View Full Version : Name Changing while dead

wewt
10th July 2006, 02:13
The Dead IRIS can change thier names while dead

]name "hes camping in the vents"
<name> has changed name to hes camping in the vents
(Hidden) w00t: Thanks!

Hidden sees this, Last IRIS is fucked.

Granted its great for those effing campers chewing away at the time while we wait, it's not entirely intended.

Demented
10th July 2006, 02:47
It'll probably be fixed, just for the Hidden's sake. (And because name spam is annoying!)

I just wish all-talk worked with text too. Not everybody has a mic, you sods!

wewt
10th July 2006, 04:23
Alltalk doesnt work for mics...does it?

it will if 'sv_alltalk 1' is set

I remember shanking a guy who was babbling on the mic and it just went silent

starstriker1
10th July 2006, 04:45
If the server has set alltalk, then you can use the mic to talk to living players. Otherwise, you can cut them off mid speech... always gratifying. ;)

As for the name changing, thats actually an old, old way of getting around it. Probably is a bug, but I've never seen it exploited...

Paegus
10th July 2006, 09:06
i thought they were going to marine_clip all the vents at some point like they did to derelict's upper upstairs...

wewt
12th July 2006, 01:08
i thought they were going to marine_clip all the vents at some point like they did to derelict's upper upstairs...

Whoa, where'd that come from? Were talkin' bout the name changing-to-give-away-locations-as-a-spectator deal.

Paegus
12th July 2006, 09:55
it came from the mention of vent camping?

as far as i'm aware each map is supposed to have "hidden" areas where only the hidden can get to. this would usually be vents.

Kitty_Loaf
12th July 2006, 19:55
i see no problem with name changing. If someone wants to talk that way, go ahead. I use it from time to time, but it gets annoying to do.