PDA

View Full Version : Offline practice.

-OOPSIE-
27th June 2006, 14:32
Is there a way for me to play the maps as hidden, alone and offline? I tried setting up a server but it says it needs one more person to join before it starts.

SkaveRat
27th June 2006, 14:36
open console and type in:

sv_cheats 1
bot_add

then you have a stupid bot ingame. He has no AI and will run against every wall untill you kill him

Cranky
27th June 2006, 16:27
then you have a stupid bot ingame. He has no AI and will run against every wall untill you kill him

But he is kind and understanding about it, and will let you do it again and again and again. (Tip: start with 2 bots and you. One of you will be picked as a hidden. If it is a bot, kick it. If it is you, add_bot. After adding and removing bots for a while you will become hidden)

SkaveRat
27th June 2006, 17:50
or type in mat_wireframe 1, find and kill the hidden-bot ;)

Cranky
28th June 2006, 16:29
or type in mat_wireframe 1, find and kill the hidden-bot ;)

oooh, cool...

swift777
29th June 2006, 11:49
LoL i was having some fun offline and the bot was running into a fire a burning so i couldnt kill him as the Hidden:confused: They are so stupid, will the mappers please add waypoints for the bots to go.

SkaveRat
29th June 2006, 11:56
LoL i was having some fun offline and the bot was running into a fire a burning so i couldnt kill him as the Hidden:confused: They are so stupid, will the mappers please add waypoints for the bots to go.
the bots don't follow waypoints.

They are only there to help mappers testing their map

Cranky
29th June 2006, 22:27
Ging has a side-project he does on his spare time; making smart bots for hidden. Considering how much spare time he actually has we will have to wait some time for the final bots to come out.