PDA

View Full Version : Smokeys Servers - Contact Details

Dead Inside
5th July 2006, 00:09
Right, its been far too long in the making and is still basic and rather ugly, but theres now a proper website up for all contact with smokey server admins.

The website can be found here (http://www.smokeytarget.co.uk)

It should be used as a contact point for everything related to our servers; bans, reports, requests etc. Map and other hidden related downloads will be added soon.

Any posts regarding bans from our servers made here will NOT recieve any attention, other than a referral to our own site, this is to ensure the hidden website does not continue to become cluttered with pointless threads about being banned.

Reports of cheaters and tk'ers on our servers or indeed other servers made here will still be monitored, although these are obviously also welcome on our forum too.

Server rules and information is available in stickied posts on the site along with some other bits and bobs of information, reading them before you post on the site is advisable.

We are not looking for anyone to redesign the website or any server admins so don't bother asking us, if we think you can help us out, we'll ask you.

This website obviously also gives you a place to request changes or additions to the server setup, including map rotations and other variables like hidden selection methods. The current setups seem to be fairly popular so no significant changes are expected but some feedback will help to improve the servers for your benefit. As some of the more popular custom maps become final releases they will probably work there way into the other servers rotations as well, allowing the custom map server to continue to run new beta custom maps and provide more variety.

Anyway, its late and this heat is making me ramble as well as sweat uncontrollably, so i shall stop...... now.

Smokey
5th July 2006, 00:24
Excellent news, once more thanks for all your hard work DI -- the cheque is in the post.

Keep it up and I might sign the next one :D ,

Smokey.

SkaveRat
5th July 2006, 01:00
I love your browser statistics :D

MSIE: 29.88 % (335)
FireFox: 70.02 % (785)

http://www.pwc-clan.de/img/firefox.gif

Smokey
5th July 2006, 01:57
I love your browser statistics :D

MSIE: 29.88 % (335)
FireFox: 70.02 % (785)

http://www.pwc-clan.de/img/firefox.gif

Well, we had to do some testing with IE before the kick off!

Ging
5th July 2006, 11:13
I feel vaguely cheated that I can't access it from (I assume) a non-UK IP address - I'm currently in France and it's telling me that I don't have a valid IP! :D

-SM-SUCKER
5th July 2006, 12:04
Worked fine for me, maybe it's just the french :p

Ging
5th July 2006, 12:19
Interesting...

You are using an Invalid IP to access this site!

Is what it displays to me, just from clicking the link provided earlier... funkeh munkehs!

Dead Inside
5th July 2006, 12:31
I feel vaguely cheated that I can't access it from (I assume) a non-UK IP address - I'm currently in France and it's telling me that I don't have a valid IP! :D

Hmm must be down to nukesentinel. I know its blocking a few refferal domain things, but theres nothing i've added in from its default settings, actually pretty much forgot to have a poke around in it for this website :o

Can you view deadweb from where you are or is it blocked too? Its got pretty much the same setup.

Edit: Hmm IANA apparently released some blocks of previously reserved IP addresses, so i'll update the database and see if theres any other fixes out to try and sort this problem.

Edit 2: I've updated the db to remove the newly released IP blocks, hopefully that will fix it, if not i'll have another hunt for a possible fix later.

The Live server monitor is also up now, although it lacks any pictures of the maps at present, i may get around to modifying it so it reflects hidden rather than hl2 icons at some point as well.