PDA

View Full Version : Aura bugs :)

Dr.SharK
7th July 2006, 08:12
If you stand REALLY close up a wall, the screen will (likely) flicker if you use aura. This happens to me alot in Stalkyard

Sometimes; Players don't have an aura. In small maps like Origin, this is extremely annoying when you jump into a person that didn't show on aura.

Just my 0.02$

-Dr.SharK

Cyborg
7th July 2006, 08:41
displacements seem to affect the aura vision very heavily and there are quite a few displacement walls on Origin. act as if youre in the olden days and try not to rely on it TOO much.

Paegus
7th July 2006, 09:09
also if you're on the rims just out of the water in sewers aura doesn't always work.

Boxy
7th July 2006, 09:31
At the moment the aura will only allow you to see people who are in your PVS. Origin is slightly more optimised than some of the other maps and as such theres more chance that the IRIS can be out of your PVS and as such wont appear when you use the Aura.

I believe the coders are looking into a different way of displaying the players auras so that you can always see everyones aura, no matter where they are in the map.

Dr.SharK
7th July 2006, 09:50
At the moment the aura will only allow you to see people who are in your PVS. Origin is slightly more optimised than some of the other maps and as such theres more chance that the IRIS can be out of your PVS and as such wont appear when you use the Aura.

I believe the coders are looking into a different way of displaying the players auras so that you can always see everyones aura, no matter where they are in the map.

That wasen't excactly what i meant. I mean, that he was running in a group, and had No aura! I was later killed by that guy because i couldn't see him through the wall

@Cyborg, this happens on displacements alot, so you might be right.