PDA

View Full Version : Video problems with new update, Purple and White checkerboard

dragonvulture
14th June 2006, 15:05
After I installed the update yesterday, anytime I am hit with a grenade as IRIS or by the health gun thing while hidden, my screen goes to nothing but a giant purple and white checkerboard and I can't see anything until the effect goes away. This happens to be really annoying and makes the game unplayable for the duration of the effect. I am running dual core amd, and 2 Geforce 7900 GT in SLI. I am using driver 6.14.0010.9128 and I am running wide screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Phoenix_Bomb
14th June 2006, 15:12
If I'm not mistaken, this was caused if you only downloaded the mini update for B4, but not the entire thing. Look a few newsposts down on the main page and you'll find a link for the full B4 download.

mullen1200
14th June 2006, 17:52
Is its NOT moving at all? the checkerboard, or is it just a really bad blur, or is it more like a freeze frame... My buddy gets freeze frames and its really impossible..

MiasmicAnomie
14th June 2006, 18:38
Read this sticky in the tech support forum:

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=5127

nemesisaut
14th June 2006, 19:26
same here.... but i got purple and black :)

Trying the update now hope it will help....but anyway in my opinion the greatest mod for hl2 keep going guys.

neme