PDA

View Full Version : mis-named sounds

Paegus
14th June 2006, 00:22
Failed to load sound "player/hidden/voice/617-overhere02.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "player/hidden/voice/617-overhere03.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository

the scripts file is asking for ...overhere... but the files are named ...overehere...

Mr. Bottomhat
14th June 2006, 00:50
The devs a Brittish.

khu
14th June 2006, 01:04
Must have been my typo. Corrected for B5 ;)

Ging
14th June 2006, 01:45
The devs a Brittish.

Some of us - we've developed into something of a more international team recently - but even being british wouldn't make that a correct spelling of over here :p

Paegus
14th June 2006, 02:06
ohh... well while you're in the fixing typos mood there's a bunch of entries in the sounds alias files that point to ")player/...wav". now i know that CS:S does the some in various places and things work just fine but i was getting the same error as the one above saying: failed to load ")player/...wav" which i fixed a while back by making a softlink (err folder junction?) from .../sound/player/... to .../sound/)player/... and promptly forgot about it

khu
14th June 2006, 02:11
ohh... well while you're in the fixing typos mood there's a bunch of entries in the sounds alias files that point to ")player/...wav". now i know that CS:S does the some in various places and things work just fine but i was getting the same error as the one above saying: failed to load ")player/...wav" which i fixed a while back by making a softlink (err folder junction?) from .../sound/player/... to .../sound/)player/... and promptly forgot about it

")" is a reserved character for spatializing sounds in the Source engine. If you specify which files are having problems I can look into it. But ")" is not a typo.

Paegus
14th June 2006, 04:02
oh.. too bad they could do that with an flag on the sound file instead.
i'll revert my files to stock and keep an eye out for it.

Paegus
18th June 2006, 19:54
")" is a reserved character for spatializing sounds in the Source engine. If you specify which files are having problems I can look into it. But ")" is not a typo.

i've played for a while have haven't run into the problem so in retrospect i think i've figured out what was wrong... it was probably coming from the original error:
Failed to load sound "player/hidden/voice/617-overhere02.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound "player/hidden/voice/617-overhere03.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
would have originally appeared as:
Failed to load sound ")player/hidden/voice/617-overhere02.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
Failed to load sound ")player/hidden/voice/617-overhere03.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository
i just jumped to an incorrectly informed conclusion.