PDA

View Full Version : G5 Mouse work with Hidden?

Mitigator
1st July 2006, 03:11
Ive been playing Hidden for a while now and recently got the new version and now some of the mouse buttons dont work in the game anymore. If anyone knows the G5...there is a button for the thumb...i cant get it to work for hidden...effectively driving me nuts ive checked all the settings i know of and i cant figure it out...patch problem? my problem? easily solvable with a stick of dynamite?

starstriker1
1st July 2006, 04:29
I wouldn't say that the stick of dynamite would SOLVE anything, but it would certainly be a lot of fun.

hutch
1st July 2006, 04:43
I wouldn't say that the stick of dynamite would SOLVE anything, but it would certainly be a lot of fun.
bah a stick of dynamite can solve anything, IF you have a lighter :p
As for your mouse, do you have anyproblems in anyother source games?
and are the drivers all upto date

CheZDa
1st July 2006, 10:30
I have a G5 and it works just fine. :)

Night Raider
1st July 2006, 15:41
Same here, my G5 is working perfectly.

Ging
1st July 2006, 20:34
My G7 (wireless G5) works just fine, I use the thumb button for secondary fire... Try binding mouse4 in the console.

Paegus
1st July 2006, 20:49
failing that you could google around for the UberOptions expansion for logitech drives as it gives you much better per-application button re-bindings.

Mitigator
2nd July 2006, 06:22
Peeps, i got the newest drivers...still no dice. Effed in the A i think. Paegus any suggestions as to where i could find such niceties? Im leaning towards a complete reformat to the drive...its about due.

MiasmicAnomie
2nd July 2006, 06:33
I have a G5.

Did you install the 'extra software' thingy (I forget exactly what it was called), instead of just the drivers?

If so - uninstall the extra software thingy. I had an issue like that, and AFAICT that extra software hooks certain buttons and apps don't even receive them as a mouse event.

The other alternative is to go in and tell that software that you want that button bound to a keypress, instead of whatever the function it bound is, for hl2.exe. Setting up seperate configs for specific apps like that seemed a pain in the ass, so I just uninstalled it and run on just the plain drivers.

Paegus
2nd July 2006, 11:04
Paegus any suggestions as to where i could find such niceties?

google + uberoptions = 1st link

Dr.Dwatson
2nd July 2006, 17:21
I use G5, never had any problems with it, i got the tumb button as mouse 5 or mouse aux 1 or something like that, you can configure it in the setpoint thing.
and yea i use max dpi when i play the hidden

Mitigator
9th July 2006, 03:09
Uberoptions is wicked sweet, problem solved. Thanks broskies