PDA

View Full Version : console command "kill"

DiabloTerrorGF
19th June 2006, 08:06
It works, but you can't respawn until kill is typed again. Even if you type kill while dead... you won't respawn...

hutch
19th June 2006, 08:33
hehe, I use kill all the time and I always respawn
(Negate that, I had it happen once)
But mine is a bind :)

Ging
19th June 2006, 11:58
What?

I use kill all the time, but I know that I won't respawn until the round ends - if you're using bots and you kill yourself as IRIS than you'll have to wait for the round to end before you respawn, bit of common sense for you there...

DiabloTerrorGF
19th June 2006, 18:36
Maybe I should demo it? I bound z to "kill" and it truly won't let me respawn... hmm I use Ging's config(lol) otherwise.

Ging
19th June 2006, 18:59
are you killing yourself as IRIS or as 617? Does the round end correctly if you are 617?

I've never had a issue with kill and I've done it a million and 4 times by now.

DiabloTerrorGF
19th June 2006, 19:14
As Iris and as dead Iris.

If I press while alive, it obviously kills me, but then I won't respawn when the new round begins unless I press my kill bind again. If I press it while dead... it just won't let me respawn...

Could it be a server side thing? hmm.. I'll go try to make sure I can reproduce it in another server before we should continue this discussion...

mullen1200
19th June 2006, 19:23
why in gods name would the kill command let you respawn if you are dead....

I think that is what they are trying to do..

Isolation
19th June 2006, 19:29
Only thing I can think of is being a 10th slotter and not respawning...

DiabloTerrorGF
20th June 2006, 02:03
I can't reproduce so maybe something else was wrong. I was the last Iris to be able to join... it was only a 9 slot server though.

hutch
20th June 2006, 07:26
Thats why, somehow you got booted to the 10th slot it sounds like.

Cranky
20th June 2006, 11:04
I can't reproduce

What?

Ging
20th June 2006, 12:24
He can't reproduce the issue of not being able to respawn when he used the 'kill' command - but considering the lack of information he's provided I suspect it's purely because he did it when there were surviving IRIS members.

Master Shake
25th June 2006, 07:06
To test it, go through your routine, ex: type "kill" while alive and in-game. Then go to character select screen, select a character, class, load-out, then "Enter...Operations".

If you are getting 10th slotted, then most likely choosing your character again will put you back in, and you will respawn at beginning of next round.

DiabloTerrorGF
2nd September 2006, 17:15
He can't reproduce the issue of not being able to respawn when he used the 'kill' command - but considering the lack of information he's provided I suspect it's purely because he did it when there were surviving IRIS members.

No, in the server, I got stuck, so I used kill. I die, everything is good, the Hidden wins appears, everyone respawned except me, I wasn't spectator either, this went a few rounds with me going "Wtf." I finally type kill again(while dead during match is going). The match ends, I respawn with everybody the correct way. I did kill again while alive, it wouldn't let me spawn on the new match, I fix it again by typing kill while dead. I spawn at the next match, I get killed, out of curiosity, I type kill while dead. I don't respawn at new match. And again, typing kill again, fixes it.

Whew.

Also, Ging, isn't your sig a little redundant to be linking back to the website?

butterқnife
2nd September 2006, 18:24
Is this a B4A server that it happened on? There was an old bug that prevented the 9th IRIS from spawning, causing him to sit out a round or two.

Skifer
10th September 2006, 19:50
LOL, i allways use kill when im top of a hidden that i killed to make it look like im a girl bouncing on top of him xD.