PDA

View Full Version : Desktop shortcut

gliger
19th June 2006, 07:48
Is there a way to take the hidden sign and set it as a shortcut. When i go to steam, right click on the game, drag down to create shortcut. When i look at my dest top it shows a steam sign. Witch is not verry good when you have as many hl and hl2 mods and shortcuts. If you have any info it will really help.

SkaveRat
19th June 2006, 08:33
you could make one.
atm there are only 2 Hidden icons (1 official, the IRIS logo and one inofficial; a knive with "HS"). But they are bot 16px big, so using them as desktop icons doesn't look good. Maybe I'll make some good looking icons today :D

redhood
19th June 2006, 14:47
There is a Hidden icon in the Valve World Icon Pack (http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/Valve_World_Icon_Pack;46231) you could extract and use for the time being.

gliger
19th June 2006, 17:40
Ty redhood ill try that.

skaverat if your going to actually make one that would be awsome. To me the best looking is the hidden simbol with the knive through it.

gliger
19th June 2006, 17:58
Ya ty redhood thies look awsome but how do i install them?

redhood
19th June 2006, 18:43
Very simple; just extract the zip to a easy to remember location. Inside the new folder you'll see an ICO folder, in that you should see Hidden.ico. Move the icon to the Hidden folder (Sourcemods>Hidden), while not necessary, it's good to keep things organized. After you have created a desktop shortcut via Steam right-click the desktop icon, go to properties, then choose change icon. Browse to the location (the Hidden folder) that you moved the desktop icon to and choose it. Viola, you have a new icon. If you're not going to use other icons you can delete the original folder. This is a long winded route but it'll get you there.