PDA

View Full Version : Radio Randomly and Routinely Goes off

DeathToll_David
10th July 2006, 14:18
Every time I bump into another player or into a wall, desk, table, whatever my radio always goes off and says "reporting in"

It happens quite a bit as I am going through the maps. Running randomly.

When I noticed it doesnt happen to anyone else I figured it is something on my end. But I dont know what the heck is doing it.

It is only THAT command and it only happens when I bump things.

Although I know this happens when you stay in one place for some time, that is not when this occurs.

What can I do?

Klaus Brockley
10th July 2006, 15:26
Look my friend you dont realise if you stay in a certain 'sector' for like 1-2 mins then it will automaticly say. You may not know who is dead so when they hear it go 'Reporting in' then it shows your are still alive for the other I.R.I.S member it makes the game better also it may say Still here.

DeathToll_David
10th July 2006, 15:30
Which is EXACTLY why I proposed the question the way I did.

I am running around through the map and it is going off.

Yes I know if I stay still it goes off. That is not when this happens.

That's why I have waited so long to repost this bug, because I knew that was the response I was going to receive.

Again this happens WHEN I am running through the maps. Not while I am in one area for a while.

Paegus
10th July 2006, 16:06
i've seen server logs that show that all players are sending the radio message simultaniously. though ingame you only see yours. i'm pretty sure it's a bug either way.

DeathToll_David
10th July 2006, 16:27
i've seen server logs that show that all players are sending the radio message simultaniously. though ingame you only see yours. i'm pretty sure it's a bug either way.

Thanks. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

Demented
10th July 2006, 18:33
In a nutshell:

Someone calls for a Report In.
Everyone Reports In.
But nobody hears anyone else Reporting In!

Suffice to say, it's not random, it's just some guy who's pressing the Report In comm and driving you insane.

butterқnife
10th July 2006, 23:06
You're definately not alone on this one David. I occasionally experience the same thing. I'm not one to stand still at all, and I still 'report in' all the time. It would actually be helpful if I knew who else was reporting in (I assume - the way it's supposed to work).

Ging
10th July 2006, 23:12
All the players sending at once is not a bug, other peoples text not appearing is an issue however.

This will happen when someone uses the "Report In" radio command.

DeathToll_David
11th July 2006, 03:34
Understood thanks.