PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashing

PanFrie
26th June 2006, 19:28
ok, so since the update ive started crashing. ive got a GeForce 6600 GT, and b3 NEVER crashed for me. wtf...

SkaveRat
26th June 2006, 19:46
happens sometimes in B4

hopefully fixed in B5

lazarusoul
30th June 2006, 17:09
Yeh, i have a NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT. With PCI-e. I keep crashing too.
Ive updated my drivers and still no luck. S
omeone help... Ive been playing Hidden since B1 and its always been fine.
I cant wait for it to be fixed in B5. There must be someone who has some ideas on how to help.

Soul

Pookie
8th July 2006, 11:12
Yeah thought id sign up and say me too.
i downloaded this mod like a yr ago when it was beta 1 but there were no aussie servers so i didnt play much, i never crashed however. ive redownloaded now cause there are aussie servers but i seem to crash every 2 mins. ive got 6600gt too. maybe u guys could release a hotfix or sumthing cause this mod looks really good.
EDIT: its actually only sum maps that scrash constantly, i had few good games on a couple which never crashed.

-SM-SUCKER
16th July 2006, 13:48
I had some timeouts and crash to the desktop since b3. But last week there was something different, the hole pc locks up and restarts. I've checked for viruses etc: nothing
Heat problem: no
Installed something new: no
At the steampowerd forums I found out that it's a source related problem, coming with the latest update.
Anyone else having similar issues? Must be source because I have formated C: (was about time though) and reinstalled steam.

ThunderDan
16th July 2006, 17:35
Do you guys have the latest Direct X patch? Latest patch was on 6/9/2006

-SM-SUCKER
16th July 2006, 23:03
Do you guys have the latest Direct X patch? Latest patch was on 6/9/2006
yes, latest catalyst and latest sounddrivers, even latest xp patch.
Steampowdered suggested to play on DX 8.1 (hidden still a refraction) and I did. Until now. Crashed again. I can just hope that they fix it cause it sucks, those restarts don't sound very good. :mad:

ThunderDan
17th July 2006, 00:00
Maybe you should try the omega drivers - they've fixed some peoples problems before. - http://www.omegadrivers.net/