PDA

View Full Version : Probably a simple answer but..

Disabl3d
29th June 2006, 20:10
My question is, with Mani-Mod, how do you make it so when people join they dont have to download all those sound files that comes with mani-mod. Like the "hello" and "move" sounds. Their unnecissary and is just another thing to download from the server which makes my server's latency crap..

SynxUK
29th June 2006, 20:23
Remove the sounds from the server. As in, delete them.

Disabl3d
29th June 2006, 20:30
thats the only way?

SynxUK
29th June 2006, 20:31
Sorry? Was you looking for and even simpler way? :eek: It's about as easy as it gets.

Boxy
29th June 2006, 21:50
Im sure there is a way of shutting them off, we turned them off on the old Hidden servers we used to run for the Hiddenites. Its in the mani.cfg or something I believe. And for the peons(like me!) that hate downloading that crap when joining the servers that have them on, cl_downloadfilter none is your friend.

SynxUK
30th June 2006, 12:44
But that only stops the download for those with the filter on.

Removing them ensures no one has to download them.

ThunderDan
30th June 2006, 15:59
I believe this is your simple answer - that boxy refered to.

// mani_sounds_auto_download is a cvar to control whether server sounds
// (not quake sounds) are auto downloaded to a client. If set to 0 you must
// provide your own .res files to initiate transfers to a client.
// If you change this value from 1 to 0 while the server is running you
// must restart your server.
mani_sounds_auto_download 0

mullen1200
30th June 2006, 20:21
Mani causes hell with hidden servers, so I wouldnt use it anyways, lots of thing causes the server to crash in it.

ThunderDan
30th June 2006, 22:07
Mani is awesome you just have to update it between new hidden releases - the gametype.txt file is usually all that needs editing.

SkaveRat
30th June 2006, 22:13
and you have to delete the TK punishment system. Just forgive and slay works, the other things don't work and sometimes crashes the server

ThunderDan
30th June 2006, 22:47
forgive, slay, burn, slap all work. The only things that cause problems as in does something other than just not work is freeze. It'll make people transparent until they rejoin the server or a map change.

SkaveRat
30th June 2006, 23:11
drugging seems broken, too