PDA

View Full Version : How to ban?

Can't See
16th June 2006, 13:38
Hey guys

Someone give me a hand. I been not playing on deadclan on any other one because the TKing and stuff was SOOOOO bad.

So we created our own server. Well last night we had a guy come in under the name (Stoned out of my mind) and was using speed hacks, aim hacks, and just non stop spam on chat with Nigg*% wrote out over and over for like 3 linesThen on top that he kept saying it nonstop over voice.

I tried Status in concole to get steam id but it just said Steam Id Pending

Then I tried the Banid 0 name and nothing.

Can someone explain this better for me so I can solve this problem next time. It was sooo sad, ruined it for everyone else in game. Seeing this would of been only way to understand how bad it was.

Thanks guys

chilly
16th June 2006, 14:10
If you cant ban him by steamid, ban him by ip: banip 0 ip
Also try and find a mod that boots steamid pending abusers, mani and bat both do it.

SkaveRat
16th June 2006, 14:11
you have no screen of the status? So we could ban him on every server.

Normally you can ban like this:

rcon_password *password*
rcon ban "*steamid/name*"

should work

Can't See
16th June 2006, 16:22
He had no steam ID that is why I did not post anything.

Also I was sooo busy trying to get him banned I did not make a demo

rcon ban thing wouldn't i need the steamid

I mean banning by name would ONLY ban that name he could come under another correct?

mullen1200
16th June 2006, 18:47
UUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH, thats not possible. he HAS to have a steamid.... wtf. did you type status in console..?

:confused:

Can't See
16th June 2006, 20:21
UUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH, thats not possible. he HAS to have a steamid.... wtf. did you type status in console..?

Listen I even posted everything to ANOMIE and he said that happens. So UHHHHHHHHHHHH it said PENDING

Isolation
16th June 2006, 20:27
Is Mani installed? If not, do so. It gives you some nice ban options (name, IP and SteamID). JDQC Is running the newest mani and it does not cause any problems that I am aware of.

Can't See
16th June 2006, 21:09
Is Mani installed? If not, do so. It gives you some nice ban options (name, IP and SteamID). JDQC Is running the newest mani and it does not cause any problems that I am aware of.

Thanks ISO.

Holla at me over steam friends tonight, see about getting a game going.

Can't See
16th June 2006, 21:44

You know I reread this post and started thinking WHAT THE FUCK are you coming at me for. Personally I think you have ZERO right to come at me. Being a SMART ass is something I don't play with, only with people I know, like sonic. Anyone else that knows me would help out. BUT YOU come here acting like I did something. All I can say is FUCK OFF and don;t write to me again.

Demented
16th June 2006, 21:48
I think you totally misread his post.
Go with your first reaction.

B.Diamonds
17th June 2006, 04:09
Download HLSW (http://hlsw.net/), it works very well for that stuff. once you set up the server ip and RCON information, Password, you are ready to go. if you have any qusetions after that ask I will be happy to help.

P.S. Please excuse the large HLSW, it was just so you would have an Idea of that was the link.

Can't See
17th June 2006, 19:56
THANKS ALOT Diamond

One question about that though, is it for a dedicated server ONLY?

B.Diamonds
18th June 2006, 02:34
nope it should work with any server.