PDA

View Full Version : need a server host

Disabl3d
27th June 2006, 03:55
Does anyone know any quality server rental sites that supports the Hidden mod? My server I run myself gets laggy when people download the custom maps from it and it can't handle 10 players. I want to get a 10 slot server for hidden source for like 25 bucks a month or lower. I'd really appreciate any help finding a host. I'd like to get a nice server going that runs official maps, custom maps and help test some guys' beta maps and not have to deal with lag.

chilly
27th June 2006, 07:30
Looks as though you are in the states, else I'd be happy to oblige. (I'd be happy to anyway, but 100+ pings are no fun).

SkaveRat
27th June 2006, 10:33
If you know sb that can handle linux, you should get a basic linux root server.

Cost about 40-50$/Month and you can host a few servers on it (about 3-4 full server depending on hardware).
You can sell the other servers to friends, or split the costs.

Disabl3d
28th June 2006, 18:02
I tried a site called http://www.clanservers.com/game_servers/ they support a bunch of games and several mods for HL and HL2. I asked them if they could set up a server for hidden and they said they dont support it. I was thinking maybe if enough people requested a server for Hidden-Source, maybe they'll figure its worth it to get Hidden on their supported games list. They offer a good deal for HL2dm and CS, $1.99 per slot (10 man server would be $19.95 a month) , no set up fee, and a free website. I'd figure it'd be the same for hidden if they supported it. Anyone else wanna try and change their minds about not supporting Hidden?

mullen1200
29th June 2006, 00:40
Art of War Central does it, but if it ever crashes it has to be restarted manually, and it takes a few tickets before everything gets working, but other then that they are great (quite fast customer support)

Disabl3d
29th June 2006, 01:04
Ill look into it, but ive been in clan for bf1942 a long while ago that had problems with ArtofWar and not too long ago a css clan that had issues with artofwar server crashed quite often and got major lag spikes frequently with only 6 players on. If their prices are right ill give them i try though, since i cant seem to find any other hosts. Anyway thats just my experiences, thank you for the information.