PDA

View Full Version : ohhh just found out about this

DOA
20th July 2006, 18:53
The whole time I was playing this mod, I just found about this ranking system. Now I kinda regret all the hours I spent clearing out servers that were not ranked. I hope to be playing with you guys in ranked servers really soon. (top 50 here I come)

chilly
20th July 2006, 19:15
System isnt very old, couple weeks or so

Kasim Slovak
20th July 2006, 19:29
when u think playing on ranked servers is worth more ur certainly wrong

i, for my part dont have no favorite server, but just randomly join one with a good ping

nevertheless its interessting to see ones stats

edit: BUT ranking stuff doesnt improve teamplay in my eyes!! - whenever there was a ranking sys introduced, ppl became more unfriendly, reckless, selfish, heading for being #1 ...

or maybe im just too pessimistic

RaideR
21st July 2006, 07:34
People have allways been that way, just the fact that they can see how good they are doesnt make it worce. People find excuses allways something to blame!

-SM-SUCKER
21st July 2006, 07:58
I share Kasims opinion. Don't know how it affects Hidden-Gameplay but in CSS I've seen many players just playing for the stats, meaning they wont try to defuse a bomb if there is a slight chance of failure. They forget about the GAME and think they have to score so their pen** might grow with every kill. I\ve played once with hard2see, it's no fun. Yesterday we had a great game on smokeys weighted ps=off. Masterpod and Adamz were there and we rocked with the 303 still trying barrelkills... you won't see this kind of gamestyle with hard2see or rank-seeking people.

Demented
21st July 2006, 08:01
People have allways been that way, just the fact that they can see how good they are doesnt make it worce. People find excuses allways something to blame!

Actually, it does.
It shouldn't matter too much, though. This mod's based on one individual lording it over the rest. :p

chilly
21st July 2006, 08:27
So encourage servers to put "ranked" in their names so that you can make the decision to play for stats or not.

DOA
25th July 2006, 04:05
crawling my way up the rank

"im the best around, and nothings ever gonna keep me down"

RANX
4th August 2006, 10:02
Talking bout teamplay, like anyone in the former top 50 played teamwise!?
Don't try to sell barrelkills as something diff'rent than trying to add physicskills to yr stats. The entire teamelement; assault/support, motiondetectors are only there to give beginners a false sense of security, so they won't be discouraged after playing the mod ones.

Just like the random and the ovr mode. Plz don't try to implement more 'team'elements in this mod cuz it isn't. Almost every longer playing gamer will hunt alone.

The.ViruS
4th August 2006, 11:24
I never really try for physics kills. I enjoy he odd one but prefer to throw barrels at people to scare them. Good distraction as well.

waRp^
4th August 2006, 13:45
i always tryes 2 physich kill the last person, i have killed around 25 so far:eek: in the 2 first days after ranking was resetted