PDA

View Full Version : Router problem?

TheCell
14th July 2006, 23:55
Has any of you ever hosted a server on a lynksys wrt54g V5.0 router? The game runs fine, I have a large margin for bandwidth(tested with 8 players, around 30-50ms). However, the game appears on the steam public server list for only 15-30 minutes for a given port. After 15-30 minutes, it doesn't show up, but if I change the port(say 27016), it appears again, and after 15-30, not listed anymore. I have open ports from 27000 to 27030. I've every version of the firmware for my router, and nothing works. The only solution I got from steam support is "Get another router". I've also tested it with HL2DM, and after 1 hour, it still showed up on the steam public server list.

Any idea?

Paegus
15th July 2006, 01:51
not on a wireless connection i hope...

you should only need to forward the game port (27015 UDP/TCP) for the server.

make sure your cable/dsl modem is not infact a modem/router combo. you can see this by checking the linksys router's WAN ip.

if your [i]sv_region[/b] set correctly? 1: USWest, 2:USEast, 3:Europe.

TheCell
15th July 2006, 02:45
My modem is not a modem/router combo, Yes, my region is set correctly, and yes, I'm using the wire(my laptop is wireless). I forgot to mention that even if the game doesn't appear on the steam public server list, we can still connect to it. To the best of my knowledge, everything is perfect.