PDA

View Full Version : Need to fix frontpage

detached
13th June 2006, 05:19
I've now come across 4 people, my cousin included, who only downloaded the Update for the early B4 Update downloaders linked in the 1st post. When hdn_origin loaded, they we're dced, and 2 jumped to another server asking if hdn_origin was bugged, cause it said their map did not match server.

So after talking to my cousin who experienced the same issue, he said he downloaded the link in the post, I asked if it was the server dl, he said no. Then I asked if it was in the 1st or second post, and he said 1st. After now discussing this with the other 2, they also mentioned they did the same thing. Saw the news title, and saw the link 'here' so they clicked and downloaded that update.

None of these people seem dumb or ignorant to me, just a bit misled, and not reading into the whole news post itself. I told all my players to go dl b4 when I updated from b3 to b4, they all dced and now most keep getting kicked when origin comes up as the map. So just a suggestion to fix that.

khu
13th June 2006, 06:35
I get your point. Tomorrow Ging will release a full B4 update with the B4(A) patch included, so hopefully all the links will get into one post.

I don't want to clutter the frontpage or I'd just repost it, but since it's coming tomorrow anyway, I won't.