PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Source Has Ruined My Computer!!

ThePunisher
13th June 2006, 19:48
:mad: People From My Clan (WFC) Told Me That A New Game Came Out By Steam And They Sed It Was Good. So I Went Onto www.hidden-source.com And Downloaded It And Installed It I Entered Steam Everything Was Fine, Entered The Game Everything Was Fine, Then I Found My Clans Server Went To Go In It, It Downloaded The Stuff It Needed And As I Went Into The Game, The Game Locked Up! I Thought It Would Be Ok So I Did Ctrl-Alt-Delete And It Didnt Work. So Then I Restarted My Pc And It Was Terrible You Couldnt See Anything It Was All Sybols Like A Virus, And I Was Shitting My Self Because My Dad Had Only Just Fixed My Pc A Few Days Before This All Happed, Anyway I Was So Worried That Another Bad Virus Had Got On My Pc, Then I Shut My Pc Off By Holding The Power Button Down And Turned It Back On, Then It Semmed To Be Fine I Logged In And Everything Was Good I USed System Restore And Deleted Hidden-Source Then I Tired Warcraft 3 Because I Played That Alot And It Crashed Straight Away So I Did The Same Thing Again Then Tried Day Of Defeat Source Then I Was actually Playing For 2Mins Then It Did It Again. SO NOW I CANT PLAY ANY FUCKING GAMES BECAUSE OF A CRAP GAME WHICH GAVE ME A VIRUS! ATM I HATE THE GUYS AT HIDDEN-SOURCE BECAUSE OF THIS, I WILL CHANGE MY MIND IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME. ANYONE UP 2 THE CHALLENGE? I WOULD HAVE SENT A SNOTTY EMAIL TO HIDDEN-SOURCE AND STEAM BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THIS FIRST. PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE. O Yer By The Way I Now Cant USe My USB Components i.e My External Hard Drive, Webcam ETC.:mad:

AmMoBoY
13th June 2006, 19:56
I would help, but sence your blaming only HS, and some how you think I or other people care about what you think of HS we will you fix it... NO 1 person. Now if you said that after installing and attempting to play this happend with non of that bull at the end, then i would have made some suggestions but sence you went about it the wrong way.... have fun not playing nerd crack WOW.

SynxUK
13th June 2006, 20:04
Personally, I'm going to laugh! AHAHA!

Defensively, I'm going to say how in the installation is states hidden: source is not responsible for anything to mess up your system, or even for killing your parents. Yes it does before you even question me on that.

Seriously, I dont know how to help you. Sorry. Maybe you should have been more patient with it an stuff, before braking your own pc. LOL, :o :rolleyes:

Boxy
13th June 2006, 20:06
Its not possible for Hidden to break your PC all by itself. Maybe you could help us out by telling us some basic specs of the PC and the exact error message(s) you are getting and/or the behavious of your PC.

ThePunisher
13th June 2006, 20:19
Hmm.. That Wernt Bull At The End Its All True. Now Then Specs...
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name KENAGI2
System Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc.
System Model Uknown
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2200 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.00, 21/04/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name KENAGI2\Shaun
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 456.39 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.66 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

ThePunisher
13th June 2006, 20:20
What 150 Club?

Isolation
13th June 2006, 20:23
That's just part of Boxy's signature. Have you done any virus scans to see if Hidden: Source was the offender? If so, what files?

ThePunisher
13th June 2006, 20:25
i did virus scans, adware scans, spyware scans but nothing its really puzzling me help!!

MiasmicAnomie
13th June 2006, 20:36
So I Did Ctrl-Alt-Delete And It Didnt Work. So Then I Restarted My Pc

I'm betting your filesystem got corrupted somehow, because of that restart, not because of anything the game did.

You did not get a virus from installing H:S. Don't jump to conclusions.

mullen1200
13th June 2006, 20:38
Its not a virus for f's sake, sounds like your vid card is frekaing out, but thats after reading your half ass post..]

ThePunisher
13th June 2006, 20:46
miasmicAnomie so what should i do?

ThePunisher
13th June 2006, 20:47
my dads only just bought me a new vid card

Felf
13th June 2006, 20:48
moral of this story being, don't install crazy 3rd-party unsupported programs :p

Try wiping hidden and re-installing.

Sonic
13th June 2006, 20:57
Fact fdor the day: The caps lock key is approximatly 7 tenths of a millimeter away from your "A" Key!

ThePunisher
13th June 2006, 21:01
tried reinstalling it did the same thing

Veon
13th June 2006, 21:01
You somehow corrupt your system by holding down the power button, I have personal experience for this. I just did a disk check and everything worked fine.

ThePunisher
13th June 2006, 21:07
are you sure that works?

Ging
13th June 2006, 21:08
There should be laws, requiring some form of testing before people are allowed access to the internet...

ThePunisher
13th June 2006, 21:09
i still need help its still bugard

Boxy
13th June 2006, 21:13
Try running scandisk and see if it finds and/or fixes problems on your HDD.

Night Raider
13th June 2006, 22:20
:mad: People From My Clan (WFC) Told Me That A New Game Came Out By Steam And They Sed It Was Good. So I Went Onto www.hidden-source.com And Downloaded It And Installed It I Entered Steam Everything Was Fine, Entered The Game Everything Was Fine, Then I Found My Clans Server Went To Go In It, It Downloaded The Stuff It Needed And As I Went Into The Game, The Game Locked Up! I Thought It Would Be Ok So I Did Ctrl-Alt-Delete And It Didnt Work. So Then I Restarted My Pc And It Was Terrible You Couldnt See Anything It Was All Sybols Like A Virus, And I Was Shitting My Self Because My Dad Had Only Just Fixed My Pc A Few Days Before This All Happed, Anyway I Was So Worried That Another Bad Virus Had Got On My Pc, Then I Shut My Pc Off By Holding The Power Button Down And Turned It Back On, Then It Semmed To Be Fine I Logged In And Everything Was Good I USed System Restore And Deleted Hidden-Source Then I Tired Warcraft 3 Because I Played That Alot And It Crashed Straight Away So I Did The Same Thing Again Then Tried Day Of Defeat Source Then I Was actually Playing For 2Mins Then It Did It Again. SO NOW I CANT PLAY ANY FUCKING GAMES BECAUSE OF A CRAP GAME WHICH GAVE ME A VIRUS! ATM I HATE THE GUYS AT HIDDEN-SOURCE BECAUSE OF THIS, I WILL CHANGE MY MIND IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME. ANYONE UP 2 THE CHALLENGE? I WOULD HAVE SENT A SNOTTY EMAIL TO HIDDEN-SOURCE AND STEAM BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THIS FIRST. PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE. O Yer By The Way I Now Cant USe My USB Components i.e My External Hard Drive, Webcam ETC.:mad:

This post gives me a headache. Not to be anal, but please don't capitalize every single word. He'll, I prefer someone who types in all lower-case than someone who Types This Way.

BeerTent
13th June 2006, 23:07
Its Really God-Damn Annoying If You Type Like This, Its Also Annoying When YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS!!

Try reinstalling your videocard drivers, I think you didnt reinstall your old card's drivers and thats the issue.

MiasmicAnomie
13th June 2006, 23:13
You should reinstall your video drivers, reinstall a game, and see if that solves it.

Sgt. Poison Miller
14th June 2006, 01:16
Useless facts:

There are 484 capitalized letters in his post.

a little under 2.89% of those letters are the letter "P"

and some of the captial letters together spell: "IWASLAVA"

which I found mildly humorous.

btw Hidden most likely didn't give you a virus, unless you got it from somewhere other than the mirror list...

if you DID get a virus, (which I highly doubt), then you probably got it from whatever that crap that downloaded from the server.

most likely its a video card problem... check the drivers, get the latest, w/e, and make sure you're not overclocking it.

also Hidden-Source isn't by Steam... (or Valve for that matter), its a 3rd party mod.

and I wouldn't know what would be causing your USB crap not to work, maybe someone else can help there... (maybe his USB ports run through the Front Side Bus and since the video card is messing up then it's screwing with the USB?)

Mart Ini
14th June 2006, 09:13
also, full specs would be helpfull. ie. soundcard vidcard kind of ram etc, maybe the new config with the new vidcard is the bottleneck

Ow And Typing This Is Really Annoying!!!

peglegpete
14th June 2006, 11:34
People From My Clan (WFC) Told Me That A New Game Came Out By Steam And They Sed It Was Good. So I Went Onto www.hidden-source.com And Downloaded It And Installed It I Entered Steam Everything Was Fine, Entered The Game Everything Was Fine, Then I Found My Clans Server Went To Go In It, It Downloaded The Stuff It Needed And As I Went Into The Game, The Game Locked Up! I Thought It Would Be Ok So I Did Ctrl-Alt-Delete And It Didnt Work. So Then I Restarted My Pc And It Was Terrible You Couldnt See Anything It Was All Sybols Like A Virus, And I Was Shitting My Self Because My Dad Had Only Just Fixed My Pc A Few Days Before This All Happed, Anyway I Was So Worried That Another Bad Virus Had Got On My Pc, Then I Shut My Pc Off By Holding The Power Button Down And Turned It Back On, Then It Semmed To Be Fine I Logged In And Everything Was Good I USed System Restore And Deleted Hidden-Source Then I Tired Warcraft 3 Because I Played That Alot And It Crashed Straight Away So I Did The Same Thing Again Then Tried Day Of Defeat Source Then I Was actually Playing For 2Mins Then It Did It Again. SO NOW I CANT PLAY ANY FUCKING GAMES BECAUSE OF A CRAP GAME WHICH GAVE ME A VIRUS! ATM I HATE THE GUYS AT HIDDEN-SOURCE BECAUSE OF THIS, I WILL CHANGE MY MIND IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME. ANYONE UP 2 THE CHALLENGE? I WOULD HAVE SENT A SNOTTY EMAIL TO HIDDEN-SOURCE AND STEAM BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY THIS FIRST. PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE. O Yer By The Way I Now Cant USe My USB Components i.e My External Hard Drive, Webcam ETC.

I didn't read any of the posts, but who the fuck Types A Whole Paragraph Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word AND THEN EVENTUALLY JUST MOVES INTO ALL CAPS. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU.

redhood
14th June 2006, 11:46
My dad had only just fixes my PC a few days before this all happened...

Maybe the previous problem wasn't correctly resolved, or fixed. Obviously you've had problems beforehand, and I'm sure several before that incident which is, probably, due to the fact that you're irresponsible with your computer. Some folks here may be sympathetic and try to help, but personally, I think you should just quit.

Raistlin
14th June 2006, 13:42
I didn't read any of the posts, but who the fuck Types A Whole Paragraph Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word AND THEN EVENTUALLY JUST MOVES INTO ALL CAPS. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU.

God damn HILLARIOUS! :D

My cubicle mate looked at me like, "wtf?"

Phoenix_Bomb
14th June 2006, 14:51
Buy a new internet. Trust me, it'll work.

Let's just see how long he goes for that one. =P

Error-Hamppin
14th June 2006, 16:56

gz, you just failed life www.youfail.com

GIGAR
14th June 2006, 17:35
(Just asking) What is your anti-virus's name?

thuugo
15th June 2006, 00:28

The exact same thing is going on after I installed hidden. If I restart I have red blue green squares all over the screen. I have to shut the computer off 3 times to get it to work.

It's not a virus tho lol

Klaus Brockley
15th June 2006, 15:47
he needs to chill out lmao

Sonic Valley
16th June 2006, 11:22
I think the real problem is that they let anyone have access to the internet. There should be some sort of test that little kids take before they go online.

Veon
16th June 2006, 11:37
There should be laws, requiring some form of testing before people are allowed access to the internet...

The Laughing Man
19th June 2006, 14:38
or maybe, your clan gave you virus.

You did find your clan server, download stuff from them and then suddenly crash. Maybe clan hate you and wanted you go away.