PDA

View Full Version : Admin Abuse

gliger
9th July 2006, 18:30
I was playing on a server called 9th Infantry hidden source B4a. While i was playing i noticed that random was off. So i was playing and i killed the hidden but i did not become him. After killing the hidden 3 time and not becomeing hidden i started to wonder. I noticed only 3 people out of 7-8 were becomeing hidden no matter what. These 3 people are, (E-co) Knife in the dark, Sigmond, An_ Insomniance_nightmare. Later i figured out that the admin or one of them is doing it for there little friends....unfair to others.

[Question] Is there any thing i can do about this instead of posting a thread about it?

Isolation
9th July 2006, 18:41
It's possible that it just went that way (It's happened to me too, on a server with no admin). I don't know of it's even possible to "assign" the Hidden to anyone, even through Mani or anything similar.

gliger
9th July 2006, 19:17
Ya but it went between the three guys the whole game and the next+they were smart asses about it.

Dan(Jimmeh.Hunter)
9th July 2006, 20:16
weighting and knife isnt an admin me 'n' him are buddies:D

edit°
9th July 2006, 22:47
I don't think admins can set anything to do with weighting in this way.

Paegus
9th July 2006, 23:06
well given that they can force team changes in other mods it's not unreasonable to assume someone has figured a way to do it for this mod. though as long as they don't do it on ranked servers... it's their puck so either roll with it or find another server. once everyone else has cottoned onto it their yard is likely to be pretty empty and they'll have to change.

Demented
10th July 2006, 00:09
And until the thread opened, I was having images of some poor admin getting beat over the head by a rolling pin.

They could've been handing the Hidden off to eachother, and the one time you killed him you just got unlucky with the weighting.

gliger
10th July 2006, 00:23
Ya that might be true but i killed 3 more times and one of thoes 3 got it but ya ill just roll with it. I was just wondering if there was any thing i could do.

starstriker1
10th July 2006, 03:02
If it was a weighted server, its likely that you only made the killing blow, instead of doing all the damage.

detached
10th July 2006, 03:50
I host the 9th Infantry zones for Xenocidalic (mullen1220 on here I think it is), and can safely say looking in his users.ini (we use BAT) that none of those 3 we're/are admins. Can also say the only admins on the server have [9th Infantry] in their names.

If I knew which server it was, I could look back in the log, or even tell you if it is weighted or not.

gliger
10th July 2006, 04:16
k it just seemed wierd that i killed the hidden so many times and it went to thoes three every time even when someone els killed the hidden.

mullen1200
13th July 2006, 07:33
Seriously, gliger. Dont bother coming back on our servers. You've played long enough on them to know that I wouldnt do that. The only admins are in 9th infantry, and a good friend of mine who happens to be a mature adult. It was quite silly to make an entire thread, and call it admin abuse before you even had any idea what you were talking about. I regret not checking this forum earlier to clear things up. And as far as I do know, there isnt a way to give players hidden, except by handing it off, as someone mentioned earlier.

wewt
13th July 2006, 09:47
And if your [recon]gliger, who i think you might be, your not a very smart cookie, ive played with you, and your the type to call anyone who killed you a "faggot bitch". Your not old enough to have a valid opinion, nor play this game.

P.S. - I'm w00t™, you see me alot to the left of your name in the deathnotify area :)