PDA

View Full Version : Is a nade/303 supposed to do this to me?

DeathToll_David
7th July 2006, 13:23
I have been meaning to post this for some time now. Whenever I am shot by a 303 or am hit by a nade this is what happens. I can actually see my desktop through the game itself.

I know this cant be what is supposed to happen right?

http://www.thehighlenderfamily.us/nade303shot.jpg

My Data:
GeForce 5500 FX OC - Latest drivers as of 7/3/06
Beta b4a - Upgrade from previous version not the full install
Directx 9
3 GHZ
1 Gig ram

Dead Inside
7th July 2006, 13:35
:confused: odd

Anyway, can you post some hardware details and DX/driver details too, might help in figuring it out if its not already known about!

Actually can you also say if you did a full install of B4a or upgraded and if you have tried reinstalling from a full B4a download?

DeathToll_David
7th July 2006, 14:04
Yup sorry about that. I was in a hurry this morning.

GeForce 5500 FX OC
Beta b4a - Upgrade from previous version not the full install
Directx 9
3 GHZ
1 Gig ram

I also edited my above post to include this data.

Cyborg
7th July 2006, 17:15
heh thats kinda funny. try downloading the full b4a install.

DeathToll_David
7th July 2006, 17:38
It did not fix the issue.

Hindo
7th July 2006, 18:38
Maybe you should ask your mum maybe she can help:)

EDITED: Well then i think it is a bug in the blur that makes it go like that...

DeathToll_David
7th July 2006, 18:51
You obviously didnt read my original post.

Ging
7th July 2006, 19:36
There's 0 reason for that to happen, so it's got me completely stumped... Not in windowed mode or anything (that shouldn't be an issue, but best to check)

DeathToll_David
7th July 2006, 19:57
Ging,

Since no one else is confirming it is happening to them it is obviously something on my end. I'm not in window mode so we can rule that out. This has happened to me since I started playing around b2.

I'll play around with some settings and let you know if I find a solution.

According to the one sticky post on what vid card people are using only a few people have the same vid card as me.

Can anyone who is using a GForce FX 5500 confirm this is or is not happening to them too. Just to rule that part out.

Any help is appreciated.

wewt
10th July 2006, 01:31
Actually this happens to me to, In CS:S with flashbangs and in this game, it's the motion blur shaders and how the FX cards handle them, i have a FX5200 btw.

starstriker1
10th July 2006, 03:04
If its got to do with Geforce cards, perhaps you should make sure the drivers are up to date?

wewt
10th July 2006, 04:21
Mine are, im guessin it has something to do with the desktop always in the GPUs memory, the shader just superimposes it for whatever reason, not quite sure its fixable from the game

DeathToll_David
10th July 2006, 14:16
If its got to do with Geforce cards, perhaps you should make sure the drivers are up to date?

Read my original post from top to bottom before you reply please.