just one more grenade (please!) :)
Make the maps darker, they are too light. Hidden is too easily spotted.
Get some new maps (if you haven't already)
Have us be able to pick our model, why not?
That pinning marines in places, too cool. Do it.
Make the marines, if they are jumping around, slow down when the hit the ground.
When the Hidden dies, make his body fade back to visibility, and twitch or something.
Allow me.
1. No. That's all I have to say about traps.
2. Not bad, but you can kill the whole marine team with two nades already.
3. Some say it's easy to spot, some say they can't spot him at all, hmm.
4. ...Words fail me
5. Not that important. May happen or not.
6. Being done, if I remember correctly.
7. Why not. I don't see much of a problem in this one. (bunnyhoppers beware)
8. Cute.

Robby
29th June 2005, 08:53
7. Why not. I don't see much of a problem in this one. (bunnyhoppers beware)

Damn...

mjsinpl
10th July 2005, 21:59
Hey everyone i have a suggestion for the hidden mod... i think it is best we keep the hidden with his current amount of invisibilty... however i think he is still spotted too easily... yet lets not change this.. my suggestion to you guys at hidden source would be to give the hidden a small amount of telekinetic power... not so much as to move an object but maybe enuff to simply nudge an object ... this wud be fun as it wud destract the other players thinking the hidden would be elsewhere.... it wud make the gameplay far more stealth like and kinda scary.... just an idea!!! :eek:

Bravo
10th July 2005, 22:03
hmmm, so he could like look at a crate then push "Enter" and it would nudge a bit, would be like the phys gun in hl2, but hidden & so less powerfulle.

smart idea.

mjsinpl
10th July 2005, 22:04
yes just a slight movement or some thing would bring a whole new dimension to the gameply and the all round feeling of the game... marines wud actually have no idea where to look...

DJ_Monkey_Pilot
11th July 2005, 20:59
I was thinking about CS:S maps... it would be a breeze to make Hidden-Source compatable with them, just make IRIS spawn where counter terrorists would and the Hidden spawn where the terrorists would... then maybe alternate rounds. Think of the amount of CS maps that would be suitable for this game.

Would this infringe copyright somehow?

starstriker1
12th July 2005, 03:54
I'd prefer not to play CS remakes. Besides, they'd need tons of work not to look like crap. Remember, they're optimized for people on the ground. If the hidden decides to pounce up to where no one would normally be able to get, he'll start seeing missing polygons. We've already seen this on the Ravenholm maps.

mjsinpl
12th July 2005, 08:35
good thinking there... its true. and plus i dont think the maps are suitable for for 617 and his abilites... he wud be spotted to easily as they are too confined...

DJ_Monkey_Pilot
13th July 2005, 00:23
I was talking about making the game compatable with the maps, not the other way around. So you just have to put CS maps in the Hidden:source map folder.

Demented
13th July 2005, 01:05
I was talking about making the game compatable with the maps, not the other way around. So you just have to put CS maps in the Hidden:source map folder.

Ummm... that's one h*** of a suggestion.

DJ_Monkey_Pilot
13th July 2005, 02:39
Yeah, I cant think of much that would need changing, just use the prefix of the cs maps to let the game know how to treat them.

yahoo
13th July 2005, 03:06
this is a good idea to be able to play css maps. some would suck but other might be good. assult could be fun in hidden i think, maybe to much camping the the vents but you have pipebombs.

css maps would be better to do this with than dm maps because ladders in hidden and css are the same while ladders in dm wont work.

G A B R I E L //
19th July 2005, 12:29
suggests for both parts.

1 ad some sort of ey paint gun like when you take grav gun on hl2 and shoot a paint can there comes paint at that spot. some sort of that thing.(new member with only that and pistol)

2 add so the "hidden" can pick up stuff and trow away (small things)(wont hurt)

3 add a more gore system like if the hidden is at the man he can cut hes guts all over the place.

4 add so he could puke (?) on you and that is like accid. so you have like 30 secs then you die.

5 add 5 picies of glas (big bits) that he can trow at the marins.

6 add so the hidden could (with gore system) cut of an arm leg or head of the man and trow it on somone later.

7 add so the hidden can climb "some" walls and stay there.

8 add so the hidden can jump like from one wall to the other on and then jump around the walls until he wants to stop.

9 add a better vision. on some maps you cant see the humans cuz of the darkness and fuzzyness.

10 add a new soldier with = stun gun grenades and a rifle

11 add a new soldier with = Revolver more health and a sleepin rifle(3 shells)

G A B R I E L //
19th July 2005, 12:30
this is a good idea to be able to play css maps. some would suck but other might be good. assult could be fun in hidden i think, maybe to much camping the the vents but you have pipebombs.

css maps would be better to do this with than dm maps because ladders in hidden and css are the same while ladders in dm wont work.

you can use them... i used Fy_farcry but the materials werent there so it looked a bit fukked up...

kenny87
19th July 2005, 13:13
suggests for both parts.

1 ad some sort of ey paint gun like when you take grav gun on hl2 and shoot a paint can there comes paint at that spot. some sort of that thing.(new member with only that and pistol)

3 add a more gore system like if the hidden is at the man he can cut hes guts all over the place.

4 add so he could puke (?) on you and that is like accid. so you have like 30 secs then you die.

6 add so the hidden could (with gore system) cut of an arm leg or head of the man and trow it on somone later.

8 add so the hidden can jump like from one wall to the other on and then jump around the walls until he wants to stop.

9 add a better vision. on some maps you cant see the humans cuz of the darkness and fuzzyness.

Par le vous Anglais?

G A B R I E L //
20th July 2005, 07:12
Par le vous Anglais?

what? french?

Skyreaper
20th July 2005, 08:25
suggests for both parts.

Must..resist..urge to.. laugh and..point..

Apart from 2,3 and 7,8 I am forced to give you a rather negative answer. Stickies are your friends, so is common sense and the search tool.

kenny87
20th July 2005, 12:18
what? french?
It means "Do you speak English"

I was taking the piss out of how garbled that post was.

ToOL
20th July 2005, 13:18
What about getting some proximity or Laser triggerd mines which the Marines could plant, the type of explosive could vary depending on if your a Shotgun or P90 Marine :) , just a suggestion.

BlindFate
20th July 2005, 20:02
I think mines are a no no, but I can honestly say I wouldnt mind cutting a leg off and beating a marine to death with it as the hidden... rofl

ToOL
21st July 2005, 14:59
lol yeah that would be quite amusing :D

Gusdor
21st July 2005, 16:02
been there, exploited that. Doesnt improve the game mode ;)

Night Raider
25th July 2005, 01:55

I think the two different IRIS configurations (shotgun and SMG) should have different handguns. Like, maybe the SMG class should have the 5-7 and the Shotgun class should have the FNP-9. That would mean that both configurations would have more differences between them, the SMG class would be to spray and have a large clip, and the Shotgun would be to give some hard stopping power.

FNP-9 http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg129-e.htm

Give the marines a slight sprint.

This sprint won't work like in games such as Battlefield 2 or HL2, instead it will be more like the Splinter Cell Multiplayer's ARGUS team sprint. When you hold the shift key as a mercenary, you move forward very fast and will keep moving until the animation completes. You can't turn, shoot your gun, or move sideways, this is only for moving as fast as you can in a straight line. Now, after the sprint ends, you move slow for about three seconds, which means that it also gets a drawback and most marines won't use it in a firefight with the hidden.

If you have ever played the Splinter Cell versus multiplayer, you will understand what I mean, but if you don't, then it might be somewhat hard to understand.

Shadowe
27th July 2005, 19:31
I like the gravgun idea, wouldn't be very useful in an offensive sense but as jumpy as peaple get playing this it could DEFINITELY mess someone up. Taking that a step further, why not let the hidden throw his distortion around too. If hidden didn't make you want to play with the lights on before it certainly would after that >)

I think it would be pretty easy to balance too, casting around like that must take some straining so there is bound to be a little feedback, extra distortion behind him and a little puff a dust whenever he pushes something.

Chuck!
30th July 2005, 23:50
1) Atleast 2 new weapons, one of which involved explosives.
2) Perhaps vehicles and/or structures
3) More Hidden Abilities
4) Rework of some models and animations
5) Methods of detecting the hidden
6) Different Game Modes

Thats a lot of stuff I know but even if you were to do one improvement the forget everything listed above. The one thing I really want is a reworked hitboxes and animations. Often times client side it will show me stabbing at someone and there is no registration at all. Other times I'll hit them with no animation. But I do very much enjoy your modification and look forward to future releases. :)

Ging
31st July 2005, 00:06
1) Atleast 2 new weapons, one of which involved explosives.
2) Perhaps vehicles and/or structures
3) More Hidden Abilities
4) Rework of some models and animations
5) Methods of detecting the hidden
6) Different Game Modes

1) Why 2 new weapons? Why explosives?

While we've thought about new weapons, further news of which will be appearing during the week, we have completely gotten rid of the idea of explosives, they just lead to tk's and camping...

2) The player limit and game style tends to restrict the usefulness of vehicles, I can't see that one happening! I'm not sure what sort of structures you're after, but I can't think of any that are immediately useful!

3) There's a fair few still in the bag, have some patience padawan, 617 is not at the height of his powers quite yet!

4) Which models and which animations? We can't do anything if you just say "some" - specify! More to the point, most of the models have recieved an overhaul since beta 1 - the character models having been redone completely.

5) No... Just no... As a team we've always been against any method of detecting the hidden, it will never happen while it's our mod!

6) We've got some plans for these, but don't expect anything for a while, we've got some more important things to focus on first!

Gusdor
31st July 2005, 02:23
5) No... Just no... As a team we've always been against any method of detecting the hidden, it will never happen while it's our mod!

I havnt, some may work. But it all depends on the gameplay style we are going for and the majority say no. It would be tough to sotp it breaknig the gameplay we currently have.

Incidently, i have to agree with Ging. Tell me what animations to fix and it shall be done

Ging
31st July 2005, 02:27
I havnt, some may work. But it all depends on the gameplay style we are going for and the majority say no. It would be tough to sotp it breaknig the gameplay we currently have.

Incidently, i have to agree with Ging. Tell me what animations to fix and it shall be done

Well, ok, everyone but Gus (so the ones that count!) have decided against anything that allows detection of the hidden... :p

Gusdor
31st July 2005, 02:39
Dammit, did i walk into that one or was it conjured from thin air with....mad skillz.

You know what i mean, there were some ideas that would play pretty well as a game, but the gameplay would be removed from our vision

Perfectionist
31st July 2005, 03:05
i... er... erm.. dont spose you'll be classing the hidden as bein on different team in the next release cus ive found another reason why whilst playing today.. lame idiots who zoom round the map to see where you are so they can start shouting out your location to the marines like "he's behing you John" and "look he's hiding in the corner on top of that box" so then all marines just aim in the corner n spray.

so that (ppl giving out locations).. tk'in and being able to punish the ones who are doing it on purpose else it means having ff off.. being able to teamspeak and have the option of all talk on or off so then if your the marines you can tell the team mate where youve just seen the hidden and then the hidden wont just bomb it outve his location cus he wouldnt have a clue.. and lastly when people join and choose there marine class it says 'Ghost joined shotgun class' or 'Ghost joined P90 class' instead of team unassigned

right i'll be quiet now

The Rogue Wolf
31st July 2005, 06:34
As much of a genetically-damaged mutant 617 has become, I think it would be interesting if he developed a limited healing ability. When on the brink of death, adrenaline causes his cells to quickly multiply and repair some of the damage he's taken- but physical exertion, such as moving or fighting, slows this ability.

In other words, when ol' seis-uno-siete gets down to about 15 health, he gains the ability to regenerate health slowly, until he returns to 35 health, beginning five seconds after the last time he took damage. However, while moving or fighting, the recovery rate is very slow- 1 health point every 2 seconds. But if 617 remains still, the rate shoots up to 3 points every 2 seconds.

Would this make the Hidden too powerful, able to just hide away and wait for the damage done to him to just disappear? I don't believe so. For one, 35 health isn't a lot, and it's seldom that the Hidden ever gets below 15 health and lives anyway. Also, the timer is against the Hidden; every second he spends waiting for his health to recover is a second off that clock. And a Hidden who isn't on the move is a Hidden waiting for a sharp-eyed Marine to stumble across him.

I think it's a small benefit to the Hidden as a last-gasp measure to help him survive against bad odds.

neebo
31st July 2005, 06:50
Trip wires, no not explosives, Just a wire you can play in a hallway side to side, or a door way, That when tripped will give you a audio or visual aid to let you know it's been tripped.. However, marines can trip the wire themselfs, making them more cautious to jump over it.

Shadowe
31st July 2005, 11:01
Much as i personally like razorwire and traps, i think that would just encourage marines to spam an area and wait for the hidden. It's like in stalkyard whenever a clumsy hidden taps a bottle and suddenly the entire team comes down on him like a coal scuttle full of tiny anvils.

No, if the marines get something like that then the hidden should be able to climb (at least somewhat) and stick as much as he wants to. Speaking of which, has the pouncing been smoothed out or is the hidden still a little unwieldy?

Chuck!
31st July 2005, 13:57
Well with the weapons reload the marine seems to be taking his sweet time to reload the pistol/P90. If you were in a tacticle team hunter a "hidden" would you spend 10 seconds loading your pistol or 2-3? :) The mod is a bit buggy and I actually found one that was quite fun. I was on a server and the round restarted and I became the hidden. Well for some reason or another someone else also became a hidden. So we had 2 hiddens running around owning people. It was pretty fun. But back to animations. The shotgun reload is a bit buggy, its like he doesnt reload fast enough and it skips the entire animation sometimes. Thats all I really see is the weapon animations. They need to be a bit faster and the client side needs to match up with the server side stuff (Wether or not you actually hit them) :)

But I must say your mod is quite impressive and very addictive. You guys already have a product for the players to experence unlike a lot of other mods. You guys are doing an awesome job! :D

Sil
31st July 2005, 14:10
They're slow to enhance the gameplay. I'd like to see the hands moving faster, but being more frantic, not reducing the time it takes to reload, but making it seem more realistic.
^^

Osiris
1st August 2005, 23:26
I know you state it over and over but please, PLEASE do not allow yourself to implement ranged-weapons for The Hidden. That would probably be the worst thing for this game.

I would always be very happy if marines could "walk", which would make it easier to hear the hidden, for crouch-walking is far too slow to be used effeciently.

[Like others have said:]Having The Hidden have a primal scream would scare the crap out of me and add a lot of atmosphere to the game.

[Again other's ideas aswell:] The ability to somehow hang dead marine's upside down and blood drip and collect underneath.

I'm a little skeptical about this one but I just want to throw it out there regardless, if The Hidden walks in a pool of blood, there would be a few feet of bloody footprints; which would only give the "position" away for a few seconds allowing the marines a split-time to see which direction The Hidden flew off into.

*EDIT*

Also could you include a stamina bar for The Hidden? I have been killed countless times becuase I couldn't pounce my way outta danger. And people who have played with me know I "enjoy" nading myself after realizing I can't leap out.

Skyreaper
2nd August 2005, 10:36
You can pounce all you want. Forget walking.

Ging
2nd August 2005, 10:45
Also could you include a stamina bar for The Hidden? I have been killed countless times becuase I couldn't pounce my way outta danger. And people who have played with me know I "enjoy" nading myself after realizing I can't leap out.

I'm not sure how a stamina bar would help your inability to pounce :p

Pouncing isn't governed by stamina, you just need to be on the floor for it to happen...

Osiris
2nd August 2005, 18:22
I'm not sure how a stamina bar would help your inability to pounce :p

Pouncing isn't governed by stamina, you just need to be on the floor for it to happen...

I read in the manual that it is 'goverend' by stamina only soon the realize that it is the manual for the next update, so I must have been pysching myself into thinking I am only allowed to pounce a certain ammount of times.

For future reference if there is stamina as started in the manual:

"the pounce is goverend by the Hidden's stamina, and a total of about four or five pounces is possible before the Hidden must rest"

**EDIT**

Alas another suggestion:

I'm all about getting the crap scared out of me when I play these kind of games.

When there is only 1 marine left, there should be a looping heartbeat sound and heavy breathing.

Another effect, would be the heartbeat line [the flatline before it turns...flat?] with some opacaity overlaying the screen a bit.

And the more the last maine shoots, the faster the heart beating and heavier breathing/eratic the beat line.

Sil
2nd August 2005, 21:38
When there is only 1 marine left, there should be a looping heartbeat sound and heavy breathing.

Another effect, would be the heartbeat line [the flatline before it turns...flat?] with some opacaity overlaying the screen a bit.

And the more the last maine shoots, the faster the heart beating and heavier breathing/eratic the beat line.
You get that effect if you put something in your ears and start hyperventilating.

M'self, I hold my breath whenever I squeeze a trigger, whether it's in a game or in real life. My dad, and his dad, and his dad, and so forth, were all hunters. Both me and my brother have always held our breath when firing a gun. =)

Ging
2nd August 2005, 21:49
I read in the manual that it is 'goverend' by stamina only soon the realize that it is the manual for the next update, so I must have been pysching myself into thinking I am only allowed to pounce a certain ammount of times.

The manual needs to be rewritten as it was done before we even released the initial taster as part of our design documents - it's in line to be done along with a quick start guide...

moush
3rd August 2005, 01:10
Perhaps making marines move slower or limp when they are low in health (20 or lower).

Also, maybe if a marine has been camping in the same spot for a while, the hidden could have some sort of heat vision of that camping marine so they could go after him. Or maybe it could be regulated on the time left in the round so the hidden could have a better chance of finding and killing campers. Not sure if it's possible but that could sure help against campers.

Osiris
3rd August 2005, 02:17
The manual needs to be rewritten as it was done before we even released the initial taster as part of our design documents - it's in line to be done along with a quick start guide...

Thanks for clearing that up.

Linkor
3rd August 2005, 02:32
Maybe a new game mode with teams.

Both teams got one hidden and and IRIS memebers. The mission for each team is to kill the other teams IRIS members (not the 617 if they dont whant too). This will create a hard situation for both the teams, since you both need to look out for your opposing teams hidden and the enemy Iris. At the same time, the team who loses its hidden will have a hard time, which makes it as a partial goal to kill the hidden.

Gangsta Monkey
4th August 2005, 18:38
[Again other's ideas aswell:] The ability to somehow hang dead marine's upside down and blood drip and collect underneath.

That won't work (from what I understand) Half Life doesn't support a moving water system. It was debated in G-mod weather it would be possible to have a water gun that could make lakes etc. The most you could probbably get with that I dea is using a rain texture coming from the body. (sorry if that is confusing I don't understant a quarter of it)

Demented
4th August 2005, 20:57
no, you don't. It's simply a matter of dropping a sprite and making a decal.

acid21
15th August 2005, 20:03
i like your mod and i came up with an ider if it is possible it might make the game a little more creepy every time the hidden walks past a light it flickers and then you can put flickering lights in just to scare ppl or have it so the solders get money the longer thay suvive so thay can buy things the next round stuff like a heat vision goggles or a sound senser that makes things loader or you can have a way of picking things up like a paint tins and throw it at the hidden like the hl2 thing with the zombies and the paint pots
1 more thing if you can do it make it so ppl that are wonded if he is shot or stabbed leaves a trail of dripping blood so if the hidden is shot and he gets away he leaves blood but if a solder is also wonded you might end up following his blood instead wow i am tierd from typing to much
get back to me if you like the idears my email is acid1@hotmail.co.uk

kenny87
15th August 2005, 20:55
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011l.gif

RickyC
15th August 2005, 20:58
i like your mod and i came up with an ider if it is possible it might make the game a little more creepy every time the hidden walks past a light it flickers and then you can put flickering lights in just to scare ppl or have it so the solders get money the longer thay suvive so thay can buy things the next round stuff like a heat vision goggles or a sound senser that makes things loader or you can have a way of picking things up like a paint tins and throw it at the hidden like the hl2 thing with the zombies and the paint pots
1 more thing if you can do it make it so ppl that are wonded if he is shot or stabbed leaves a trail of dripping blood so if the hidden is shot and he gets away he leaves blood but if a solder is also wonded you might end up following his blood instead wow i am tierd from typing to much
get back to me if you like the idears my email is acid1@hotmail.co.uk

I believe he was taking the piss but if he wasn't, i'll just have to let Hugo out for the day.

http://www.lemonzoo.com/_pic/jpg-yYyEyd.pic

TIME TO DIE!

|eDgE
16th August 2005, 06:16
How bout you put a minigame into spectator so you can play the other dead people with it while the campers waste ****ing 10 minutes and the noob hidden pouncing around like a girl into flower field seriously I'm sick of long and boring rounds. It's something the game should do without

[SWE]NingJare
17th August 2005, 14:57
I would like to have a game mode where one start as the hidden and when the hidden kills someone they resurrect as a hidden to, the game is over when everyone is a hidden or every hidden is killed. I think it would be really fun..:D And more people would get the chance to be the hidden. Some people arent good enough to kill the hidden and they never get to be the hidden and its too bad because its fun to be the hidden! :D

What do you guys think?? :D

Marv
17th August 2005, 15:41
This guy thinks that idea was already mentioned down the forum a bit.

The Druid
17th August 2005, 15:46
How bout you put a minigame into spectator so you can play the other dead people with it while the campers waste ****ing 10 minutes and the noob hidden pouncing around like a girl into flower field seriously I'm sick of long and boring rounds. It's something the game should do without

When we play here we usually have round timers of 5 mins... This stops 617 from being able to take his sweet time trying to stalk the marines. I know this because i am NOT particularly efficient as The Hidden but still have to try and get stuck in.

A 5 minute game is still more than enough time for the Hidden to kill the whole IRIS team; but also prevents those who fall early on from having to watch nothing happening, for ages.

I really dont understand why there are servers out there with timers of 10 mins or more, and i really really dont understand why servers are running with more than 9 player slots - good thing this won't be possible from beta 2 onwards! :D

-<<SyycK>>-
17th August 2005, 20:05
Just wondering wether not having a spectator / death chase-cam is part of the mod or a server setup. If it is part of the mod, will there ever be a spectator / death chase-cam thingy? Tracking the hidden with the ultra fast cam is so annoying... and if there IS a chase-cam inplemented, might wanna stop the dead marines from mic-chatting with the live ones...

-<<SyycK>>-

kenny87
17th August 2005, 20:48
I think there will be a specator chase cam in the next version, but you'll only be able to spec living marine.

Will we be able to spec from first person view though?

|eDgE
18th August 2005, 06:38
This is a question directed to the mod team.
Is there anything gonna be done on the ingame crosshairs?
And I retexture and reflect map your mods weapons?

-<<SyycK>>-
18th August 2005, 16:57
To edge: I saw some first person screens of beta 2 and it looked like they had proper cross-hairs. Hope this helps.

-<<SyycK>>-
If you kick a tiger in the ass you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth. - Tom Clancy

Boxy
18th August 2005, 17:25
Yes all custom crosshair action now my friend.

JonJonJon
19th August 2005, 12:03
Hey everyone i have a suggestion for the hidden mod... i think it is best we keep the hidden with his current amount of invisibilty... however i think he is still spotted too easily... yet lets not change this.. my suggestion to you guys at hidden source would be to give the hidden a small amount of telekinetic power... not so much as to move an object but maybe enuff to simply nudge an object ... this wud be fun as it wud destract the other players thinking the hidden would be elsewhere.... it wud make the gameplay far more stealth like and kinda scary.... just an idea!!! :eek:

This rocks my socks :P

so does the marines' walking ability. If people were in that situation with someone invisible able to go around killing people with ease then marines wouldnt run around unable to hear anything and see the hidden.

I think a more eerie feel must be brought into the game. Possibly some scary ambience in the maps increasing in places such as the sewers where it can echo as well. This sort of sound can also leave when the player is say spraying everywhere in a panic and return afterwards.....if he survives that is ;) :P.

flickering lights and sliiiiiiiightly darker maps ? :P

the commander having the radar is a pretty good idea

i like the fading back to visibility after death. Could be a flickering return to visibility with flashes of visibility getting more and more rapiduntil he stays visible.

hanging bodies is cool too ^_^

lol just thought of this but how about light switches around the map on executive. Only in certain places but it would mean the marines would panic and would have to rush to the switch to turn it back on. Could also be running into a trap :P. This would only turn off say the main lights in the corridors and partial light could still remain. Lights in a room could also start in the map off and this could be random in room as to whetehrr they are off or on or on or off or on :P.

just remembered that in spectator there is only one view and that is free view which is very difficult to use to follow the game and see what is happening. I would really like to be able to view from the perspective of the marines and possibly set views in the top corners of rooms maybe edited to look like a cctv camera view (grayscalewith fuzzing lines going up and down the screen) and you could switch through them or set it to follow one marine and it switches through all of the cameras viewing him. Following one marine around the facility and spotting the hidden creeping up behind him to kill him would be cool.
maybe get rid of the free view and replace it with these views of the rooms and marine following?
maybe a spectator team added and only in this can you view the hidden in these ways. This would remove the aspect of people revealing the hiddens position but allow people to enjoy the hiddens pov of the game. Filming with Fraps or other such programs would be fun to do with various different camera angles and perspectives.

Lock N' Load
22nd August 2005, 05:18
My suggestions that aren't in thread forum.
Change the view for 617 so it feels like you are looking around with your mind? But it would have to be compatable with low level graphics cards or self they'd be blind.
Add an assault rifle class that'd use the F2000 and the Mk3s pistol. But the damamge system to make this even(30 bullets or 50 bullets that do the same damage?) would need to be re-worked... but it is already nicely done... So, I may of screwed the posiablty of this up.
And, will the ragdolls The Hidden pins be solid? Because I can see the Hidden useing a dead body as a sheild... Please let them be solid! It would be great to use dead bodies as sheilds, not only do you get cover, but it also gives your postion away(Evens it out.)! And, can they be "pinned" in more than once? I'd like to do a Christ on the Cross of an IRIS member and then stand ontop of it's head so they all look right at it, and me, but not see me.
Yeah, I argee with flickering lights, they'd scare me alot.
That telekontic ablity to push objects would be cool, but that's up to the Dev team's definement of 617-- Hope they put it in :D
And, please allow dismemeberment of dead IRIS... Hope to throw a head at a marine soon!
And, for 617's ablity to stick on walls, will he be able to move on them or just stay inplace untill he jumps/pounces or ducks and falls off(Like Skulks in NS)?
My train of thought is running out of Steam, so I guess that's it...

PS: What do you need to open a .PDF file? Nothing I've tried works, (Word, Notepad, Wordpad, and Paint)

Boxy
22nd August 2005, 09:03
Some of these suggestions are in, some are out, some are under consideration. Use Adobe Reader to open and peruse .PDF files.

Goulaxx
22nd August 2005, 14:55
What about the crossair ?
Its to small and the color cant be cleary seen when you ar hidden

Boxy
22nd August 2005, 15:33
There are new cross hairs for all weapons and players. If you look carefully somewhere on this site there must be a pic or video showing the hidden view. If you examine that you will see he has an easy to see crosshair that is slightly warped to help convey his current state of mind. Ahh its the little details...

Inflames007
22nd August 2005, 17:32
mmmmmm
played with black Alpha to day and I have a sagestion.
Since he like to corich jump around and he never stops, maybe you should add a motion blur effect to the hidden that will become more and more blury as the hidden pounces... and if you want to make it look normal again youll have to stop pouncing and stand still for a sec.

oh and does any body know how to disable sticky keys for ever?

Lock N' Load
22nd August 2005, 18:28
Rapidly tap Shift untill the Sticky key thing pops up, do this out of game to save your self some problems. When that thing pops up, go to settings and look around there sohuld be a turn off for it. You can also use Ctrl and something else...

cybe
31st August 2005, 15:50
i would like the hidden to have compleate stealth when camping ;)
more weapons, possibility to buy 'goggles' to be able to spot the hidden easier
Radio commands :p

Night Raider
31st August 2005, 15:56
i would like the hidden to have compleate stealth when camping ;)
more weapons, possibility to buy 'goggles' to be able to spot the hidden easier
Radio commands :p
If the Hidden is completely invisible while camping, it will unbalance the gameplay.

The mod is known for it's simplicity. Adding more weapons is not very important.

No googles, nothing to make the hidden more visible.

You can easily buy a headphone with a mic, and you can communicate easier than with radio commands.

cybe
2nd September 2005, 13:44
You can easily buy a headphone with a mic, and you can communicate easier than with radio commands.

Yeah -_-' if the voice communicator in the hidden works, cuz it aint working for me

Jamoe
2nd September 2005, 13:52
Yeah -_-' if the voice communicator in the hidden works, cuz it aint working for me

works fine for me! I would question yoursetup firstly. The amount of times i have had no mic and realised I had muted it on the physical mic control on the wire, its not even funny. Not to mentioned muting it in the OS volume control

anti-hero
2nd September 2005, 14:32
mmmmmm
played with black Alpha to day and I have a sagestion.
Since he like to corich jump around and he never stops, maybe you should add a motion blur effect to the hidden that will become more and more blury as the hidden pounces... and if you want to make it look normal again youll have to stop pouncing and stand still for a sec.

deep breath:

NOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEH IDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLEN OTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHI DDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENO THINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHID DENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOT HINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDD ENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTH INGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDE NMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHI NGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDEN MOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHIN GTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENM OREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHING TOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMO REVISIBLENOTHINGTOMAKETHEHIDDENMOREVISIBLE.

*dies*

-<<SyycK>>-
2nd September 2005, 17:31
Sorry, didnt quite get that... could you say it again please? ;) :p :D

Lock N' Load
3rd September 2005, 03:32
Rather than spamming the forum wioth new threads, I'll add it to this.
I want 617's ragdoll skin to have more damamge done to it. Like add some blood to the bandages, a few more cuts on his extremitys to make the appearnce of grazed buillets, and add some healed up gun shot wounds on his body... Or, in a later release when you are just perfecting this, make it so the skin changes depending on the damage he took and if he had fed in the round.
Like lets say he took a shotgun blast from a distance, he'll have a much of small wounds on his body, but got away and fed on a body. When he does die, he'll have a bunch of small scabs on his body from the Bellets being healed over.

-<<SyycK>>-
7th September 2005, 18:58
Rather than spamming the forum wioth new threads, I'll add it to this.
I want 617's ragdoll skin to have more damamge done to it. Like add some blood to the bandages, a few more cuts on his extremitys to make the appearnce of grazed buillets, and add some healed up gun shot wounds on his body... Or, in a later release when you are just perfecting this, make it so the skin changes depending on the damage he took and if he had fed in the round.
Like lets say he took a shotgun blast from a distance, he'll have a much of small wounds on his body, but got away and fed on a body. When he does die, he'll have a bunch of small scabs on his body from the Bellets being healed over.

And make it look less plasticy... I feel like I'm hunting fuxored up Barbie here!

kenny87
7th September 2005, 19:53
if the models look shinny it's likely because you have mat_bumpmaps turned off, either turn them back on or turn mat_specular off

Gusdor
8th September 2005, 09:28
...or becasue you are running a nvidia card which, for some reason always = really shiny hl2 and sourcemods.

The new hidden is more ****ed the hell up ingame

-<<SyycK>>-
8th September 2005, 17:27
If bumbmaps are on by default, then Gusdor must be spoton... nVidia Geforce 6600 256DDR, Saving for a 7800GTX, or maybe the next generation Radeon x###

LLothar
8th September 2005, 18:08
(As Hidden) What about throwing corpses of marines at them? That would be quite scary. Hidden would have to decide wether he will use the body as a medkit or a one use weapon. (noisemaker rather).

And as for noise - I just love making noise! There is no kill using a knife that gives you more satisfaction than making marines kill each other! :D Try to run through a group of them (but first practice running fast ;) ). The game makes people so nervous that they tend to shoot at anything that moves. Increasing the round time for hidden making marines deplete their ammo would be also nice and make this tactic more useful.

And my favourite idea - make Hidden able to scream. It would be useful to draw marines attention.

The game already has a unique atmosphere. Playing as a Marine is very stressfull. Sometimes when I play as hidden I hear heavy gunfire despite the fact that I am on the other side of the map!

And as for the campers - Marines really have no motivation to go after hidden (except becoming one) so camping is a well working tactic. Maybe a radar for hidden could show such players (someone is 10sec. camper - he pops as a dot on hiddens radar) + make them appear glowing for hidden. Or maybe make the marines vision become distorted in time (sth like hiddens) so he won't be able to spot a approaching hidden.

NUk1307
19th September 2005, 22:36
I certainly like the idea of being able to howl or scream as the Hidden, but what I think would be even cooler for making the marines p*** themselves is if you could also harshly whisper short phrases like "Over here...", "Run...", and "Any time...". These sounds would be quiet and have a very short audible range, so if a marine hears them he would suddenly know that you must be standing right next to him :P

theDave
10th October 2005, 19:56
havnt really read through every single page of this thread so i dont know if any of this has been suggested(sorry if so)

1. Hidden can cling to walls or pipes or sumthin clingable(kind of like in NS)
2. hidden can grab and throw/drop marines(minimal damage) meaning he can use as a shield too(for short time)
3. Marines have communication like in css
4. Hidden can taunt
5. Marine cant bunny hop(i use it a lot lol but takes away fear)
6. Make maps more dark and clautraphobic.

Sonic
10th October 2005, 20:59
Yeaahh.... You'va got about a 80% chance of getting beaten and flamed SEVERLY for suggesting a few of those things.

1.The Hidden is going to cling to walls in beta 2, coming out on the 14th
2.I don't belive this has been suggested before, but I doubt they'd out it in. If you could get close enough to the marines to pick them up, just pigstick them
3.The communication wouldn't help much. The only people that use it in CS:S spam it, just use a mike or type. Maybe make a few binds.
4.That, I belive, may be implemented. But for god sakes, one thread has that suggestion right now.
5.That's not gonna happen. I'm sure of it. When they bunny hop and you can't kill them, it's because you couldn't succesfully use the hidden to sneak up on them.
6.They're already trying as hard as they can, but being claustriphobic would really suck, to tell the truth. If you knew the hidden was in the hallway, you could just shoot and it would be a guarenteed hit.

Boxy
10th October 2005, 21:15
Just to clarify and back up...

1. Yep 617 can cling to walls and ceilings in Beta2 for a limited time, linked to a stamina bar.
2. You cant pick up live IRIS, but dead ones are fair game and be used as a distraction or a bullet shield...
3. There is a CSS style quick communication radio jobbie in Beta2, bind a key to the radio menu and it will present you with a few short quips such as 'go go go'. Put in coz lots of people wanted it, not sure why, i dont use that sort of thing.
4. Taunting is on the cards, but not for Beta2.
5. Bunny hopping is still in, may takes steps to resolve it but it doesnt really help yuo that much anyways...
6. Claustrophobic can be good, but getting snagged on things can be a tad annoying, the darkest map you will ever get from our stables is about sewer darkness, any darker and 617 WILL cream the IRIS team, i dont care what anyone says. Flash lights DONT help.

Hope that helps.

|eDgE
12th October 2005, 09:31
I'll pay for a hidden shirt that says I love Hidden:Source for a penny :D
So what are you Developers going to do after Beta 2? Work on Beta 3 or just chill for a bit?

Ging
12th October 2005, 11:23
So what are you Developers going to do after Beta 2? Work on Beta 3 or just chill for a bit?

No rest for the wicked, we've got another project that's currently being worked on by parts of the team, the coders will be swapping across to it once Beta 2 is out and updated (if need be). Major Beta 3 work is going to be put on hold for a couple of months while we work on the other project, mainly because we're hoping it'll make us money!

|eDgE
13th October 2005, 05:51
Good to hear we have devoted developers unlike other mods. I'm really liking the progress of Hidden:Source

dklollol
19th October 2005, 15:01
you should make lots of weapon addons like scope, flashligt, laser, aim point and silencer. :D

[PCGF]mingmong
19th October 2005, 17:41
you should make lots of weapon addons like scope, flashligt, laser, aim point and silencer. :D
Flashlight already exists (press F) what use would a scope and a silencer be?

kenny87
19th October 2005, 18:19
The game's meant to be simple, not Pimp-my-P90

Sonic
19th October 2005, 21:21
Today we gonna turn this gun from white-guy-trash into a bitchin' ass babe magent for all yo' ho's n' ****!

Yeah..... Plus, with a silencer, do you really WANT your gun to be less powerful?

And laser sights just tell the hidden where you're looking, and when an expert is looking, can tell where you are without looking in the room.

Ribeye
24th October 2005, 05:32
THere needs to be a button you can press as hidden to make a scary noise. Kinda like the "taunt" command in natural selection. In fact, exactly like that :D

twentydead
31st October 2005, 15:46
map suggestion -

church
castle
morgue
mental assylum

Night Raider
15th November 2005, 19:15
Some suggestions, decided not to make a new thread.

Give the Hidden some sort of bash or kick which will push the IRIS back, and give them some sort of view jolt. This would be helpful in times in which the hidden needs to make an escape, and there's a marine in his escape route. It will also give a way to prevent the IRIS from getting stuck on the Hidden when they touch him.

Merciless
17th November 2005, 15:52

Give the Hidden some sort of bash or kick which will push the IRIS back, and give them some sort of view jolt. This would be helpful in times in which the hidden needs to make an escape, and there's a marine in his escape route. It will also give a way to prevent the IRIS from getting stuck on the Hidden when they touch him.

have to agree, some sort of push. stop us attatching to marines :D

Freakapotamus
19th November 2005, 05:59
I have 1 simple suggestion.

Can we have an Audible Countdown for that 15 sec survival game mode? I am always to involved in the game and miss the timer and then the game is over and I havent even attemed to Kill the Last guy.

Puzzlemaker
12th December 2005, 20:16

I agree with this in its entirety. Even better: If a hidden pounces into a IRIS, it jolts them out of the way. Would make for some cool getaways.

edit°
12th December 2005, 20:19
You're not thinking. Imagine trying to pigstick someone when whenever you bump them, they fly out the way.

Primary fire does fine for knocking them back. Anymore would be too far IMHO.

Puzzlemaker
12th December 2005, 20:21
Ouch, right, I wasn't thinking. My bad. Still, if primary fire pushed them more it would be nice.

Payback
16th December 2005, 16:37
Okay, with the release of the Beta almost upon us, I have cleaned out the suggestions folder of all the old stuff and now ask that after some good play sessions that you may all prise yourselves away from the Hidden (just for a short while) to post any suggestions that you would like to see in future releases. Just to help cover ground we have already been over the team have already declared that Subject 617 will be unlikely to, if EVER:

Have mid air pounce making a return.

Now that stamina is limited; how about considering putting mid air pounce back in? Mid-air pounce would be incredibly useful. It's now balanced by being limited in stamina.

Ging
16th December 2005, 21:38
No - it was a bug, it's been fixed

Sonic
17th December 2005, 02:58
guys, know how in the marine discussion topic we said it needs to be hareder for the hidden? The bump could do just that! He's have to either time it perfectly, or just plain walk up to them.

starstriker1
17th December 2005, 04:34

...wha?

the_blah_guy
25th December 2005, 21:13
I have some suggestions for the next version...

1. Cooler knife skin for the hidden, maybe something along the lines of this (http://www.lfchosting.com/digitalcanoe/knife/pictures/Unitedcutlery/images/UC-898.jpg)
2. Marines should have the ability to 'pistol whip' if they run out of ammo; its more fun than being an instant sitting duck when you run out of ammo...
3. Give marines a sprint option. It'd be the same key as the pounce for the hidden except it makes the marines go faster than a 600 pound sumo wrestler.
4. GET RIDE OF PIPE BOMBS! They are an impractical stealth weapon and are cheap and stupid in my opinion, and thats the only opinion that counts :D
5. Also change the pigstick animation. Make it a less time consuming manouver. Maybe instead of throwing the knife into the air and catching it before stabbing, maybe the hidden should kind of twirl it around in his palm and then stab really forcefully right after.
6. There should be different classes of marines (heavy weps, scout, medic, etc.) I really think that would add to the gameplay factor, especially for the marines and would invoke even more teamplay effort.

That is my two cents. Feel free to bash, flame, rape this thread as much as you want (I'm just joking...jeez!), just make sure y'all do it responsibly :p

Puzzlemaker
25th December 2005, 22:42
You can already pin marine corpses to walls...

And you can already throw objects at marines...

Sonic
25th December 2005, 22:56
Did you even play the game?

the_blah_guy
26th December 2005, 02:55
well i haven't yet figured out how to pin corpses to walls (i'm sort of a noob in that area) and yes I have played the game. What I mean by 'the traps' is kind of different. Its more something that you can set up you know, for instance some guy walks onto some 'thing' and then he gets smooshed by a big thing that falls from the cieling, for instance your mom :D , but I don't think it will happen so scratch that. Also I think that the stamina bar for the hidden shouldn't go down as fast you know, but I already think that is going to happen anyways in the future. AND, marines should probably have a sprint option that takes up stamina because they are slow as heck!

God on earth
31st December 2005, 10:47
medic,
WHAT?

"Command base, one of the marines has been gibbed, not even his head is attached, his arm has been chucked across the room, his torso is hanging from the ceiling, what should I do?!"
"Call the medic"

starstriker1
31st December 2005, 21:22
You bring up a compelling point, God on earth.

These poor marines certainly need a medic.

palehorse864
1st January 2006, 00:25
What I think we really need si more atmosphere for the marines, particularly when a buddy gets killed.

Remember how dramatic it was when you saw someone get grabbed by a barnacle in the first half-life? I'm not thinking of anything exactly like that.

More like 617 hangs from the ceiling and has an alternate sort of pigstick. he can hit the use key and time it with the pigstick which will cause him to jerk the IRIS member upwards and ragdoll him. It would be riskier as it would take longer than normal pigsticking but would leave an intact corpse and really freak people out if they see their buddy get dragged upwards.

Either that or if we could somehow make it easier to grab a corpse right after a kill. We could slash kill, grab the corpse and leap upwards. Guaranteed to freak out the other marines.

What I'm saying though is that there need to be more things to make the marines wet their pants. The shower of gibs is fun but it looks like what we've seen in other games (apart from the ragdoll based gibs, those are nice).

We already have something along these lines, corpse hanging. Tell me it doesn't make you nervous when you hunt through the map and see a corpse hanging from teh ceiling. Scary and fun. :)

God on earth
2nd January 2006, 21:38
Black characters, white hands. Make the weapon model have full gloves, rather than just knuckle length ones.

Ging
3rd January 2006, 00:21
cs - full gloves for ct's, knuckle length for t's... both teams use the same viewmodel arms...

Night Raider
3rd January 2006, 03:20
But CS gets away with it because it was that way for a long time now! Lots of people want it to be changed, including me!

Ging
3rd January 2006, 08:56
fact is - it's more effort than it's worth to change them... Sure, it may not be realistic, but we don't really care about it.

Fox
9th January 2006, 06:22
Note: Summary available at the bottom.
Just limit the **** screech/howl/taunt that the hidden gets. I can already see nubs spamming it if it's an option. With any luck most won't know it's there.

Props to the dev team here. Long time CSer who picked up the mod about a week ago. You've a **** fine mod here gentlemen. Nice to see a team who sticks to their guns and continues with the original ideology of a game instead of adding every little nuance suggested.

"yea teh hidden shud have INVISIBLE ROCKETS! and the marines need tanks that FLY an attack dogs that are crazy and they can be invisible too and and and an item that can be picked up by either team tjhat ads 4x damage an lets marins see teh hidden!!!!! an the hidden can get a nujke that kills evry1 on teh map!!!!lolololol"

Yeah. So, since this is a suggestion thread I suppose I should offer one: Don't change a thing. Gameplay seems fairly balanced as I see it (granted, what the h*ll do I know?). I like the simplicity of the game: No radar, no mention of who dies up top when a hidden kills someone. Really added a sense of "You guys are on your own" to the game which I enjoy. I realize you've a lot changed in this next release and based on how well the game has done up until this point I'm sure both sides will be compensated accordingly, but what I'd like to see is some excellent noir ambience. Stuff that disorients, distracts and creates a sense of entrapment without using confining passageways. Someone mentioned flickering lights earlier. That's a nice start. Maybe some hanging lamps that swing in the breeze. Control of lighting is nice. Someone said light switches but what about a main breaker that the hidden could flip? Electrical equipment can emit buzzes and sparks. Heck, I freak a bit playing the game when I see a green dot appear in front of me. A piece of equipment that sparks every thirty to seventy-five seconds is a nice jolt to someone on edge. Howling winds blowing shutters around, jostling tin cans about. I don't even know if you guys can do this stuff seeing as how it would have to be controlled by the map itself but I guess that's why it's only a suggestion.

I'm more keen on you refining the gameplay than adding more content. Ya know, the part where the hidden gets stuck on IRIS or the pig sticker animation not going off if you try to do it again too quick (both prolly fixed in the next release already). I don't even like playing hidden anymore as playing as IRIS is such a challenge, which is all I'm really looking for. I saw something about the next version making it so you can forfeit your play as hidden. Bravo.

One suggestion that's probably been mentioned before: a one-hit silent kill for the hidden. I realize we've the pig sticker which is all well and good but watching someone blown to pieces in front of you can only be traumatizing so many times before you become desensitized to the violence and gore. I can hear someone die from across the map and know when a member of my team has been taken out. Giving the hidden the ability to have another form of killing someone without making a sound would really add to the 'creep-factor' and make me check my player list more often.
Voice-Chat:
"Conner, I'm in the lower part of the ship but I thought I heard him up top"
"Roger that"
"Regroup on me in the center"
"Conner?"
I wouldn't mind a bit if I couldn't see who was dead by hitting TAB. More things to keep track of in my head, which I prefer. Really separates the players in terms of skill in my opinion.

Fox: "Chavez watch the back hall. Conner keep an eye out on the railing room"
Conner: "Chavez is dead Fox"

Oh, and don't show the hidden who's been camping for 10 seconds or more. You're already invisible. Scouting without being a complete idiot will show you who's camping where.

Few other things that come to mind and have also probably been mentioned in this forum which would be nice but are definately much lower priority: Let the hidden collect non-gibbed head(s) and hold them as a distraction/psychological device. I'd like nothing more than to toss the head of an IRIS member into a group of camping IRIS. I realize making the head look like the individual killed would likely be difficult, or, atleast annoying. The other suggestion was to allow players to view helmet cams of dead IRIS members. Even if you're gibbed, the camera has to go somewhere, unless destroyed by the hidden. I know I've seen motorola radios go flying when I gibbed someone once and I'm well aware that HL2 is capable of attaching cameras to objects themselves, but I'm unsure if you could allow a spectator camera in this same way. It'd be very "Aliens" if you could make the display appear with not only the name of the individual you're watching, but also the heartbeat as well (or lack thereof). Would really add to the mood if you could cycle through helmet cams and get the view of one looking up from the ground. Don't forget the static effect! Static static, not rolling static.

Summary

Add additional noir ambience
Silent Hidden Kill ability (no gib)
Living players can't see who is 'DEAD' on the scoreboard
Limit Hidden taunt usage (30 seconds minimum)
IRIS head collecting/throwing (Hidden ability)
Spectating from helmet cams of dead IRIS members
Hidden 'lean' ability to peak around corners (if even possible)
Many of these have likely already been mentioned. If so, please just don't comment on them.

Again, great mod.
--Fox

Boxy
9th January 2006, 14:48
Bloody well put together sir, that a real nice post right there. Suggesting without undue force.

Im currently working on an undisclosed map, and am looking for ideas to make it more scary, more interactive and generally trying to better what we have already. Ill take some of this onboard and see what I can do in the confines(yes Source and Hammer are restrictive!) of the engine.

blackAngel
9th January 2006, 15:43
I'd have another idea: what about making cameras for the dead ones, which have thermal sight? wouldn't be bad or? or do it like in cs assault: there were a car outside with displays. would be nice in hidden, just with thermal sight. of course the marines should never have the chance to shoot the hidden while they see him on thermal sight .. you know what I mean :) ?

edit°
9th January 2006, 16:33
It would be too easy for the IRIS to have friends on ventrillo or teamspeak to ghost for them and help them hunt the hidden. I've had it done to me when there used to be free spec cam, sucks.

edit: and as for the lean ability, I don't think it would be a good idea, currently the main way I even know that the hidden is anywhere near me is when I see him bob out from behind a box and straight back in to get a look at where we are. Without showing a significant amount of his body around a corner it would be too hard to spot the hidden before its too late. With that level of stealth as an option there wouldn't be many of the experienced hiddens getting deaths against em...

Zest
10th January 2006, 21:18
just one more suggestion, which might already have been suggested:

When the hidden takes a certain amount of damage within a set time (e.g. 50 hp within 1 sec), he should not be able to complete his slash/pigsticker he was doing while being hit. (preferably he can't attack for e.g. for 0,5 secs).

This happened to me today several times while I was playing IRIS: I hit the hidden frontal with the shotgun while he was running towards me. He barely survived (less than 20 hp), but could simply finish his attack, killing me with a pigsticker.

This was quite disappointing, especially because once he's close he's very hard to hit again. If he couldn't have finished his attack at least I would have stood a chance...

greetz,

Zest

Fox
10th January 2006, 21:47
Knew there was something I forgot: Health-Critical Status notification for the Hidden. I did a search for this and found no one else mentioning it.

Over the past few days of playing I've come to realize I never actually look at the numbers that indicate my health. Several times I've died as the Hidden not even realizing I was low on health. It's probably not that important since you can take so much damage so quickly but a gradient color change of the numbers or the icon itself in the bottom left corner from it's usual color, to yellow, then orange and then red would be nice. I never realized how much I relied on this while playing other games until now.

Again, if this was mentioned somewhere else or is already being implemented, pretend this post doesn't even exist.

--Fox

xcession
11th January 2006, 12:15
Copy and pasted from previous posts:

1. Pistol needs recoil
- if simply so the weapons feel more real. I appreciate that giving it no recoil gives IRIS a much-needed advantage, but its currently at the sacrifice of entry-level realism. [haven't found this mentioned so far].

1b. Weapons feel oddly intangible in general. I can't work out whether its the 'floaty' feeling you get while running around the map without bobbing, or whether it really is the weapons which feel detached from your body. meh. i dunno. [this has been mentioned elsewhere, but wanted to show my support]

2. 617 should have some kinda super-sensory ability
- giving him a rough idea of IRIS direction, possibly signified with the 'hurt' graphics, in a different colour, and based on foosteps sound? [have found new abilities mentioned, but not this specifically]

3. 617's view should invert...
- By 180degrees when ceiling hanging.Maybe even 90 for wall-hanging.
It'll add a bit more realism to the role. [haven't found this anywhere]

4. 617's box-model seems annoyingly large whilst pouncing, meaning the supposedly nimble creature has a hard time even getting through a huge hole in the ceiling. This may be partially due to the innacuracy of aiming your pounces, but thats another matter. [clipping has been mentioned before, but thought i'd add my voice]

5. Newbie 617s
- Newbies to the roll need something (an ability/weapon/other) to make it less completely daunting and impossible. It doesn't take too long to come to grips with, but at present its very much veteran-centric and needs to appeal to all levels of player. 617's general lack of features and controllability may be turning away newbs at present.

Sonic
11th January 2006, 21:33
Copy and pasted from previous posts:

1. Pistol needs recoil
- if simply so the weapons feel more real. I appreciate that giving it no recoil gives IRIS a much-needed advantage, but its currently at the sacrifice of entry-level realism. [haven't found this mentioned so far].

1b. Weapons feel oddly intangible in general. I can't work out whether its the 'floaty' feeling you get while running around the map without bobbing, or whether it really is the weapons which feel detached from your body. meh. i dunno. [this has been mentioned elsewhere, but wanted to show my support]

- giving him a rough idea of IRIS direction, possibly signified with the 'hurt' graphics, in a different colour, and based on foosteps sound? [have found new abilities mentioned, but not this specifically]

3. 617's view should invert...
- By 180degrees when ceiling hanging.Maybe even 90 for wall-hanging.
It'll add a bit more realism to the role. [haven't found this anywhere]

4. 617's box-model seems annoyingly large whilst pouncing, meaning the supposedly nimble creature has a hard time even getting through a huge hole in the ceiling. This may be partially due to the innacuracy of aiming your pounces, but thats another matter. [clipping has been mentioned before, but thought i'd add my voice]

5. Newbie 617s
- Newbies to the roll need something (an ability/weapon/other) to make it less completely daunting and impossible. It doesn't take too long to come to grips with, but at present its very much veteran-centric and needs to appeal to all levels of player. 617's general lack of features and controllability may be turning away newbs at present.

1.Should happen

2.Won't happen.

3.No

4.You proved yourself stupid by replying something smart.
I don't even know what that really meant.

5.Never.

Night Raider
11th January 2006, 21:35

2.Won't happen.

Really? I thought the Aura senses were going to be implemented.

Ging
11th January 2006, 21:52
1 - The pistols are missing recoil purely because I forgot to put it in - there's no other reason for it... I don't know why, but I could've sworn they had it for a while.

1b - the weapons do bob - you can play with the bob cvars to find a value that you prefer.

2 - as has been said numerous times elsewhere, we will be creating some form of "aura" around IRIS members to show health and to a lesser extent, location.

3 - Realism in this respect is unwanted, it just makes you feel disorientated, can you imagine the lurching you'd get as you pounced from floor, to wall, to ceiling then down to floor again? Welcome to Hidden airlines, sick bags are required...

4 - his hitbox is the right size for his body, there are two holes that can cause the odd problem and they both appear on stalkyard... Otherwise, there aren't any holes in ceilings that cause problems (especially not the derelict ones!)

5 - 617's lack of features is a bonus to beginners, there's not much to learn but there's actually a fair bit to master (which is just about where we want it really). More importantly, giving the newbies a weapon / feature to make life easier also makes life duller for experienced players who have even less of a challenge...

xcession
12th January 2006, 08:47
Cheers Ging.

1. cool
1b. perhaps at least a small amount of bob should be on by default? It seems a bit of a mistake to have to manually enable such an obvious sense of realism (imho, obviously).
2. cool
3. point taken
4. i just need more practice i guess
5. Never really considered it that way before. Can't help thinking theres still something missing though, oh well. I defer to your experience.

Sonic: thanks for terse, unofficial replies - except to 4. where i've no idea wha-- oh nevermind. i don't care.

Ging
12th January 2006, 09:10
There should be a small amount of bob going on - I can remember the hassle we had getting it looking nice without the bob going crazy and being too obvious.

Merciless
12th January 2006, 09:37
*puts doom on*

*laughs at crazy bob*

Please dont do it :D

H:S already has a good feel atm.

mlam
12th January 2006, 21:04
- make 2 modes for hidden based on the numbers of I.R.I.S
I know hidden can be powerfull and all. But if you have a normal team, who knows the game. They will stick together and hunt you down. So 2 modes i mean different things the hidden can or cant do. And maybe slight difference in damage/health ratio.

-the bodies wont explode after you pigstick them. Physic are much cooler.

-light levels. I mean where you have to use the flashlight in some place because its too dark to see the hidden. Its seems cool, I know i might not work out.

-hidden can crawl an surface slow, but uses stamina. And longer stamina when you are hanging somewhere

great mod cant wait for the new beta :D

Sonic
12th January 2006, 22:09
- make 2 modes for hidden based on the numbers of I.R.I.S
I know hidden can be powerfull and all. But if you have a normal team, who knows the game. They will stick together and hunt you down. So 2 modes i mean different things the hidden can or cant do. And maybe slight difference in damage/health ratio.

-the bodies wont explode after you pigstick them. Physic are much cooler.

-light levels. I mean where you have to use the flashlight in some place because its too dark to see the hidden. Its seems cool, I know i might not work out.

-hidden can crawl an surface slow, but uses stamina. And longer stamina when you are hanging somewhere

great mod cant wait for the new beta :D

1st: That'd be too hard to implement, since it would have to factor in IRIS and Hidden skill, too.

2nd: Just freaking NO. NEVER. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

3rd: The only time anyone has had to use their flashlight is on the original Sewers.

4th: No, but longer wall hanging is already coming true.

mlam
15th January 2006, 13:18
I think this suggestion is old but im not sure.

-no crosshair for the main weapon. Instead you have to use your ironsight. But if you do that you move slower.

-And the pistol will still use the lasersight. (i preffer a red one instead of green)

edit°
15th January 2006, 18:35
They've already said no to ironsights.

Flatline
16th January 2006, 18:36
Iīm new on these forums but not that new to The Hidden. I feel it has achieved remarkable balance in a few betas, compared to other mod-projects.

From what I understand, IRIS will be getting a good overhaul and all of it sounds good, not too different and therefore wonīt unbalance things.

My suggestion concerns 617, or rather, his predecessors. If thereīs a 617 thereīs room for more weird experiments before him, or after.

Simply put, offer an alternative Hidden in some maps, or in some gamemodes.

My thought was this:
Have a hidden with the same invisibility but without knife or pipebombs. We all know 617 is a melee kind of guy, he likes it close and personal. His compatriot, (618?) is instead gifted with telekinetic powers. Using the Gravity-Gun effects in the Source engine, he could pick up objects such as chairs and boxes from a distance and hurl them at IRIS members. As a secondary attack, he could use a knife but since heīs not 617, he canīt pigstick, only slash. And we all know the Hidden shouldnīt have ranged attacks, and thatīs just fine. Limit the weight and distance of what he can pick up. He shouldnīt be "range only" or anything like it. After all, heīll have to scavenge for ammo to throw.

My view of this is that it could work very well, adding a definitive Poltergeist feeling. It should of course be able to be turned off, all players may not like it.

To summarize:
A: Add a second criminal experiment gone wrong in some maps
B: Give it some form of telekinetic power aīla Gravity Gun
C: It shouldnīt be unbalanced, only complementary to 617
D: All this adding to the creepy atmosphere

Suggestions and opinions welcome. Think Poltergeist!

Sonic
16th January 2006, 18:54
I made this suggestion a while ago. Did you get this idea off of mine or think of it on your own?

edit°
16th January 2006, 18:56
Iīm new on these forums but not that new to The Hidden. I feel it has achieved remarkable balance in a few betas, compared to other mod-projects.

From what I understand, IRIS will be getting a good overhaul and all of it sounds good, not too different and therefore wonīt unbalance things.

My suggestion concerns 617, or rather, his predecessors. If thereīs a 617 thereīs room for more weird experiments before him, or after.

Simply put, offer an alternative Hidden in some maps, or in some gamemodes.

My thought was this:
Have a hidden with the same invisibility but without knife or pipebombs. We all know 617 is a melee kind of guy, he likes it close and personal. His compatriot, (618?) is instead gifted with telekinetic powers. Using the Gravity-Gun effects in the Source engine, he could pick up objects such as chairs and boxes from a distance and hurl them at IRIS members. As a secondary attack, he could use a knife but since heīs not 617, he canīt pigstick, only slash. And we all know the Hidden shouldnīt have ranged attacks, and thatīs just fine. Limit the weight and distance of what he can pick up. He shouldnīt be "range only" or anything like it. After all, heīll have to scavenge for ammo to throw.

My view of this is that it could work very well, adding a definitive Poltergeist feeling. It should of course be able to be turned off, all players may not like it.

To summarize:
A: Add a second criminal experiment gone wrong in some maps
B: Give it some form of telekinetic power aīla Gravity Gun
C: It shouldnīt be unbalanced, only complementary to 617
D: All this adding to the creepy atmosphere

I like this idea, but something tells me the hidden staff won't.

Flatline
16th January 2006, 19:51
I made this suggestion a while ago. Did you get this idea off of mine or think of it on your own?

Sonic, sorry, I browsed through most suggestion threads for similar ideas but must have missed yours. I came up with it when I heard that IRIS is going to expand somewhat and I thought that the Hidden could really benefit from using the physics engine more.

Itīs good to hear we both like this idea, and if we both came up with it it canīt be that bad ;)

Sonic
16th January 2006, 20:09
Yeah. The only difference with mine was that the Poltergeist was a seperate player who no clipped through the level and couldn't be seen or attack. He just scared the IRIS.

But along the lines of the physics, when objects fall down, they need to do a lot more damage. I remember a long time ago, I was walking through trainyard. The Hidden pigsticked a car off of a train and it fell on me. The car fell right on top of me, did about 25-50 damage. Even though I was happy I didn't die, I felt like I definitley should of killed me.

In real life, if the boxes on stalkyard fell on top of you, they would do quite some damage.

Some of the objects either need to be heavier or the IRIS need to be weakened, but also weaken the slash for the Hidden.

Ging
16th January 2006, 21:06

Think, no...

God on earth
18th January 2006, 20:15
Maybe rather than have a radar which shows the hidden, just have a motion decector blip. When you get closer to the hidden, the blib gets faster. Possibly the hidden can avoid the blip by standing still.

To balance it, give the hidden just a similar system, where he can hear a buzzing or similar non electric noise, which gets louder as the iswat gets closer.

It would stop careless blundering into enemies. And because its just an indication of distance, it will increase paranoia without revealing the hiddens location.

Also, for maps, could you have one which is just like a labyrinth/maze. Or try something like importing some CS/HL2:DM maps into the hidden.

Sonic
18th January 2006, 21:35
No.

Ging
18th January 2006, 21:36
erm, there was never, ever going to be a radar that shows the hidden... nor will there be any other method to help detect the hidden...

Flatline
19th January 2006, 14:40
Ok, all my post gets is a very thorough "no" without any argument, while the, in my eyes, somewhat silly suggestion to show the hidden on radar actually gets a sentence in reply. My god, heīs HIDDEN. Not "Mr. Radarblip". ;)
And I actually havenīt seen the movie Poltergeist, I only know they push stuff around while being invisible. That was what I wanted people to think of...
Oh well. :rolleyes:

edit°
19th January 2006, 16:28
It would just get irritating beyond belief and it would take more than one sentence to convince you of this and explain why I think, so the 'no' did the job. With radar blips it is just one sentence.

Flatline
20th January 2006, 08:18
It would just get irritating beyond belief and it would take more than one sentence to convince you of this and explain why I think, so the 'no' did the job. With radar blips it is just one sentence.

So no did the job? What job? Convincing me? Umm...just a "No" sounds like a bad way of convincing people. ;)

Iīm not a stubborn moron, I fully understand a simple sentence like, yeah, cool idea, but not in this mod since we focus on blahblahblah. Donīt have a thread asking for suggestions if you just have it so you can wreak attitude on newcomers and their stupid ideas. :rolleyes:

Ging
20th January 2006, 09:51
You got two words and a comma, stop complaining...

God on earth
20th January 2006, 17:46
Not like a visual radar blip, but like one of those motion detector things which just makes faster blip noises as something is closer.

Maybe it could be tricked by throwing physprops or something.

Cyborg
20th January 2006, 18:24
no, no, no.

the hidden has a hard time enough without marines camping in the same room as him all the time.

the hidden has to be able to jump out at any time without any warning WHATSOEVER.

Demented
20th January 2006, 19:03
You got two words and a comma, stop complaining...

And an ellipsis! Don't forget the ellipsis!

Night Raider
21st January 2006, 16:39
It'd be cool if you could put your crosshair over a slashed, ungibbed ragdoll and be able to see the name of the player who died. As a Hidden, you should also be able to see how much healing points you can extract from the body.

edit°
21st January 2006, 16:43
This is getting dangerously close to an idea I had about knocking players out rather than killing them so you can see your arms and legs flailing when the hidden grabs you and pins you up. Atmospheric groans etc included :P

I just daren't suggest it because it sounds like a bastard to code/debug and would put EVEN MORE strain on servers.

Superman
28th January 2006, 23:46
Do you like the idea of the marines picking Piecies of wood, or metal. Like the game Condemn Criminals. Just in case someone loses ammo, he can just pick up a bat and start to beat the hidden. Or you can be able to use your weapon and hit them with it.

Just a Suggestion.

Maxim
29th January 2006, 18:25
IRIS members are unlikely - but not impossibly unlikely to ever get...

A device that requires teamwork? One guy can wear some equipment that prevents his carrying a weapon.. that enhances the team ability but requires the wearer to not be able to carry a weapon.

kholdstareo1
22nd February 2006, 01:21
yea for the beta... i really liked it, and it looked really proffesionally made, but it still had afew issues. them being: the camera mode is cool, but boring. it would be more fun with free spec like in CS. also, the hidden should be more visible. too damn hard to see rofl. also, some more weapon loadouts would be awsome, and hidden could use different mele attacks, such as jumping, and the right clicking to kick (F.E.A.R.-stylesome ub3r_dark maps so you would have to rely on like your flashlight, but it will run out eventually........ and something like, hidden is like completely invisible in the dark, but the flashlight can render him more. and maybe some other gameplay innovations. but all in all, awsome game guys!

Kitty_Loaf
22nd February 2006, 01:24
I like edit's idea about not knocking out the camera when slashed. So basically you watch as you're dragged away XD

Ging
22nd February 2006, 01:34
We'd like to get the spectator system to the point where you can view from corpses that haven't been gibbed - that's been on our list of things we want to do for ages.

DarkAsassin
24th February 2006, 02:41
Hey, i wrote up a long thing of suggestions in another forum, but here's the gist of it.

1. Keep a radar dot for dead bodies (hidden carrying a body would move the dot just like a normal person)
2. Some form of marine class that had a flashlight type object that could show the hidden if he shined it on him. You would need to only arm him with a pistol or a crappy melee type weapon to make it fair. (adds to teamplay)
3. Be able to push living people by pressing use in them. This way, u can screw with people's minds by shoving them out of their group, or sneakily push a guy into the drink off the side of the boat on hdn_discovery.
4. As said earlier, some form of melee weapon for the I.R.I.S. What's the point of sneaking up behind the hidden and not being able to shank him and leave him crying in humiliation as you spray his rotting corpse. also, its sorta annoying to run around clicking after you run outa ammo

I'd appreciate it if you developer people would take this to heart. i would mainly like to see my first one though, if possible. keep up the good work on this kickin mod :)

Ging
24th February 2006, 09:33
1 has been on the cards since we decided to go for the radar system.

2 will never happen

3 might be plausible, we've discussed it before but nothing really came of it

4 no melee weapons, learn to control your ammunition better.

Prometheus
19th March 2006, 10:15
3. thats what slash is for.

demo
4th April 2006, 19:53
please add a knife or melee attack to the iris :)

demo
4th April 2006, 20:02
any chance of giving the iris an objective so they MUST move from spawn to the other side of map within the time limit, perhaps they need to reach a generator or something to turn off the hiddens invisiblity or something, i dunno just an objective of some sort to force the iris to move..

or they could have to reach a radio to call for back up etc etc ( im sure you could think of better objectives ) :)

the objective could also spawn in a diff position every round and the hidden will know where it is on a radar type system, and the iris have to search the map to find it.

edit: even hostages would work well i think

DV8
6th April 2006, 01:12
Id just like 2 grab a live I.R.I.S. guy and drag him away from the group 2 do what i want with ie: kill,drop,throw away at my own disgression???

plz ;) :D

Nyuu
7th April 2006, 00:21
How about a minigame, any kind of minigame to play when you're dead. I mean, you have nothing else to do. Could be pacman http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/images/smilies/emot-v.png
or snakes. Perhaps chess, checkers, or a minigame based on the hidden itself.

Maybe a good enough mini-game that makes you even look forward to dying.

starstriker1
7th April 2006, 01:16
Theres a helmet cam.

Million Knives
12th April 2006, 04:38
Iris will never, ever get a melee attack.
Dragging live people has been vetoed as dumb.
Objectives have also been vetoed. Use the "search" key, as stated in the FAQ.

IceTom
16th April 2006, 17:56
As i saw there will be a radar for the ISIS in the next beta.

It would be cool if there was a small red spot on the radar, just when the hidden kills an ISIS member.

Just 2-3 seconds long with a "beep" sound or so.

edit°
16th April 2006, 17:59
The devs are currently working on the radar and they're hoping to do even better than that. The plan is to have none-gibbed bodies still show up on the radar :)

DolphinDude31
23rd April 2006, 21:37
This would be a pretty radical gameplay change, so it'll probably be shot down pretty quick, but I think it could be done and be done pretty well. Or completely screw the game up. :p But I'm ready to be brutally shot down.

A new class. Some sort of scientist (but obviously not a labcoat one...something cooler looking). No weapons. All he has is a detector he rigged, I guess with a sample of 617's DNA or something like that. It works like a radar...one of those circular ones in most games...and could show where the Hidden is. But he has to tell it all to his teammates, and he has to look down onto the screen to use it and stand still...in other words, he can't see the gameworld and the radar at the same time. This means that, if he sees that, "The Hidden is right on top of us!", for all he knows, it could be right on top of him.

Or it could be a simpler radar...just like a metal detector...louder beeping the closer the guy got to the Hidden. But, whichever radar, it would beep loudly, giving a warning to the Hidden if people were coming.

If it turns out to be too powerful, then it could be limited to 1 per team or something like that...wouldn't want more than that anyway, since they don't have guns. And it would have batteries. so it couldn't be used too much. And he should have so little health that a slash or a weak pipebomb takes him out.

I think this might be able to get some of the campers to move around more and actually pursue this guy. Maybe it was just a bad server, but I had a really bad experience with campers today...they just camped on those columns above the fountain on one map...don't know its name...anyway, the Hidden had no chance unless he got lucky with a pipebomb. I think those columns, or at least the walkways on top of them, need to go.

But, anyway, while this would radically change the gameplay, I think it would encourage more teamwork and be great for private servers, clans, etc. And, I think combining the beeping with the radar would sorta give both groups (617 and IRIS) an advantage, so it wouldn't horribly imbalance the game. But, assuming the Hidden doesn't kill the scientist first thing, it would ruin that sense of having no idea at all when you're going to get pipebombed or stabbed, and that's an important part of the game.

This would probably have to be in beta 4 if it were to be implemented. And I apologize in advance if this idea has already been spoken of and shot down, or if it's such a terribly horrible idea that you guys will never speak to me again. :eek:

Has the guy who has no weapons but helps the team been vetoed entirely yet? Ive seen a few other suggestions like this be individually vetoed, and I apologize if I missed the group-veto of the idea.

Just read a couple pages back...read the thing that "there will be no radar ever to detect the Hidden", so basically consider this post null. But I'll keep it here just in case Ging is drunk and approves it. :D

edit°
23rd April 2006, 21:41
Well it would certainly make you feel hunted! Especially with the small scale of the maps at the minute.

I have a feeling you're about to be no'd though

Ging
23rd April 2006, 22:43
But I'll keep it here just in case Ging is drunk and approves it. :D

There's a reason I don't drink often :p

edit°
23rd April 2006, 22:45
I can see it now, the post-gingsbirthday-apocalyptic world of goggled, smoke grenaded, throwing knived hidden. :D

hutch
28th April 2006, 08:23
it seems that Fabrique Nationale has a decent contract with Infinitum, so I propose a third hand gun
the FNP-40
*****FROM FNH SITE*****
FNP 40
Take all the great features of the full-size FNP 9, chamber it in the potent .40 S&W cartridge and the result is a superb defensive sidearm ready for any situation. Magazines are available in 10 or 14 round versions, and each FNP 40 comes complete with three magazines.

With a higher damage rate and a slower fire rate than the FNP 9 and a 10 round clip this would make a great backup for someone with a FN303 "less leathal" who needed actuall stopping power. (not to say the FNP 9 is too weak)
here is some info on this *really* nice pistol
http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/hg_p40.htm
what do you think?
*prepares for the worst*

Demented
28th April 2006, 08:47
Insofar as it makes sense the IRIS would use it, it's a viable suggestion. It's just that there's nothing to make it especially unique from the rest, and thus no reason for it to be chosen, or implemented. Just... more damage, less ammo?

I would say make it less accurate, but as the pistols are all pinpoint accurate, or so I think, that'd just make it the very odd man out. Makes more sense if all the pistols are accurate, since it's easier to dismiss the pistols being unnaturally accurate if they're all that way. Once one is inaccurate, it raises uncomfortable questions. (Remember when I said nothing in this mod is justified by "it just IS, ok?" Well, the hyperaccurate pistols are almost an exception.)

Ging
28th April 2006, 08:54
Looks too much like the FNP9 for us to go for it - variety is king!

whoppa
28th April 2006, 09:06
OMG! The full pumpgun collection of FN should be included! :D

hutch
28th April 2006, 10:40
Looks too much like the FNP9 for us to go for it - variety is king!
ok! i kinda expected to get mocked and flamed :D but the no makes sense, it is a FNP9 chambered for the s&w 40

mlam
1st May 2006, 06:39
Hi
great work on beta3 its amazing.
I have a suggestion on the key of the taunt and the communication of the iris.
Cant you bind it to a key where you have to push it once and the menu stays open.
If you want it to dissappear (you change your mind on using it) you have to push the button again.

I think this methode is better than having to push the key al the time.

ThePDW
4th May 2006, 16:32
I don't know if anyone has suggested this stuff or not, but I'm gonna go ahead and post anyway because I really don't want to read through all of these posts.
First of all, I think this is an amazing mod with amazing potential. My main complaint though, is that sometimes the game seems a little too slowed paced and not as exciting as it could be. I think the reason for this is that one Hidden isn't enough to make the game truly exciting when there are 8 people hunting him. It seems like it would be good to have more than 1 hidden if the number of people in the game reaches a certain level. This would add a whole new level of terror knowing that there are more than one Hidden hunting you(a la Far Cry multiplayer). Major props to the map designer on this mod but I think that having more dark areas and having some maps that pretty much require night vision would be very exciting. And two more minor quibbles: 1. the slide blow-back on the pistols seems way too slow 2. The weapons could sound a lot beefier and realistic.
Thanks for listening :cool:

scratch
5th May 2006, 14:39
Another idea:

The flashlight is pretty useless as additional equipment. Remove it (make it standard equipment) and add flares instead. Would be very useful on dark maps / corners and adds to the sinister atmosphere.

Demented
5th May 2006, 21:30
Dynamic lighting in Source isn't very good.

You'd have to limit it to one flare per IRIS, at most. If all the IRIS pool their flares into one spot you're going to be lagging so badly you'll cry like someone just put onions into a blender.

Nachiketh
6th May 2006, 03:44
Here's another suggestion for the Hidden. How about giving him the ability to wallcrawl a bit on flat/certain surfaces? To compensate for this ability, the "Grip" meter can deplete at a slightly faster rate than it does when the Hidden normally grabs and sticks to the wall.

One could alter the aura vision to highlight these specific surfaces or provide other visual hints as to the nature of the specific surface as well.

bizibiz
11th May 2006, 12:01
An other suggestion : - Enable the flashlight and laser targetting dot as standart equipment not as additionnal
- Enable CROSSHAIR, you are not in GoldenEye as the Nintendo64's game...
thx

edit°
11th May 2006, 13:23
Bizi, are you retarded or what? The changes you're suggesting are basically asking for B2, theres NO CHANCE

M_C
11th May 2006, 18:34
An other suggestion : - Enable the flashlight and laser targetting dot as standart equipment not as additionnal
- Enable CROSSHAIR, you are not in GoldenEye as the Nintendo64's game...
thx
The crosshairs SHOULD be a server option, like pigstick is.

bizibiz
12th May 2006, 13:13
How can we enable it, plz in a dedicated server or lan server?
thx

Sir Psycho Zeo
12th May 2006, 13:22
I know the suggestions list at the start says no melee weapons, but it seems silly that when an IRIS member is out of ammo that he would just sit there and let himself get killed. A pistol whip would seem alrite, since there is no secondary function for the pistols and it wouldn't hurt that much. In fact, I'd say the pistol whip should only deal 5-10% maximum damage against the hidden, and given the fact that it would be very difficult to land a hit, makes this idea not too distracting from the current gameplay and unfavourable for the Hidden. It would at least give players something to try and do when depleted. :)

Ging
12th May 2006, 13:46
No, no melee weapons for IRIS - end of... If you've used up all the ammo you're given than you deserve to die, weeping and alone in a corner. Especially if you've recieved ammunition from a supply class as well!

Sir Psycho Zeo
12th May 2006, 14:30
May I suggest a panic button? If you're cornered or about to get killed, you could press one key to give out either an aural or text alert saying your under attach. Most of time you won't have time to select it from the usual command rose. It could cause the player to shout "Need backup!" which could be heard from a reasonable distance away, or give it out in text-based form. It would only be permitted occasionally, and like any voice commands, persistent spamming of it would cause the player to be blocked from all communicate.

M_C
12th May 2006, 18:22
May I suggest a panic button?
I suggest:

bind "p" "panicbutton"
alias "panicbutton" "say_team Save me JEBUS!";bind "p" "pb02"
alias "pb02" "say_team There's a hidden on my head and I can't get it off!"; bind "p" pb03
alias "pb03" "say_team BACK UP, I need BACK UP!; bind "p" "panicbutton"

There you go, a 3 alias panic button, just add it to your autoexec.cfg and press "P" to activate. Raise your hand if you're scared. :D

Sir Psycho Zeo
12th May 2006, 19:31
On ths issue of melee weapons again, I just want to fill an inconsistency in the IRIS ability. It's unreasonable and unrealistic that an IRIS member would do nothing when attacked and without ammo. He could pistol whip and cause no damage, only stunning the Hidden for a maximum of a quarter of a second. Or he could raise his primary gun to his face and upper chest to protect from an attack for maybe a quarter of a second.

These aren't offensive acts on the Hidden, and in all likelihood will not stop him or stop you from dying, but possible only delay it for a very brief time. This at least gives backup a chance to arrive, and stops the feeling of complete helplessness some people have in this situation.

Night Raider
12th May 2006, 19:37
Try to conserver ammo. 3 magazines are more than enough to hunt down and kill a single enemy. Plus, if you REALLY want some more ammo, try to use the radio to request and pray that a support class player gives you some more.

Ging
12th May 2006, 20:00
You really, really don't need to make the same suggestions in two different places... If anything it's more likely to get them dismissed out of hand.

Sir Psycho Zeo
12th May 2006, 20:08
You misunderstand. I have no problems keeping ammo. It's just a suggestion for the benefit of others and to solve a small problem (or what I percieve to be one). Why people end up without ammo doesn't really matter, it can happen for legitimate reasons. For example, if the server is fairly empty and there is only 2 or 3 IRIS members, sometimes people will use 1 or 2 round bursts to keep the Hidden away until they can get backup. As well as this, it's often wise to take some pot shots from a distance, and the accuracy of the primary and secondary weapons means you'll usually waste a good half a clip before you get some hits. Personally, I'd never need this change, but others might. Think of new players coming along as well:

IRIS member: "****, im outta ammo! We got any ammo guys here?"
IRIS teammate: "Ammmmm..nope, we got none."
IRIS member: "I just spent alot of ammo damaging the Hidden and keeping him at bay while I get in a good position, and now you're telling me I've to just sit here like a lame duck!?"
IRIS teammate: "yup, should conserve your ammo in the future."
IRIS member: "Not my fault I seen the Hidden alot. I also needed some ammo to move barrels and destroy boxes to give me a clearer view from my strategic position. Is there nothing I can do now? Block attacks of stun him or anything?"
IRIS teammate: "Nope, sorry."
IRIS member: "This sucks, im gone."

Im sure no one wants babies playing, but if you consider that one person's view matters than you might see my arguement. If it wasn't for one guy telling me how great this mod was (and it is btw, best ever) I wouldn't have started playing it, nor would have I invited 6 or 7 friends whom are now regularly playing it alongside myself. So overall, it wouldn't hurt to add this idea, I feel.

Ging: Sorry I added the new comment to this page of the topic and meant to delete it from my first post. I thought I had, sorry.

hutch
12th May 2006, 20:30
IRIS member: "****, im outta ammo! We got any ammo guys here?"
IRIS teammate: "Ammmmm..nope, we got none."
IRIS member: "I just spent alot of ammo damaging the Hidden and keeping him at bay while I get in a good position, and now you're telling me I've to just sit here like a lame duck!?"
IRIS teammate: "yup, should conserve your ammo in the future."
IRIS member: "Not my fault I seen the Hidden alot. I also needed some ammo to move barrels and destroy boxes to give me a clearer view from my strategic position. Is there nothing I can do now? Block attacks of stun him or anything?"
IRIS teammate: "Nope, sorry."
IRIS member: "This sucks, im gone."

not to be asss but you made me lol

Demented
12th May 2006, 20:45
IRIS teammate: "Not my fault you miss him alot! Now stand in that doorway and cover it. With your body. So I don't have to worry about getting pigstuck from behind. In fact, consider yourself my slave robot until next round."

See? You can still be useful. =D

hutch
12th May 2006, 21:01
IRIS teammate: "Not my fault you miss him alot! Now stand in that doorway and cover it. With your body. So I don't have to worry about getting pigstuck from behind. In fact, consider yourself my slave robot until next round."

See? You can still be useful. =D
pan asked me to do that once...
i did :p

slide5050
16th May 2006, 23:03
i have played the hidden for a while, and it is a revolutionary change from anything else..i love the atmopshere, tension of wondering where the hidden is.....the closest i can get to is Splinter cell's online...but that wasn't as action packed........however i have noticed that generaly, the hidden seems to win alot less then the iris...mabye the hidden are harder to play as...(i think) usually the hidden will kill one to two people...but then the 6 iris left are there and kill the hidden.... but mabye a way of evening it out could be for larger teams of 9 iris have 2 hidden? or mabye lessen the amount of iris to 7 or 8. also i agree with the need for a melee attack....mabye it shouldn't do much damage....but even an untrained security guard could swing a gun like a bat or something...

Naib
25th May 2006, 12:25
This thread should be renamed to "Please read before posting suggestions"

Might cut down on the number of posts with ideas that have already been shot down.

Cl_flushentityhero
28th May 2006, 20:17
By "not giving IRIS more weaponry" do you mean having larger loadouts, or additional variety?

Demented
28th May 2006, 20:33
Well, technically, it says "any more weaponary", which I assume is the code word for the equipment list. So that means that any more equipment or weapons are going to have to be squeezed into the current list. It'll be a tight fit.

Ging
28th May 2006, 22:19
By "not giving IRIS more weaponry" do you mean having larger loadouts, or additional variety?

We mean no more weaponry or equipment... In any form...

scratch
6th June 2006, 18:38
Just out of curiosity: Are you thinking about changing the fn303 somewhat? It's a cool weapon, but atm it's a bit useless. Just a bit.

Sonic
6th June 2006, 18:50
It's plenty useful, but people need to work together to use it.

Lord Al
6th June 2006, 19:55
Should come in handy when the new gamemodes come out.

QReaper
6th June 2006, 20:24
Just wait, it'll be more useful. Not more powerful, but more useful, right guys?;)

hutch
7th June 2006, 01:01
Just wait, it'll be more useful. Not more powerful, but more useful, right guys?;)
I fear that in weighted servers we might will have full teams with fn303's :/

Ging
7th June 2006, 01:20
I fear that in weighted servers we might will have full teams with fn303's :/

It's possible, but no bad thing...

hutch
7th June 2006, 01:29
It's possible, but no bad thing...
You haven't seen what the 303 does to me...it makes me do bad, bad things to players.....

Lord Al
7th June 2006, 07:28
It the kinda thing that makes you wana pigstick :)

Blau
10th June 2006, 07:05
Im in favour of light switches or some kind of power system causing areas to become poorly lit. How about in Manor you have a dark room with a fire that the hidden can put out, the advantage of no light works both ways - The hidden cant see and neither can the IRIS (without a suitable light device) and the hidden has to stop moving to use aura vision.

More ways to cause general confusion and fear among the IRIS would be fun, if the hidden can throw around big barrels and crates, he should be able to throw bodies at least half the distance.

I think in terms of a 'pushing IRIS members' idea by pressing use on them, if its ever added could be complimented by a screen jarring effect making it feel like you were really being shoved. There would have to be some kind of balance involving the technique of course, thats if you havent tested the idea very much already.

Veon
10th June 2006, 10:56
Im in favour of light switches or some kind of power system causing areas to become poorly lit. How about in Manor you have a dark room with a fire that the hidden can put out, the advantage of no light works both ways - The hidden cant see and neither can the IRIS (without a suitable light device) and the hidden has to stop moving to use aura vision.

More ways to cause general confusion and fear among the IRIS would be fun, if the hidden can throw around big barrels and crates, he should be able to throw bodies at least half the distance.

I think in terms of a 'pushing IRIS members' idea by pressing use on them, if its ever added could be complimented by a screen jarring effect making it feel like you were really being shoved. There would have to be some kind of balance involving the technique of course, thats if you havent tested the idea very much already.
No pushing, completly black rooms look shit.

Demented
10th June 2006, 11:06
Pushing will be completely unnecessary come Beta 4.

Black rooms look quite fine if the mapper is any good. Though a map with pitch-black rooms would still need to be well-lit, otherwise.

steve101101
13th June 2006, 13:04
Try to allow the hidden to move around on the wall while he is clinging to the wall/celling for his 8 seconds. I think this will improve the gameplay and make traping the hidden harder for the I.R.I.S. team.

gliger
13th June 2006, 19:36
This actually happend:I was playing Hidden and i saw the hidden running up to me. So i shot 2 shells of shotgun from point blank. Blood ever where, but he did not die. Then he hits me with a pigstick and i die. =-'(

Suggestion:Make the game more realistic. We got SWAT over here with armor and bullets up the but. Then we got the man. Ya he is super and all but look at it. Bullets into skin from point blank with no armor. One poke with a knive through bullet proof armor, or just armor and the man wins.

Demented
13th June 2006, 21:20
Suggestion:Make the game more realistic.

Actually, we need to work on your aim. Truth is, the shotgun can kill the Hidden in just one shot, but you have to hit him first.

Just because you see blood doesn't necessarily mean you hit him. Your computer predicts that you hit the guy, so it shows blood. But then the server says "No, the guy was over here, not over there". Your computer then weeps and begs for you to get fibre-optic.

gliger
16th June 2006, 04:37
The funny thing is, is that i do have fibre-optic. My internet is just fine. O and my suggestion is that the hidden's little meter on his power. Plz give him more power. If a guy is super strong then y does he have a limit to his strength? When i am trying to pounce out of a shoot down and i run out of juce i am dead. Or when you pounce then hang to a wall, your meter is almost have gone. After that you want to try to use your vision while your hanging but that just drains your meter even faster. POWER TO THE HIDDEN!!
lol.

Demented
16th June 2006, 04:52
The funny thing is, is that i do have fibre-optic. My internet is just fine.

=O
Yeah, Valve's netcode is just that bad.

As for the power usage... That'd actually be a neat suggestion to debate over. Since you can change the regen rate and all.... If the devs are open to tweaking it, the idea could use its own thread.

Shadowe
17th June 2006, 22:44
cl_interpolate 0 will stop all of those "BS I HIT HIM!" moments, although the game will feel jerky as hell if it's a low tic server.

[too much time on my hands]
I was playing Bloodlines (first castlevania game with gore) and i got to the mansion stage when it hit me like a fish.

People whine about the hidden being too hard to see AND too easy to see. Why not have him create a "broken mirror" effect when standing still, subtle and difficult to see unless you're looking for it, and when he moves it shifts to a more ripple-like effect, like the current shader.

the Dx7-ers could be taken care of by having a few different skins for them to rotate through of varying degrees of visibility.